What you did today

Gorth

i do... 75 hours till i get to leave on our weekend camping trip. this time we're going to longs peak in rocky mountain national park. the forecast for estes park, CO (nearby) calls for snow. should be an interesting weekend.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

wow, an hour and a half? my wisdom teeth came out in 20 minutes, tops.

taks

I think I may have been overestimating. The teeth were out in about 20-25 minutes, but I was apparently left unconscious in the chair for awhile after they finished.

I think I may have been overestimating. The teeth were out in about 20-25 minutes, but I was apparently left unconscious in the chair for awhile after they finished.

Did your butt hurt when you woke up?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

oh, that sucks... well, they took me to a "recovery room" afterward and i have no idea how long i was in there. i was hitting on the nurse they said, which i do not remember. with the brevital (or similar) drip, you typically begin to wake up almost immediately (at least, that's what they told me). of course, "awake" and "aware" are two entirely different concepts.

taks

my jeans aren't very lucky at all. i gained back all the weight i lost during my evil final semester of school and now weigh a few lbs. more. they aren't happy with being stretched back out.

taks

I Went to school and am now at lunch. Oh lunch just ended.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

subway for lunch for me. had that new chicken pizziola. meh. i'm not really a subway fan, but it is close and cheap and some of their other subs are fairly good.

taks

Well, on the upside, there was this hot chick who had her wisdom teeth taken out too, 10 minutes after me (so I'd guess my operation didn't last long). I sat around chatting with her while we recovered.

Two other people had theirs out at the same time I did. One was a guy, but the girl was pretty hot. She wasn't in very good shape to talk though. It's hard to talk when your mouth is full of gauze and half your face is frozen.

They put gauze in your mouth? I just got stitches and was sent on my way (well, after I woke up).

I have to say, my doctor/dentist did an excellent job. I had this team of like 6 doctors and nurses monitoring me the entire time, and the anaesthetics were done really well it seems.

Although just reading a dentistry journal now, 1 in 300,000 people die under general anaesthetic dental procedures. That was not a comforting statistic, and gives credence to my earlier feeling that I stopped breathing at once point in the operation.

When I went to get mine I was in the waiting room and the chick before me was filling out paper work. Then she found out her moms insurance didn't cover anesthetic. That's when the water works turned on, big time. Then I walked in and I was like sucks to be you, lulz, and then they took me in a side room and were like yeah it's very possible that you could suffer nerve damage and not be able to control your mouth, could die, and even then I was like alright whatever. And then I got put in the chair and they put the heart monitor and stuff on and they were like get ready to count down from 10. And I'm like 10, 9 - "boy u gonna get raped >:3" - :'(, x_x. Then I woke up in the chair, procedure took about 35 minutes, I got slepped out of the back entrance into the car and then I crawled upstairs and went to bed.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

They put gauze in your mouth? I just got stitches and was sent on my way (well, after I woke up).

I have to say, my doctor/dentist did an excellent job. I had this team of like 6 doctors and nurses monitoring me the entire time, and the anaesthetics were done really well it seems.

Although just reading a dentistry journal now, 1 in 300,000 people die under general anaesthetic dental procedures. That was not a comforting statistic, and gives credence to my earlier feeling that I stopped breathing at once point in the operation.

Errr, 1 in 300,000 is pretty effing tiny.

How many dental operations under GA do you think there are each year? Maybe 30 million? So each year 100 people die under GA.

It's tiny, but not tiny enough.

And death by wisdom teeth is? :huh:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yay we're getting back to the Hacendo Mundo arc in Bleach! HUZZAH HUZZAH!

also I'm thinking on thursday I"m gonna hit up Manpower Temp agency for a job.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

How many dental operations under GA do you think there are each year? Maybe 30 million? So each year 100 people die under GA.

It's tiny, but not tiny enough.

You are saying that because you found out that 1 in 300,000 people die, you are certain you weren't hearing things while under anesthetic. If your diastolic is that low and you're experiencing lung failure, you probably aren't conscious. For reference sake, you have a worse chance of dying due to anesthetic, then you do of flipping a coin 18 times and having it be the same thing every time.

I have had 6 operations this past year and woke in the middle of two of them. First one I could feel the surgeon cutting my leg open. When I ask my

doctor about this after the operation he it happens more than people think.