Mass Effect propaganda - sidequests?

"You're missing very little, unless you want to see how far Bioware went down with their attempts at mainstreaming and rushed production. "

Better than either KOTOR that is for sure. Easily.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Magister Lajciak, the PC version is still very buggy and a patch has yet been released for it. It is a good game, but it is definitely not without its faults, however with games like ME, GTA4, Lost Odyssey (Best JRPG I have ever played), and the like investing in a XBox 360 is very much worth it. And yes, Wrath of Dagon, ME is better than either KotORs by the mere fact alone that it isn't Star Wars.

Well, Bioware did go down hill a little with NWN1 and KotOR1, but have regained momentum with JE and ME. :x

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Since you've repeated that bit of wisdom 10,000 times now, it must surely be true.

This is either an alt, or someone who catches on super quick!

From mainly lurker observation :x

Wrath is pretty active on the BIO boards, so (99% ) sure hes just quick.

Edited by Zero

I liked the main story of Mass Effect. I'm looking forward to how they're going to continue the story in parts 2 and 3.

I didn't like most of the side-quests. As other people have mentioned it basically going to a planet, shooting your way through to a goal and then shooting your way back out. There are some encounters that I enjoyed, but most are the same. Other sidequests like finding minerals and gas deposits I just started to skip as I didn't want to drive around empty planets looking for everything.

I still think exploration was done the best in Baldur's Gate, where there were separate areas that had one interesting thing or encounter going on. Like the archaological dig site, encounter with the mad wizard and his basilisks, the soldier gone crazy because of the cursed sword, High Hedge, the siren enslaved by the Ogre Mage, the boy who lost his dog, the transmorgified pupil/chicken, the destroyed school and the skeletal warrior that you encounter, on and on... It made each area feel interesting and alive.

The planets on Mass Effect were a bunch of barren landscapes with different weather. The places you could go into with your party were all pretty much 3-4 rooms connected, with containers of stuff conveniently located for gameplay purposes. It was dissapointing to say the least.

I am thinking that ME2 and ME3 will have more interesting side missions that will be more along the lines of the "Bring Down the Sky" downable content than what was in ME1.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

The side quests are pretty generic. Id like to see some variations. Maybe save a stripper from her abusive drunk husband. Or stop a teen pregnancy. lol Kotor had some sweet sides. Pazaak, racing, dancing!

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Magister Lajciak, the PC version is still very buggy and a patch has yet been released for it. It is a good game, but it is definitely not without its faults, however with games like ME, GTA4, Lost Odyssey (Best JRPG I have ever played), and the like investing in a XBox 360 is very much worth it. And yes, Wrath of Dagon, ME is better than either KotORs by the mere fact alone that it isn't Star Wars.

Well, Bioware did go down hill a little with NWN1 and KotOR1, but have regained momentum with JE and ME. :lol:

Well, I not only do not have a console, but I also don't have a TV, which consoles, as far as I know, require to function.

NEWSFLASH: Real Time Doesn't Always Equal Twitch

If this is a response to me, any shooting game that allows aiming while paused cannot be twitch. Twitch, by definition, is a term that describes precise control input in a very limited time period. If there is no restriction on the amount of time the player has to give the game control input, then it's not twitch.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

Well, I not only do not have a console, but I also don't have a TV, which consoles, as far as I know, require to function.

I had my console hooked in through my PC, using my PC speakers and monitor for sound and display.

The side quests weren't spectacular, it's true. I'd recommend doing what I did, which is mostly ignore the sidequests the first time you play through, so that they're still there to keep the second time fresh.

And this is not a twitch game. Trust me, if I can get through it (albeit with a little help from you guys), you don't need much in the way of twitch abilities.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I had my console hooked in through my PC, using my PC speakers and monitor for sound and display.

OMG! What an abomination.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

OMG! What an abomination.

Hey, it works. All my gaming in one place is very nice.

"If this is a response to me, any shooting game that allows aiming while paused cannot be twitch"

Nah, you are cool. (+5 suck up points)

"They went down hill the moment they got into bed with EA."

EA is awesome. No company has given so much awesome playing time with awesome games. NHL 08, and MVP 05 alone are beyond awesomeness. Only BIO's NWN has even come close to giving me the hours of fun play time.

EA = Best Publisher/Developer In Business.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't like sport titles.

People whine about EA, but at the end of the day they're the ones making money which means that they're the ones driving the industry forward and funding projects which wouldn't even see the light of day otherwise.

People complain about this, but they're pretty much entirely in the waaaaaaaah consoles sux crowd.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Well, Bioware did go down hill a little with NWN1 and KotOR1, but have regained momentum with JE and ME. :ermm:
JE is an RPG Bioware didn't bother to finish, with ME they didn't even bother to start.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan