Chris Avellone interview

funcroc

Interview 1, Interview 2

James: What games are you currently working on?

Chris: I was Creative Lead Designer on our Aliens role-playing game, then transitioned off to be a Lead Designer on two titles we have in development - both unannounced at this time, but stay tuned. :) It's going to be a good year for RPGs.

don't know when this interviews were posted there, but what was the other game of the two titles MCA was a lead designer on?

Depending on when this interview was conducted, I would naturally guess Alpha Protocol and Storm of Zehir. Still, haven't heard anything else about his immediate involvement with SoZ (though as I understand it, he does oversee all of Obsidians projects), but it would be welcome to see his writing again.

Thanks for posting the interview. I'm afraid that many of his changes in the "How would you do Torment today?" would lessen the game for me. I think I enjoy extremes in games. There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve the combat system obviously, but if that, coupled with more fights, would take away attention from the rest of the game (which is what makes this game a practically unique jewel and truly memorable) I suspect it would just be a less interesting game to me.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I doubt the second project is SoZ. Tony Evans is the lead designer of the second expansion. Obsidian must have at least one unnanounced project in pre-production now - both Alpha Protocol and Aliens RPG are scheduled for 2009 release. It's about time they started to think of what to do next.

20795.jpg

They really need to tell us when that interview was done

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The interview was done in February or March of 2008 so he's probably referring to Aliens and Alpha Protocol. Or am I out of the loop again?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"officially unannounced" and "RPGs"

...oh yes, not Alien, nor Alpha... it will be great! [and I won't say more than what I did before] >_<

EDIT: and an expansion wouldn't be something so "great" to begin with, there isn't talk about any expansions there...

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

It might be just SoZ

So, uhh, hey Alvin!

Has MCA worked as Lead Designer on SoZ at somepoint hmm?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

It might be just SoZ

So, uhh, hey Alvin!

::manifests in cloud of smoke and vapor::

Oh, sorry - wrong A-name developer. But um, no, he wasn't. It's been Mr. Tony Evans all the way for SoZ.

Bye now!

::disappears in cloud of smoke::

Haha, I mentioned Alvin specifically because he was lurking in this topic when I posted that (though you propably figured it out >_< )

Do you think interviewer might've confused MCA's role as creative lead for Aliens RPG in pre-development to being lead designer?

It might be just SoZ

So, uhh, hey Alvin!

::manifests in cloud of smoke and vapor::

Oh, sorry - wrong A-name developer. But um, no, he wasn't. It's been Mr. Tony Evans all the way for SoZ.

Bye now!

::disappears in cloud of smoke::

hmm...after such a comment, i guess you will be a genie...

IB1OsQq.png