Jagged Alliance 2

Humodour

You can field up to 18 mercs in each battle (3x6 mercs) and later you are going to need larger forces. Nothing like getting stuck in a battle with a handful of mercs, 20 militia men fighting on your side and a horde of Deirdrannas men invading your square :grin:

Bah. The only time that you should need more than six mercs is when you attack the last city, now there's a real fight.

@Krez

Having mercs walk when they are tired should also increase their health.

Mechanics increases dexterity. I can't quite remember what explosives increases but they are tied in that way.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

STrength is very important for some characters. Load up full body armor, mortar, some shells, an autoweapon, some spare magazines, plus sundries. and most of your mercs won't be able to move. Grizzly is awesome cause his high strength makes his heavy weapons specialty very useful.

STrength also affects hand to hand damage (not so useful generally) and throwing distance for grenades and knives. Also a high strength generally makes characters mopre functional in the field and less affacted by wound.

On a side note: I've never seen a mercs health increase in the 1.12 version of the game. The original game went though a lot of changes as to how stats increase. Each of the patches from 1 to 1.06 made it a little diferent. The 1.13 mod has restored some of the stat increase fucntionality that was present in early versions of the game.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I enjoyed taking my merc (high marskmanship, night ops, and stealthy) combined with Shadow, and the two of us would go in with scoped laser sighted rifles and wipe out whole patrols by ourselves at night.

"Too easy"

Great for gaining levels and helping you get those precious interrupts.

Strength is important, especially in the last few sectors where you are against tanks.

Your team must be equipped with enough mortal and LAW rounds to complete the level and often, you have only got one opportunity to kill one of these tanks since they could basically gib you in one round.

The inventory is so awesome now. I am so amazed by the 1.13 mod every time they come up with something new.

Here's a pic from my current game in the aftermath of one of the queens counterattacks on the Cambria mine sector. Once you wind up the difficulty it gets a little nuts. 8)

post-378-1214169742.jpg

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I once played a psycho **** that went solo against all. With a lot of knives.

Really it was great fun, but it forced you to play at night.

*head-shot*

*guy dies*

*escape*

*head-shot*

It got pretty impossible when levels were inside buildings with black shirts.

But i still finished. Of course now with the 1.13 mod it IS impossible.

Edited by Serious Callers Only

Here's a pic from my current game...

Seriously, you need to learn how to transform BMP pictures to JPG or PNG or something.

Download Irfanview ( http://www.irfanview.com/ ), install it, open your BMP picture with Irfanview, press Ctrl + S, choose JPG or PNG in the scroll-list at the bottom, choose something like 85-90 on the Quality slider to the right and save the new picture. Presto, that 900 KB BMP is turned into a more manageable 100-150 KB JPG.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Thanks, mkreku. I'll give that one a try. I used to have a pretty decent application that converted image formats, but when I moved to my new computer I never installled. Don't even know where the cd is now. SO for the last year I've just been using Paint to do my conversions. lol. I'm so lazy.

But I'll give this one a try.

:ermm:

I just found out that Danny has a serious beef with Steroid. I'm pretty bummed because I've always found Steroid useful, but I've had Danny since the start and he's already been through some tough fights. I guess I'll have to fire the meathead.

I also killed Micky, the animal merchant guy. Are there any consequences to that? I really appreciated the 10k in cash he dropped. I've never killed him before.

Razor is seriously deadly for a guy with such a low accuracy skill. He seems to hit a surprising amount of times. Biff has a higher score and he can't hit the broadside of a barn.

I just found out that Danny has a serious beef with Steroid. I'm pretty bummed because I've always found Steroid useful, but I've had Danny since the start and he's already been through some tough fights. I guess I'll have to fire the meathead.

I also killed Micky, the animal merchant guy. Are there any consequences to that? I really appreciated the 10k in cash he dropped. I've never killed him before.

Razor is seriously deadly for a guy with such a low accuracy skill. He seems to hit a surprising amount of times. Biff has a higher score and he can't hit the broadside of a barn.

As a medical sort of fellow, Danny can't stand the roid users. lol.

No consequences to kiling Mickey other than you can't selel animal parts. I've onyl done it once or twice though, so I wouldn't say I am an expert in that particular event.

Razor is just seriously awesome :sweat:

• 6 months later...

No need to apologize, this thread was merely resting.

I'm not sure about multiplayer though. I did play Deadly Games with a buddy back in the day, but my time with JA2 is almost more of a spiritual fulfillment, and it might be spoiled by another party.

I've been meaning to give the latest version of 1.13 a try, but haven't had the time recently.

I didn't end up finishing this; my computer crashed shortly after. I'll have to give it another go soon. I quite enjoyed it.

This is one game that is truly about the journey and not the destination. In the vanilla JA2 I usually restart somewhere in the Queen's palace.

I also seem to remember the Urban Chaos mod being really good. Does that work with 1.13?

I didn't end up finishing this; my computer crashed shortly after. I'll have to give it another go soon. I quite enjoyed it.

This is one game that is truly about the journey and not the destination. In the vanilla JA2 I usually restart somewhere in the Queen's palace.

I also seem to remember the Urban Chaos mod being really good. Does that work with 1.13?

I don't recall if they are compatible together or not. The recommended install of 1.13 is on a fresh install of Jag 2 gold patched to 1.12. Probably you best bet for stability is not to mix them.

You could check Bear's Pit. I'm sure they would say one way or the other.

A few months ago, it was not compatible, but I think they were working on that. Still, there are already enough stability concerns wihout throwing two major mods together like that. I think 1.13 really stands on its own and makes the main campaign fresh and new.

I don't recall if they are compatible together or not. The recommended install of 1.13 is on a fresh install of Jag 2 gold patched to 1.12. Probably you best bet for stability is not to mix them.

You could check Bear's Pit. I'm sure they would say one way or the other.

Woah Bear's Pit is STILL alive? I used to go there a long time ago, but it was pretty dead a year ago. I'll check it out.