Mirror's Edge

Spider

The vocal version of the theme song is horrible, just horrible. I like the non-vocal one though.

And the video doesn't show me anything new. This game is supposed to come out in 1 month, and all I've seen are the same two levels, which is all about jumping and running. There better be more than jumping and runing, otherwise I don't see the motivation behind that game.

I have to agree with Morgoth on the song. The instrumental version is quite great, while the one with vocals is godawful.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Official Mirror's Edge theme, "Still Alive" by Lisa Miskovsky is out and leaked even somewhere in the internet.

wuh, they commissioned a theme song called 'Still Alive'?

will there

? Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

Oh "probably a plot"!

Great!

A bit of wikipedia digging shows that they've hired the daughter of Terry Pratchett to write for it.

Rhianna Pratchett:

Current projects

* Mirror's Edge by EA DICE

* Dungeon Hero by Firefly Studios

* Overlord II by Triumph Studios

* Unannounced projects

Other works

Pratchett has written a fantasy novella titled Child of Chaos, distributed with the computer role-playing game Beyond Divinity. She has written scripts and storyline for several games, including Heavenly Sword[4] and Overlord.[5]

Something makes me doubt that it would be interesting for the story.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I have to agree with Morgoth on the song. The instrumental version is quite great, while the one with vocals is godawful.

Agreed. The instrumental version is several orders of magnitude better than the vocal version.

That's pretty awful, man. And I have a bias towards all things Swedish.

Even Roxette is better.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I suppose my preference of (And loved) Yoko Kanno's works puts me in the spot of being the only person who likes it :)

The song gives me strong Ghost in the Shell - Origa's vibes afterall.

edit.

Bah screw it. After listening to the track a few times, I come to the decision that I LOVE THE SONG. Bite moi.

Edited by Zoma

This sounds like a great game. Even if it fails to live up to the hype, or it has a number of gameplay failures, I hope it will add something to the medium. My real concern is dizziness. I tend to have trouble with regular first-person shooters. I can imagine playing this game for an hour and being rewarded with a migraine or feeling nauseated.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Mirror's edge is supposed to have a dot at the center of the screen (the only UI in the game) that is supposed to help with any kind of nauseous feeling created by the game.

That's great to hear since watching the trailers, for the first time it gave me a sense of nauseousness for an FPS games which never happened to me before. Hopefully the reticule will fix it.

Mirror's edge is supposed to have a dot at the center of the screen (the only UI in the game) that is supposed to help with any kind of nauseous feeling created by the game.

It's good to know the developers are keen to that issue.

How would a dot in the center of the screen help though?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I think you're supposed to fixate on it and that'll help. It gives a focal point, the lack of which is what creates the nauseous feeling in the first place... or something. I'm not an expert on this.

IIRC the whole motion sickness thing has to do with the conflicts between what signals the brain is given by the eyes and that given by the inner ear. The inner ear says no movement, but the eyes say "OMFG! We just jumped off a building are are falling at 150MPH!" By including the little dot in the center of the screen, your eyes focus on the unmoving dot and stop telling the brain that you are moving. No more conflicting signals = no more motion sickness.

Or something like that.

Edited by Deraldin

So why isn't everyone getting it?

Explain that, Clever McSmartypants

Because your brain doesn't always listen to your ears :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I also have terrible motion sickness while playing FPS games. I have, on occasion, used Dramamine and other time used those motion sickness bracelets. Eventually, I get past the motion sickness and can more or less enjoy the game. The game is a clear 'maybe.' I guess I can test the new anti-nausea scheme first hand if I play it.

i never understood the whole motion sickness thing until i got a widescreen monitor and got slightly woozy driving the buggy in Half Life 2.

oh wait, that was the booze, sorry.

Can't say that it's ever bother me either, although it hits my dad if he tries to watch me play an FPS. It hit him really badly when he tried watching me play Mechwarrior 3 from a ****pit view.