KOTOR II Dialogue Files

Of course, if you're playing as a female, why would you *want* to talk Bastila down? I absolutely could NOT stand her. All you ever get is nag, nag, nag, nag. I recently started playing a male game for the first time and was so completely shocked when Bastila ended up being kinda likeable. She softens up sooooooo much and so fast compared to when you're a female.

Maybe the men developers just don't know how to write friendly female interactions or something.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Was your first play through as a male character? I think if it had been for me, I wouldn't have ever developed the dislike I have for her because she warms up *SO* much more quickly. So if you play as a female after already liking her, you probably don't find her so annoying.

But honestly, I don't think I willingly talked to her after Taris on my first game.

Was your first play through as a male character? I think if it had been for me, I wouldn't have ever developed the dislike I have for her because she warms up *SO* much more quickly. So if you play as a female after already liking her, you probably don't find her so annoying.

But honestly, I don't think I willingly talked to her after Taris on my first game.

I LOVE Bastila (if you couldn't tell), but I'm also aware that a lot of female gamers can't stand her. Just like a lot of male gamers dislike Carth. Originally, I wanted to hate her simply because she's so much prettier than the female PC choices. :) The thing about Bastila is, she's VERY disapproving of EVERYTHING a female Revan does in KotOR. "You didn't save me, I saved myself!", "These feelings you feel for Carth are WRONG!" "Beware the darkside! Nevermind that you've been playing lightsided the whole game, and help people that I just wanted to blow off!" She also doesn't respond well at all to teasing. The more you tease Carth, the funner he is, but Bastila just calls you 'childish' for trying: "I'm a hut in disguise" really ticks her off.

But later on, she starts to feel like she falls short, and her vulnerability becomes apparent. That, and I just love Jennifer Hale's voice acting. She had me convinced that her accent was genuine (yank that I am). So, yeah, I like Bastila. She's pretty, funny (like when she force trips Mission), and great to have along in a fight.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

But later on, she starts to feel like she falls short, and her vulnerability becomes apparent. That, and I just love Jennifer Hale's voice acting. She had me convinced that her accent was genuine (yank that I am). So, yeah, I like Bastila. She's pretty, funny (like when she force trips Mission), and great to have along in a fight.

that and she is your healer at the beginning

Of course, if you're playing as a female, why would you *want* to talk Bastila down? I absolutely could NOT stand her. All you ever get is nag, nag, nag, nag. I recently started playing a male game for the first time and was so completely shocked when Bastila ended up being kinda likeable. She softens up sooooooo much and so fast compared to when you're a female.

Maybe the men developers just don't know how to write friendly female interactions or something.

I know exactly what you mean. Bastila irked me from the moment I met her. I think its because I liked to playfully tease Carth and he thought it was funny, but when you joked with Bastila she went off on a tirade. I get that she is just trying to make sure you don't fall to the dark side and all but seriously, I'd like her a whole lot more if she'd just lighten up a little bit.

Who says Juhani is a female? Are Cathar really that alike, to have just 2 genders? Same question for all SW characters.

Well as far as we can tell, yes. Male and Female. Man and Woman do more relate to humans, as well, yes.

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

I guess women would be alien to most of you.

ooooh, burn.

They're icky. And have cooties.

Luckily, there are none on the internet. So we're safe here.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Person=human/alein living sentient being, etc

Woman=human female

Female=non-male alein or human

You do not go around calling Rodians and Twi'leks women. You just don't.

Seems nitpicky. Most alien species in fiction are inexplicably humanoid. If you're going to be specific that they have to be Homo Sapien Sapiens, you can't even technically call the "humans" of Star Wars that, as the species doesn't share the same genetic line, but are merely a close analogue.

Though I do see your point.

Edited by Tale

Ok, I'm rofl...

I've always thought that Juhani being a lesbian is rather a silly idea... I mean, really, once you stop having sex with your own species, does it really matter what the sex is of the person you're having it with?

Anyhow, I never can resist saying the hutt line to Bastila and she gets just as pissy everytime. The girl seriously needs to lighten up!

/*waves her cootie infested hand at Tale* I'm not touching youuuuuu!

I've always thought that Juhani being a lesbian is rather a silly idea... I mean, really, once you stop having sex with your own species, does it really matter what the sex is of the person you're having it with?
Of course it matters. They're still humanoid and, including Juhani's case, mammalian. The parts probably line up.

/*waves her cootie infested hand at Tale* I'm not touching youuuuuu!

AHHHH! *runs*

Edited by Tale

See, I thought my 1st play-thru that Juhani just needed a friend and another girl to talk to. Then I got to the roof of the temple on the unknown planet, and I was like, Huh? By this time, I'm always well into the Carth romance. But I've learned that it's ok to respond to Juhani's come on AND have Carth. Unlike Mass Effect, BTW, where it's either hunky Kaidan OR blue-alien-girl Liara. Those two confront you together and actually make you choose between them.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.