World Wars

walkerguy

Define 'fudge all'? If by fudge all you mean a dedicated and highly effective corps of intelligence analysts using reconnaissance and military logic then I shall agree with you.

As for risking lives on rare chances for great gains then I'm afraid it bloody well does happen. It's how you win wars. And as a soldeir I'm none too happy about it, but I know it works.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What you call overly optimistic is in other circumstances is called daring. OVERLORD would be a good example. There were many intelligence surprises on D-Day, such as the moving of batteries, the dropping of thousands of paratroops into flooded areas, and the unexpected strength of the 352nd Panzergrenadier Division. But it came off OK. Hurrah. If it had not, what would we think of its architects?

A good example was Pointe du Hoc attacked for the 2nd Ranger Battalion, to destroy the guns that the "intelligence" said the germans had there but there was no guns :lol:

Only one thing Walsingham, the 352 was an Infanterie Division not a Panzergrenadier, the "mistake" here was say it was a "static" division not a regular one o:)

LXXXIV.Armeekorps: General der Artillerie Erich Marcks 8.01.43 - 6.12.44

Cos: Oberstlt Friedrich von Criegern ??.??.43 - ??.??.44

716.Infanterie-Division: Genmj/Genlt Wilhelm Richter 4.01.43 - 9.??.44

352.Infanterie-Division: Genlt Dietrich Kraiss 11.06.43 - 8.02.44

709.Infanterie-Division: Generalleutnant Karl-Wilhelm von Schlieben 12.12.43 - 6.23.44

319.Infanterie-Division: Genmj/Genlt Rudolf graf von Schmettow 9.01.43 - 2.27.45

Ostregimentstab 752: Oberst Julius Coretti 4.??.44 - 7.??.44

http://www.feldgrau.com/oob44.html

P.D.- The 2 pics of the begining of this topic are from the Second World War, there is no one from the first :lol:

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

You are correct, of course, Aponez. I was working from memory, and got cnofused because of the 352nd's SP anti-tank component.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

P.D.- The 2 pics of the begining of this topic are from the Second World War, there is no one from the first :)

Either you are incorrect or the site is incorrect. I got them off some major WW sites and I doubt they were wrong so its probably you. :) No offense, of course.

Twitter | @Insevin

P.D.- The 2 pics of the begining of this topic are from the Second World War, there is no one from the first :ermm:

Either you are incorrect or the site is incorrect. I got them off some major WW sites and I doubt they were wrong so its probably you. :) No offense, of course.

Actually, I think he is right. They are wearing american WWII uniforms in both pictures.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Either you are incorrect or the site is incorrect.

I am almost positive that I have seen the second picture in several books regarding the Normandy Landing on D-Day. :ermm:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Hows this?

A WWI picture :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I sometimes wonder what Hollywood and the games industry woud do without the Germans.

You don't need no stupid Kraut wars - You got Yanks wars now.

Wargames Forever!

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

And then we have orcs!

-Elwood Blues

I caught a TV show about the Russo-Finnish war. Interesting stuff.

-Elwood Blues

I caught a TV show about the Russo-Finnish war. Interesting stuff.

Yeah, managing to hold against superpower was quite a feat. Unchallengable fighting spirit was the key as well as better training (though not equipment), experience in fighting in woods and snow as well as "General Winter" as we call that bloody cold winter. Numbers were rather hilarious

250,000 men

30 tanks

130 aircraft

vs

1,000,000 men

6,541 tanks

3,800 aircraft

Hardly fair :p

Tali-Ihantala was one crazy achievement, it was Stalin's elite then after all. And if that battle hadn't been succesful we would've been another soviet controlled puppet nation up to 90's :)

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Most of Scandinavia saw fit to sit on their collective behind and let Finns do the fighting.

No, I'm not bitter, I'm hardly patriotic as it is, just like to remind people that there was only a handful of volunteers from Sweden and Norway, but the governments didn't give two pennies' worth over us.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Haha, they wish. <3 Finland

You're basically looking at the same thing that happened when they invaded Afganistan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Winter_War

I'd disagree. The Sovs captured Afghanistan using a wealth of special forecs and other shenanigans within 72 hrs. The Russo-Finnish war was fought conventionally for many weeks. Viz the Karelian peninsula fighting. It was only further north that you had hit and run strikes. Moreover you had compelte encirclement of Russian forces to the point where they died fighting.

-Elwood Blues