Image Making thread

BIOShazard

Any of you know of a good program to help you draw geometry for use in 2d art. Photoshop will let you draw a straight line by holding down a button, thats about it. Illustrator is not much better, way too spetialised to be any good for my needs.

I need something that will let me create tubes ovals, lines, perspectives etc, without being an engineering tool that takes 5 years to learn to operate.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Just to be pre-emptive - they're joking, of course.

We really need to take Kaftan's sig and give it to about ten other people. ;)

thanks, tigrane. I was about to start yelling at them.

Umm... my comp had a little blackout the other day, and I lost my progress. I'll start it tomorrow :)

geass-1.jpg

Part of Rise of the Sith TSL Mod

Any of you know of a good program to help you draw geometry for use in 2d art. Photoshop will let you draw a straight line by holding down a button, thats about it. Illustrator is not much better, way too spetialised to be any good for my needs.

I need something that will let me create tubes ovals, lines, perspectives etc, without being an engineering tool that takes 5 years to learn to operate.

Illustrator is no good? I suppose I must recommend Paint then. :) I don't know if Corel Draw is still available, but that used to be pretty good? I could recommend Aura/Mirage/TVPaint (different versions of the same program) but... I'm not going to, because that program is complete ****.

Flash.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Guest The Architect
Just to be pre-emptive - they're joking, of course.

We really need to take Kaftan's sig and give it to about ten other people. :ermm:

thanks, tigrane. I was about to start yelling at them.

Oh boy, I sure wouldn't want you yelling at me!

:(

Flash.

Do you use Flash? I'm getting pretty good with it

Illustrator is bad because there are only 3 geometry tools, they expect you to build the rest with an impossible little widget

that manipulates anchor points. How this became the choice in design I will never understand.

Friend of mine tried to wow me by demoing some of the stuff it can do. I can see how it might be useful if you were designing logos or a can of tomatoes, other than that, not really.

I have no experience of flash whatsoever, but I take it it can't work with photoshop layers, you really need photoshop for the coloring. Painter (the successor to corel paint) does a real mess of layers, individual brushes will start their own layers and you will have to sort them out when you are deleting part of your work, 80% of the brushes are gimmics you would never use in a million years except for a laugh, and they clutter up the palettes and the useful ones.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Do you use Flash? I'm getting pretty good with it

Not if I can help it (though I really enjoyed it about three years ago), the move to 3D animation totally killed any desire to use flash. Mostly because I find it so restrictive without the third dimension.

Having said that, now that i've got a tablet, this could change.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I present the sig I was requested to do.

NewAgerequest1.jpg

I haven't touched my Photoshop since January, so this is the best I could do right now. I can still show you guys my best work if you still think I'm-a newb 'shopper. And the tut I mainly used has been removed from the 'shack, so until I can find a new one on the 'bucket, thats the best I can do ATM(At The Moment for you newbs :))

EDIT: about the little dents.. um... it was my first shot at rendering (Tho I think I gots it... maybe if I can make straight lines :p)

Edited by BIOShazard

geass-1.jpg

Part of Rise of the Sith TSL Mod