Who is Atris?

So which one is Atris? I keep seeing polls which ask you to say who you would prefer and one of the choices is always Atris which confuses me as (as far as i'm aware) we have not been told for definite who she is. So how can people vote for her not knowing what she even looks like?

This is the person originally believed to be Atris but later we were told she was not (cant remember where and would be greatful if someone knew).

Currently people believe this chick is Atris!

So which one is she? Maybe a dev could answer the question!

Lets sort this out!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I guess what i really want to know is how is she so popular when no one really knows who she is?

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

er... she's pretty.... and the whole aura of mystery helps build up lots of curiousity. I have to confess I'm *really* curious who she may be; I'd be disappointed, not to see her as a priviledged party member -sort of like Bastila; preferably even more 'priviledged'.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

How do u know she is pretty if you dont know what she looks like?

This is the person originally believed to be Atris but later we were told she was not (cant remember where and would be greatful if someone knew).

You reversed it. The second link was thought to be Atris, but later on we were told it wasn't.

The first link, as far as we know (and "hints" support it thus far) is Atris.

You reversed it. The second link was thought to be Atris, but later on we were told it wasn't.

So people are basing their liking of Atris on a concept art picture that may or may not actually be her! :)

So people are basing their liking of Atris on a concept art picture that may or may not actually be her! :)

We actaully have 4 concept pieces with her in it...but yes

??? The White Haired Chick a.k.a Atris is featured on two concept art pictures, and on the Wallpaper -- those are the only images we have of her. I don't understand why you got things mixed up?

The white girl on the in-game screenshot that you gave a link for is NOT Atris, as Akari confirmed; but everybody *since the beginning*, refers to that white haired girl on the *concept art* as Atris.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Yes. "Atris" was arguably the first KOTOR II character we ever saw, along with "the Masked Sith" both of whom appeared in the first advertisment in whihc they fade in and out. They're also together in the Desktop background downloadable on Lucasarts' website.

"You shall not pass!"

So people are basing their liking of Atris on a concept art picture that may or may not actually be her! :blink:

??? The White Haired Chick a.k.a Atris is featured on two concept art pictures, and on the Wallpaper -- those are the only images we have of her.

We have 4 images:

The posted fullbody concept art

The head shot

The wallpaper

and an image that was in EGM (I think) that shows another scene between the masked sith and Atris. It is a scene from the same confrontation that the wallpaper shows.

Now that the picture issue is resolved, let's speculate. I moved my above post here :D :D

Stuff that I've been able to make up at the top of my head as of yet, concerning Atris:

--Her name *may* be derived from the word 'Gloomy' or 'Unfortunate' in Latin; as well as 'Dark' or even 'Evil' ---really odd. Maybe there's a reason why even her real name seems to be 'confidential': *Nothing* has been confirmed about her yet; the only time a dev. pronounced her name was when Akari said, referring to the second screenshot that you're linking, that the lady in white on that in-game shot *isn't* ''Atris''.

--She may become the main character's Jedi Master

--She may be the former apprentice of the Jedi Master who turned to the Dark Side to become the game's most powerful Sith Lord; she may also be in another close past relationship to him.

--She may be the strongest Jedi survivor of the massacre

--She may die at the end of the game, or become kidnapped, or get lost -in emulation both with the SW films, and also in accordance with Avellone's assertion earlier, that in this game 'bad things happen to good people', and that the happier ending has a bitter taste to it.

--That we still haven't seen an in game shot of her, while she is the biggest celebrity of the game, is indeed a weird situation. Perhaps her role as an NPC will really be 'priviledged' -this corroborates the theory that she may be the main character's Jedi Master

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Atris does look very lovely in the concept art. She looks both nimble, deliberate, agile and demure, and strong without being over-buff as so many strong chicks become.

Perfect balance.

Now if she can only not be Bastilarrogant.

And if she's not a love interest in the game, I'm sure most of the fans waiting in anticipation will rise up in revolt, burning computer stores across the globe. :blink:

"You shall not pass!"

Now that the picture issue is resolved, let's speculate. I moved my above post here :D :D

Stuff that I've been able to make up at the top of my head as of yet, concerning Atris:

--Her name *may* be derived from the word 'Gloomy' or 'Unfortunate' in Latin; as well as 'Dark' or even 'Evil' ---really odd. Maybe there's a reason why even her real name seems to be 'confidential': *Nothing* has been confirmed about her yet; the only time a dev. pronounced her name was when Akari said, referring to the second screenshot that you're linking, that the lady in white on that in-game shot *isn't* ''Atris''.

--She may be the former apprentice of the Jedi Master who turned to the Dark Side to become the game's most powerful Sith Lord; she may also be in another close past relationship to him.

--She may die at the end of the game, or become kidnapped, or get lost -in emulation both with the SW films, and also in accordance with Avellone's assertion earlier, that in this game 'bad things happen to good people', and that the happier ending has a bitter taste to it.

--That we still haven't seen an in game shot of her, while she is the biggest celebrity of the game, is indeed a weird situation. Perhaps her role as an NPC will really be 'priviledged' -this corroborates the theory that she may be the main character's Jedi Master

You have not resolved anything! Where is it confirmed that the woman in the concept art is atris? You show me that then the issue will be resolved!

You have not resolved anything! Where is it confirmed that the woman in the concept art is atris? You show me that then the issue will be resolved!

No one can. A dev posted that it was Atris. The post was then removed.

Wait a sec. I'll conduct a search on the forums and find the quotes

Ok, thank you.

No one can. A dev posted that it was Atris. The post was then removed.

That could be cos it was a mistake and Atris was infact some1 else.

That could be cos it was a mistake and Atris was infact some1 else.

It's possible.

More likely, just like the "masked sith guy", it was meant to be press material and was removed.

That and I think the devs would tell us if we were off. Just like they did with the screenshot of the chick in white.

EDIT: and I doubt they got the name wrong of 1 of only 2 known characters at that time.

But it is possible that this is not Atris.

Also that would mean that we have 2 jedi that both dress in all white and who look similar. Dont you think that is strange?

EDIT: and I doubt they got the name wrong of 1 of only 2 known characters at that time.

Known to us u mean.