Oh man, I sooo want one of these...

Humodour

Could be useful when the next hail crysis arrives in Quebec.

*gets prepared for the inevitable days of no electricity*

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hah. Well I reckon it'd be darn handy for camping, power blackouts etc. Not to mention apocalypses.

BTW, I think you joined #obsid today, astr0creep? It's fairly inactive atm but you're welcome to join. I'll bother with enticing users once I've finished the IRC bot I'm working on (K-9).

interesting... i wonder what the temperature range for these cells is? given that they are "water activated" i'm guessing not too low, at least, probably somewhere around 0 C minimum, unless they've added electrolytes of some sort to drop the freezing point of the water.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

interesting... i wonder what the temperature range for these cells is? given that they are "water activated" i'm guessing not too low, at least, probably somewhere around 0 C minimum, unless they've added electrolytes of some sort to drop the freezing point of the water.

taks

Now if they could only finish the hydrogen powered motorcycles...

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

taks

Now if they could only finish the bombs-on-wheels.

:-

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

taks

Oh god, can you imagine the number of deaths the would occur? Hahahaha.

i'm more concerned with lightweight power supplies sufficient for operation at 80000-100000 feet AMSL. lithium ion does not work at those temperatures, so you end up with lithium sulfur dioxide (i think that's it) which is not rechargeable and really doesn't have a very good power density compared to lithium ion.

of course, i have rather strange requirements for even stranger reasons. :getlost:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

i'm more concerned with lightweight power supplies sufficient for operation at 80000-100000 feet AMSL. lithium ion does not work at those temperatures, so you end up with lithium sulfur dioxide (i think that's it) which is not rechargeable and really doesn't have a very good power density compared to lithium ion.

of course, i have rather strange requirements for even stranger reasons. >_<

taks

What, are you going for the X-prize or something?

I was thinking they might actually be safer for the rider. Might give motorists a bit more pause before they merge into that lane that oops had a motorcyclist in it.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

I was thinking they might actually be safer for the rider. Might give motorists a bit more pause before they merge into that lane that oops had a motorcyclist in it.

Yeah, but that'll still cause more deaths...

I'd prefer nuclear-powered cars. Much safer and energy-efficient.

Yeah, but that'll still cause more deaths...

I'd prefer nuclear-powered cars. Much safer and energy-efficient.

How exactly do you plan to shrink the fuel source to fit in a car without giving off lethal radiation?