Video Card woes

I am having a problem with the Graphics. The best way to describe it would be choppy, but only sometimes in only certain directions on levels.On Citadel Station it does it in the long hallways, and in all space craft it does where one direction will cause the game to chop and become unresponsive, but The Sith Academy on Korriban inside works like a dream?

any help

From your description of the problem, it sounds like your system can't handle KOTOR2 very well. Please post your system's specifications, so we can give you more specific help.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

From your description of the problem, it sounds like your system can't handle KOTOR2 very well. Please post your system's specifications, so we can give you more specific help.

Os MS xp SP2

Intel Celeron 2.4 Ghz

768 Ram

Diamond S9250 PCI 256 DDR video card

While your system isn't the best, I think it should be able to handle KOTOR2 just not without all the settings maxed out. Which KOTOR2 settings are you using?

Heja Sverige!!

While your system isn't the best, I think it should be able to handle KOTOR2 just not without all the settings maxed out. Which KOTOR2 settings are you using?

Thats the thing is it still does it no matter what texture I use, or if shadows and grass are on or off. I have tried the lowest settings and still does it.

Do you have AA and Anisotropy on, in your graphics control panel? If so, turn them off. If not, I'm all out of ideas...

Heja Sverige!!

Does this happen on the Dantooine grass?

dont know i havent been to dantooine yet but i can have textures high and grass and shadows on but it still does the same thing crisp clean gameplay in one direction but choppy in another. i think i have found something though, i noticed that sometimes the direction is towards where most of the drawing for the level is. it is the worst though on peragues in the fuel depot.

• 4 weeks later...

Os MS xp SP2

Intel Celeron 2.4 Ghz

768 Ram

Diamond S9250 PCI 256 DDR video card

I don't think that old PCI card can handle it. Go here and run the test on your system for Kotor2.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Well I know that a 9250 and a 9200se can both run K1 and K2 (i used both before my ATI X1300) but I used a res of 800x600 and i don't remember if i used low or med textures every thing else was off (frame buffer effects, grass and I think shadow was an option) by the way how old are your drivers. I really doubt they are that old but i have been wrong before.

Edited by mkg