I might be getting a new laptop

Pop

Go for an HP or Dell? I just got my Dell a week or so ago and it's great.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Quality is lenova and sony, performance is out of reach for most people. Dell and HP are somewhere in between. Make sure you get an intel processor. and a name brand GPU, not an integrated Intel Processor. Are you getting your Laptop with Vista or XP? How much you spend on your laptop might determine which you want.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Hmmm, I heard through the grapevine that Dells aren't the most long-lasting computers. But I could be wrong.

It may have changed since, but my last Dell lappy lasted 4.5 years. Good enough for me.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I would suggest a Sony Vaio of some kind. They have like a billion different models, in carbon fibre casings. Extremely nice, but costly.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...ategoryId=16154

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

In Sonys I only saw the option to get Intels integrated Graphic Media Processor. From my experience it stinks. I have an ATI X300 right now and it can actually play games just fine. Unlike my girlfriends newer laptop that can't play any graphical game it seems.

Im not sure how much your spending our what your planning to do with your laptop but brand wise HP and Dell are where you get the most bang for your buck with quality. Its not Lenova or Sony Quality granted but its still pretty good. My girlfriends dell has been through hell and back, and I can't believe it still works. Mine is even older, and still is hanging TUFF.

Myspace Website!

My rig

Sony has lots of different models, ranging from Intels crappy integrated graphics to high-end Nvidia cards AND they also have some systems with both: The Hybrid Graphics System! That means you can switch between one lowly Intel GPU when you want to preserve power and just surf or something, and when it's time for gaming you switch to the high-end part! Clever solution.

I also happen to think they're the most aesthetically pleasing laptops around at the moment..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

My father bought me this beauty for my birthday. It's not the best, but it really is convenient and powerful enough to play some of the latest games. I am planning on upgrading it's RAM memory though.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Sony_VAIO_FE41E_Core..._4_TFT__6631340

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Sony has lots of different models, ranging from Intels crappy integrated graphics to high-end Nvidia cards AND they also have some systems with both: The Hybrid Graphics System! That means you can switch between one lowly Intel GPU when you want to preserve power and just surf or something, and when it's time for gaming you switch to the high-end part! Clever solution.

I also happen to think they're the most aesthetically pleasing laptops around at the moment..

Cool Idea, 2 GPU's, the intel one would also probably help make the laptop last longer since it runs cooler then a higher end GPU does. Yeah Dell laptops don't go for aesthetics.

Myspace Website!

My rig

On the topic of laptops, my friendly recently purchased one and wants to TV-Out it to a widescreen HDTV, but claims he's getting blurry screens. Probably a resolution problem, right? Any suggestions on that front?

That one was a Dell by the way. It's in NZ so situation differs, but it was actually quite customisable; I tried to recommend one under his price range but still with a decent enough graphics card, it's crucial to get one (GeForce something) that isn't integrated so he actually has a shot at running games, even on Gamer Savings Time.

If there is money though, a Sony Vaio is always a nice choice on all fronts.

Can I suggest you just buy a waffle with cream and syrup?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.