What you did today

Walsingham

Guest The Architect

So you're saying you staying in the city keeps us Aussie tourists away from the country?

Wrong.

That's when the busiest time for Aussie tourists in the country is.

No Kiwi bogan to rape them. :shifty:

I'm packing and moving. I am bartering my work for a place to stay for 6 months so i don't have to pay $825 a month to the apt complex I'm living in right now. Rent is ridicules here, and the new manager is a royal pain. I was 10 days late with rent once because of tough times, first time i was late(after living there for 2 years) and BAM they charge me $300 in late and legal fees. They charged me a $300 fee to transfer to another apartment too. I want to get a house but im movign out of state in less then a year.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I'm packing and moving. I am bartering my work for a place to stay for 6 months so i don't have to pay $825 a month to the apt complex I'm living in right now. Rent is ridicules here, and the new manager is a royal pain. I was 10 days late with rent once because of tough times, first time i was late(after living there for 2 years) and BAM they charge me $300 in late and legal fees. They charged me a $300 fee to transfer to another apartment too. I want to get a house but im movign out of state in less then a year.

Ouch. It boils my blood sometimes when agents/landlords get like that. You may recall I got so mad after my last encounter that I volunteered my services as 'attack bastard' to the charity Shelter (who mediate in cases like this). If you deciude to open a can of whupass, go legal all the way. Visit your local council/city hall and get building regs. Search for violations. Report said violations, but bear in mind if you go too far you could render the building uninhabitable, leaving other residents with nowhere to live!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yesterday I drove my wife to the clinic because of a sinus infection.

With the baby, in the winter, in what they say was the biggest snowstorm in 60 years.

Took 4 hours.

Today I'm at work, 35 minutes late because in Montreal, when you rent an appartment, you can't have a parking space so you need to park in the streets... Where the snow plows dance all night.

Ouch. It boils my blood sometimes when agents/landlords get like that. You may recall I got so mad after my last encounter that I volunteered my services as 'attack bastard' to the charity Shelter (who mediate in cases like this). If you deciude to open a can of whupass, go legal all the way. Visit your local council/city hall and get building regs. Search for violations. Report said violations, but bear in mind if you go too far you could render the building uninhabitable, leaving other residents with nowhere to live!

Nearly forgot. Basic principle. NEVER pick a fight unless you know who you are fighting. You should always check the character and history of your opponent. It may be that in fact you could negotiate, tehir bad attitude is temporary, or they may be seriously nasty. In any event it's best to go in with open eyes.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They've lost 2 cases recent;y.

-For not giving security deposits back. That resulted in a court order to give all resident their security deposits back.

-For not letting a disabled man pay his rent 4 days late every time because thats when his disability comes. They even evicted him, then they lost the case.

Myspace Website!

My rig

Deserve those bastards right. There are a few **** landlords where I live and a few good and reasonable folks as well. When you go rent from someone you need to check up on their history and how well they treat their tenants. Of course I never expect to get my security deposit back anyway. I do a cursory clean before I leave but I figure the landlords and managers know the best places in town to do carpet cleaning and other detail work than I would.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Yesterday I drove my wife to the clinic because of a sinus infection.

With the baby, in the winter, in what they say was the biggest snowstorm in 60 years.

Took 4 hours.

Today I'm at work, 35 minutes late because in Montreal, when you rent an appartment, you can't have a parking space so you need to park in the streets... Where the snow plows dance all night.

We had about 8 inches of snow this morning. I surprisingly had work off, so when i came back i noticed my apt manager trying to move her car, she got it out after 30 minutes of shoveling. This is how far she has to move it.

post-12325-1197901476_thumb.jpg

Myspace Website!

My rig

We got snow too but nothing that couldnt be dealt with. Went to the company Christmas party Saturday night at a "tapas" style Spanish restaurant. First time Id been back to one in years since I was in Rio and the food was excellent. For those of you that may not know, tapas style dining is where you dont order anything at all, they just continuously bring out plates and plates of foods and you just take what you want, like a never ending sampler. Didnt get loaded even though there is always an open bar. I have a strict rule about getting bagged at a company event.

:aiee:

:blink:

:o

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Snow storm passed yesterday and blocked all the roads... so now I have no school today!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

They've lost 2 cases recent;y.

-For not giving security deposits back. That resulted in a court order to give all resident their security deposits back.

-For not letting a disabled man pay his rent 4 days late every time because thats when his disability comes. They even evicted him, then they lost the case.

They sound like proper bastards. I'd be inclined to nail them as suggested. Depends how vicious you are.

-Elwood Blues

Snow storm went through our area yesterday too. Spent about an hour trying to dig our neighbour out of his driveway after he got himself stuck. He tried to drive out through 1+ feet of snow with all season tires. Ended up sliding into the 3 foot tall snowbank on one side of his driveway. We eventually gave up on him. Just couldn't get any traction at all with those tires. Didn't help that the bottom inch of snow is actually ice from the freezing rain we got a month ago that I haven't been able to clear. He called CAA later in the evening. The tow truck managed to get him out of his driveway, but he still had no traction so ended up stuck spinning his tires in the middle of the road. Ended up pushing him back into the driveway and calling it a night.

Sounds like you poor sods are having a rare time, alright.

I had a shocker today. Really plum contract bid fell through. I bid right price, square centred on our skills, free time, five by five. It was like hitting a hard ball dead on, expecting it to soar across the boundary, and instead your bat snaps. :9 Very very glum.

-Elwood Blues

I just finished clearing the huge snowbanks at the end of 4different driveways thanks to the plow that came through a couple hours ago. The smallest bank was about 2.5'x3'x20'. Someone gave me double my normal rate just to clear the end of her driveway. Did an extra thorough job on her driveway for that. Also cleared the driveway of the neighbour who couldn't get out yesterday. Apparently he managed it this morning though. Hope he went to get some snow tires. I still have two more driveway to clear, but I think I'll be taking a short break first. I should have used the snowblower...

I'm sorry about your business deal Walsh. Please don't starve to death. :'(

I went to the mall, an activity I truly despise. I did however get 2 good pair of jeans which is better than the 1 pair I wear every day. Yeah I'm hardcore like that. I may look online for some shoes later today but that'd take a huge undertaking of commitment and stuff. But I'm off of school and as it's looking I'll hae 3 A's and 1 B. Not to shabby if I may say.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

If Wals starves to death, I call dibs on his moderator status!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If Wals starves to death, I call dibs on his moderator status!

Hey!

Leave go of my damn boots! I'm not dead yet.

-Elwood Blues

Leave go of my damn boots! I'm not dead yet.

Yeah right, anyone can claim that!

Sorry to hear about the business deal Walsh. No new hardware for Christmas? :sad:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sounds like you poor sods are having a rare time, alright.

I had a shocker today. Really plum contract bid fell through. I bid right price, square centred on our skills, free time, five by five. It was like hitting a hard ball dead on, expecting it to soar across the boundary, and instead your bat snaps. :9 Very very glum.

Sorry to hear that. It has happen to me once or thrice as well. Don't know what business you are in but I am sure there will be plenty of opportunity for another one down the road.

Oh, Tale. The boots are mine!

Here in Sweden we've had about - 15 degrees celsius and... well, not very much snow actually, but it sure is a couple of decimeters.

I spent this morning outside waiting for the bus to school and with that I nearly freezed to death - just to notice I'm late for class, since a mate of mine fooled me into believe that class started half an hour later that it should have. It didnt. I noticed.

Edited by Accept

Thanks for the votes of sympathy, gentlemen. C'est la guerre, as they say. But yes, I will no new hardware. The Christmas party last night would have been more sombre, but despite much reduced rations we had a fun time.

-Elwood Blues