NOVA: Intelligent Design On Trial

Deadly_Nightshade

Seen it. Quite good actually.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I also found it quite entertaining. Religion belongs in church and education of math and science belong in school. Sounds like common sense stuff but some people can get a little zealous on religion.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Good watch thanks!

I also thought the Irreducible Complexity theory had another logical error. Sure if you take pieces away it wouldn't work, but what if they were more pieces and evolution took away to make the whole more efficient?

To add logical arguments to the scientific battlefield is going all the way back to the ontological argument during the dark age with Anselm and Gaunilo.

All of this just to start a Wedge to create a future for religion into science. Its amazing how much some of the founding fathers had an impact as much as they did. Most of the country was Christian, and to be able to do what they did was remarkable.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I also found it quite entertaining. Religion belongs in church and education of math and science belong in school. Sounds like common sense stuff but some people can get a little zealous on religion.

I ha a religion class in College that was just fascinating, Comparative Religions, and I learned a lot about peoples root beliefs, struggles, differences and similarities. Teach it all you want, just not as science, but as humanities and philosophy. As for critical thinking, science takes a lot of that, and faith isn't a way to critically think, thus keep it out of sciences.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

^:lol:

WithTeeth, Comparative Religions studies is one of the most fascinating academic subjects I've studied. Granted, yours truly is not a theology major(world ethics might be yet more interesting), but I like to dabble in the studies. I think it is distressing how little discussion there is between different religions and it really shows how medieval we can still be. For example, only now does the Catholic church confess to their support of the WW2 fascist rule, not to mention open ways for relation between itself and Islam. It does not exactly give a good picture to an institution that preaches charity and forgiveness. Not that a lot of the protestant sects are a lot better, especially the more fringe you go.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, doing a study of comparitive religions I consider to be a part of sociology and anthropology.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Anyone who believes in ID should be forced to stare at me naked for one hour. That'd cure 'em.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.