I'm having problems with SonicStage...

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect

Does anyone have any idea as to why the SonicStage program needed to transfer downloaded music to my Sony mp3 player will not work? I've tried to open up the program, but "Cannot start SonicStage because the database is being used by another program or the database cannot be accessed for some other reason."

Continues coming up. I have no idea why. Any help as to what the problem may be and what I can do to fix it will be greatly appreciated, of course. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times already and that hasn't worked.

I'm sure my learned colleague meant to put this in C&C.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What? Shouldn't this be in Skeeter's you silly mod?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yes it should. Anyway, I used to use this program, but I've never had that error. I will say that even when it works, the program is so inherently horrible and terribly programmed that you'd be better off just getting rid of the damn thing and getting another music player. Thankfully, I found this out while I could still return it (I used the excuse "the software is incompatible with my sensory applications", by which I meant THE DAMN THING IS A PAIN).

EDIT: Although I have read somewhere that the program will sometimes not open correctly if iTunes is also installed on the same computer. I don't know why or even how that happens, but that's what I read. Maybe it helps.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Lets see how this poor thread likes it in Skeeters Junkyard :)

Sorry, not having an external mp3 player, I have no constructive input.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Guest The Architect

I knew all along this thread of mine belonged in this section. I was just testing the knack of the moderatorship here. You've failed me, Walsing. Haha, walsing. Walsing Matilda, walsing Matilda, you'll come a walsing matilda with me. Yeah I know, it's actually waltzing.

Yeah anyway, where was I?

Umm... so yeah, I now vouch for Pidesco to take Walsingham's place as a moderator here. After all, he was the one who "corrected" him. Little reference to The Shining there.

Anyhow, yeah, I'm just gonna do what you did, TrueNeutral. Take it back. Although I'm going to be less... diplomatic than you are when I let them know what I think of stupid SonicStage.

Not really. I don't care that much to do that.

For the record, I am a cretin.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Is SonicStage that lagmachine that freezes for two minutes every time you switch track?

Or that terrible useless music program that comes with cheap MP3's?

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Guest The Architect
For the record, I am a cretin.

You have congenital myxedema?

No, I don't think you're stupid, Walsing. Just misunderstood.

Yeah, I uninstalled that piece of crap SonicStage program. I'm taking back my mp3 player. It's a E00 model, and Sony, as I said. Tis indeed rather cheap.

I think I had abou two minutes of experience with that terrible program. For my dad's MP3.

Luckily mine could use the Windows Media Player's synchronise thingy-magig... so I basically forgot the program entirely.

WMP rocks.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

hahaha newbs i has ipod

...yea im gay >_<

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Umm... WMP does not, in any way, rock.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Guest The Architect

I agree with Pidesco. WMP is a douchebag.

Anyway, turns out the mp3 player isn't compatible with Vista. Yes, I realise how retarded it was of me to not ask that question before buying it, but I mean come on, you'd think that it'd say something about it in the instruction book or something. Yeah, invisible instruction book. In other words, it didn't come with one in the first place.

So that explains why the WMP synchronise thingamajig didn't work for me. What gets me though is, if the mp3 player isn't compatible with Vista {I was told it definitely isn't, though} then how come back in the day {but no longer} I was able to download some music on my brothers computer {which has... you guessed it, Vista}?

They couldn't answer that. They said that's weird and unheard of but it's definitely a Vista thing. So yeah, that's this story over and done with.