Mask o' the Betrayer!

Pop

Nice bug in MotB

I left from Mulsantir with full craving and spirit energy 100.

When I arrive at Sunken City I die

"This journey is brief enough to have little impact on your health"

lolwut :lol:

Anyway, is there fix for this?

Try using suppress before you go. I think someone also said that resting repeatedly in areas with friendly spirits would make your craving go down whilst eventually adding to you spirit level. If neither of those work then you might have to consider using the console commands http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/neverwintern...ayer/hints.html .

Nice bug in MotB

I left from Mulsantir with full craving and spirit energy 100.

When I arrive at Sunken City I die

"This journey is brief enough to have little impact on your health"

lolwut :lol:

Anyway, is there fix for this?

According to the official forums, some people have figured out that it's related to time. When you first arrive at Sunken City, it is day. So, be sure to leave for it during the day. Otherwise it makes you wait.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Take the sacrifice of xp, ye cheating little weasels!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You can't.

With the bug, when you lake shore area loads up you've SE of 0

Bleaargh im ded

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Playing good is much easier. In fact, now I find the game too easy. I only use Suppress and Eternal Rest and the craving stays the slowest...I understand the design concept but the presentation is as if it were punishing evil characters...

Which is theorycraft and bunk in practice. It's very easy to devour your way to success.

Playing good is much easier. In fact, now I find the game too easy. I only use Suppress and Eternal Rest and the craving stays the slowest...I understand the design concept but the presentation is as if it were punishing evil characters...

Which is theorycraft and bunk in practice. It's very easy to devour your way to success.

Do you mean the design concept working? For Devour option seems to get more materials while Eternal Rest keep craving lower.

D&D is very easy to exploit and I think it is still too easy for me even when restricting myself to Eternal Rest. I don't change the difficulty level only because I like to enjoy stories/NPCs. I finally managed to enter the last chapter but this is not struggle in the game but in my life to squeeze out of the gaming time. :blink:

No, it is counter balancing vast material benefits for being evil

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

What I'm saying is that it is not punishing evil players, it is indeed very easy to play evil.

No, it is counter balancing vast material benefits for being evil

What I'm saying is that it is not punishing evil players, it is indeed very easy to play evil.

Then, the design concept is working, I guess. It was just because I had come across so many people complaining of the fast craving when they play evil.

Edited by Wombat

The craving is intimidating at first. It's foreign and people don't know how to deal with it, they become scared of it and anxious.

The craving is intimidating at first. It's foreign and people don't know how to deal with it, they become scared of it and anxious.

Just like when they are losing their virginities. :)

Jokes aside, the system seems to be working properly, then. I guess Obsidian did a great job here. :blink:

Edited by Wombat

Though unlike KOTOR2, I think this one should be easily modable.

If Kevin or George has the will like David Gaider had for BG2, they could work together in modding this into the existing NWN2. Otherwise they could assist the possible interested modders by providing a complete documentation for the quest.

If it was going to take place in Act I (as it seems) that wouldn't yet be problem, however

• 2 weeks later...

Posted this on the Codex as well.

I just finished an evil playthrough, and got the 'ultimate evil' ending for the first time. I must say that it was extremely satisfying and empowering. I had not envisioned my character as a "do evil whenever she can" type. But it was satisfying to get the choice that she's been through so much crap, and *now*, in the end, she has tired of it and is taking this awesome power. A really nice "fall" (if one can call it that) to evil.

Mediocre as the NWN2 OC is, I still find a playthrough of NWN2 + MotB to be rather nice. I really felt like I bonded with my character.

I also love that I could essentially lie to Kaelyn all the way through, and then betray her by defending the City of Judgement. Muahahaha.

The City itself feels empty (like it's been pointed out), but I really like the fact that you can choose sides here. And Kelemvor was *still* angry with me, since I had Devoured Myrkul before. And of course he became furious when I decided to take the power for myself instead of simply ending the curse.

Safiya also attacked me at the very end, leaving only my character and One-of-Many.

There seems to be rather a lot of threads that lead up to the end and how it plays out exactly. I must say that I'm really impressed by this game, I really find it great.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

What kind of insane bluff checks does lying to Kaelyn have?

Seriously, I have something like 25-30 unbuffed bluff, +2 to it from being tiefling and maybe something from items, I don't know.

But I always fail, gaahh. I've heard lying to Kaelyn is great way to earn influence with her and OoM and I just can't do it.

Isn't sense motive a wisdom based class-skill for clerics?

Xard, I'm not sure what it takes to be frank, but I have never failed those checks with any of the two builds I've tried it with so far. Both have had either capped, or near capped Bluff which you also seem to have. But for one build I had Shadow thief of Amn levels which give bonuses to the social skills I think, and on my last playthrough I played a Warlock with Beguiling Influence. I also had that Finch's "something something" hat (not the Fine Chapeu, the better version) which you can buy at the Veil theatre.

And yes, it's a good way to gain influence with Kaelyn and One-of-Many. :)

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

So I finished it. Played the ending where you throw Akachi back to Rashemen and go on to live your life etc. and the one where you become Kelemvors biatch. Wasnt there supposed to be a third ending? Can you end the spirit-moochers curse and win the day at the same time?

...and there was no slideshow thingie for Hagboy.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Can you end the spirit-moochers curse and win the day at the same time?

Of course. You can also devour the curse completely and use it to become more powerful than the god.

Can you end the spirit-moochers curse and win the day at the same time?

Of course. You can also devour the curse completely and use it to become more powerful than the god.

Realli? How?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "