Nevewinter 2

Gorgon

Yeah, it's funky because they stop after taking 1 damage, but often they continue the animation, and the action bar on the bottom right is screwed with that so you never know when it's supposed to be done. Just persevere though, and try and keep them way back while rushing everyone else forward as fodder.

It worked, although I have shelfed the game again, no patience for 5 minuite loadtimes anymore. I found myself just playing on trying to reach an autosave because even the quicksave is an extremely lengthy affair. So I basically died with no saves anywhere near my progress point.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It worked, although I have shelfed the game again, no patience for 5 minuite loadtimes anymore. I found myself just playing on trying to reach an autosave because even the quicksave is an extremely lengthy affair. So I basically died with no saves anywhere near my progress point.

Seems like this game is a pain in the @#$... It kinda worries me... I haven't bought it yet, but I hope they will have most bugs fixed when I decide to do so...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

What bugs I have experienced with the latest patches and the installed expansion seems to be fixed by the few mods I have installed. The game is running great on my system.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

^I played that back in the day. IIRC, the best equipment was +3 stuff and and I had a paladin/mage (I want to say the level cap was 10/class) which in the vernacular of that day was referred to as a "Palm". If you were a cleric/mage it was know, cleverly enough, as a "Clam".

Seems like this game is a pain in the @#$... It kinda worries me... I haven't bought it yet, but I hope they will have most bugs fixed when I decide to do so...

Don't mind, Gorgon, he's just being a drama queen.

Incidentally, has anyone here played teh old skool Neverwinter Nights by AOL:

NeverwinterNightsAOL.gif

Wasn't that the first graphical MMO? Never played it, but I've heard of it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I found a fix to the load thing by simply turning everything down to ugly mode, I have enough texture memory and the game runs fine, but without the extra texture data loading every time you make an area transition I can actually load a game in under a minuite.

I made it to the final standoff and was off to fight the King of shadows when the game presented me with the first CDT and whats worse, during a cutscene, just wonderful. I suppose it could be to do with the setting changes I made, but i'm not hopeful.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Sounds to me he is using a sub-standard system. NWN2 plays fine on any average or better system.

My save times are ~5-8 secs

Load times ~10-15 secs

My system is not anything bleeding edge:

AMD64 x2 4200+

512meg DDR2 x2 dual channel

80gig SATA x2 RAID0

7600GT 256meg video

Win XP

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

My new laptop is a sony vaio pentium 4 dual core 1,66 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM, 100 Gb hard disk space, graphics card geforce 7400

Do you think I will be able to run NWN2 normally? How about Oblivion?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Sounds to me he is using a sub-standard system. NWN2 plays fine on any average or better system.

Load times ~10-15 secs

AMD64 x2 4200+

80gig SATA x2 RAID0

7600GT 256meg video

Win XP

Save and load times shouldn't be affected by anything other than HDD and system ram, since the HDD is obviously the bottleneck anyway. I have the same card with double the ram, and 1 gig system ram. I think 2 is recommended.

regardless 15 secs is way too long as well. I may have embelished time spent staring at load bars for effect.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

My new laptop is a sony vaio pentium 4 dual core 1,66 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM, 100 Gb hard disk space, graphics card geforce 7400

It'll probably run, but I'd guess it'll be pretty slow. NWN2 doesn't support mult-core (unless they've changed it) so you're basically running with one processor there. I was running on an Athlon 3000+ with an x1950 and it was still pretty sluggish in areas.

Now I have a nice new rig and it's like a different game, much more enjoyable...especially with the excellent AI tweaks and the party buffing rod (I'd recommend this to anyone, it rocks).

Load times ~10-15 secs

AMD64 x2 4200+

80gig SATA x2 RAID0

7600GT 256meg video

Win XP

Save and load times shouldn't be affected by anything other than HDD and system ram, since the HDD is obviously the bottleneck anyway. I have the same card with double the ram, and 1 gig system ram. I think 2 is recommended.

regardless 15 secs is way too long as well. I may have embelished time spent staring at load bars for effect.

I do have 1 gig system RAM... 512 x2 heh

That aside ~10-15sec isn't that bad, certainly no worse then Vampire:Bloodlines *shrugs*

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

NWN2? No.

Oblivion? On minimal settings.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

NWN2? No.

Oblivion? On minimal settings.

What's crazy is that NWN2 & Oblivion run almost twice as good just by disabling that bling-bling bloom lighting option.

manthing2.jpg

I like Bloom. He makes good movies. ;)

Oh, wrong Bloom. :blink:

I prefer HDR over Bloom.

I like Bloom. He makes good movies. ;)

Oh, wrong Bloom. :blink:

I prefer HDR over Bloom.

Bloom is a part of HDR.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

HDR is better than Bloom, except in LotR.