Dead Space

Morgoth

It doesn't look too scary actually, just creepy. The gameplay looks fun though, I lik ehow the "gun" is more for dismemberment (and you can switch between horizontal or vertical).

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It doesn't look too scary actually, just creepy. The gameplay looks fun though, I lik ehow the "gun" is more for dismemberment (and you can switch between horizontal or vertical).

I like their choice of weapons a lot because honestly most of them aren't traditional weapons and having to use only what you can find really makes the game more intense. It's a little odd that as you're running around a research laboratory in Doom or something there are just Flack jackets and extra clips sitting around..

Scary is only good when it's built-up scary and not jumpy scary. Like System Shock 2 = good, Doom 3 = bad.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

FEAR did a mix of both well enough.

This just looks really really dark.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It seems quite restrictive in movement.. Which is always annoying in these kind of games.

But really I like the fact that you could work on almost any surface!

Fortune favors the bald.

Claustrophobic environements can work well, and the zero G rooms are just what they are supposed to be: utterly confusing.

Well, damn. IIRC, the last time when Ellis' worked on a game was on Rage Software's Hostile Waters back in '01 and while the plot wasn't anything to tell home about, Hostile Waters was brimful of atmosphere thanks to it's very decent characters and the those little quips of lore that it offered in every mission. It had very solid writing and that was a saving factor for a game that slowly but surely became repetitive.

Of course, then there's TransMet and Nextwave, which are all the reason I need to be excited.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Bargain bin, here I come!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 1 month later...

Hands On @ IGN

An overall very positive preview.

"Being an entirely single-player experience, Dead Space has the kind of focus that is reminiscent of a game like Bioshock; the team is afforded the time to focus on a handful of key ideas and – at this stage – seemingly get them right, rather than water down the overall quality of the game with unnecessary or unfocussed co-op modes or multiplayer. It's a stance we applaud and we're as keen as you likely are to see if the campaign is truly as good as it's shaping up to be."

Although I'm still pissed they couldn't do it in First Person View, I'm nonetheless interested in this eerie, bloody Horror-Sci-Fi game. Hopefully it will stand out enough and doesn't suffocate under a brainless brawlfest experience a'la Resident Evil. Still, I like the setting more than the jolly-quirky-colorful parade that is Bioshock.

Probably will pick it up at release.

Edited by Morgoth