What should I play next?

Tale

Riot Act is pretty decent. It's hard, it's pretty long, but relies too much on the themes and problems set by the original game. The devs would have done well to look at what all the mods since the release of HL 2 have done, instead of sitting in their ivory tower the whole development period of 3 years(apparently). As it is, it's a nice distraction, but doesn't really stand against Ravenholm or Minerva for instance.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I ended up buying Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops over Amazon a few days ago. And now I find out we're about to get an expanded version. terrific

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have questions as to if someone even know what constitutes a "pure" shooter if they refer to anyone entry in Half-Life as such. The presence of puzzles in every iteration makes it more an FPS Action Adventure than a "pure" shooter. This to be compared with shooters such as Halo, Doom, Max Payne, Far Cry, Painkiller, and countless others where puzzles are wholly absent.

Though they're generally not complicated as some found in other Action Adventure titles such as God of War or Prince of Persia where you may end up encountering a literal jigsaw puzzle.

Edited by Tale

Half Life 2 bored me to tears.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I have questions as to if someone even know what constitutes a "pure" shooter if they refer to anyone entry in Half-Life as such. The presence of puzzles in every iteration makes it more an FPS Action Adventure than a "pure" shooter. This to be compared with shooters such as Halo, Doom, Max Payne, Far Cry, Painkiller, and countless others where puzzles are wholly absent.

Though they're generally not complicated as some found in other Action Adventure titles such as God of War or Prince of Persia where you may end up encountering a literal jigsaw puzzle.

It's certainly not a "pure" FPS, but it's more concentrated on fighting than anything else. In most instances, fighting was the key to moving on in the world. Sands of Time and its ilk would be puzzle action games, as it was less hacking things to bits than strategically jumping and wall-running that allowed for forward movement.

Personnally I think Halo is the only "pure" FPS (that I've actuall heard about), because it doesn't try to bring new stuff, or stuff from other games in it. You have guns. You have enemies. You shoot enemies. Simple as that.

No puzzles, no minigames (Bioshock style), no semi upgrades and RPG elements, just shooting. And if it innovates it's simply to give you more shooting options/more strategies to shoot stuff.

Of course, "pure" isn't necessarily "perfect" or "fun"...

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

• 1 month later...

Hit the bargain bins. Nothing quite like a bit of bargain bin action.

I think I need to get out more.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I always try to hit the bargain bins. Sadly, the only thing in bargain bins anymore is absolute trash. Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter!

Though, it's nice to wander around Fry's. That's how I found No One Lives Forever 2. They have Fallout 1 and 2. They have some old adventure games. Even copies of Psychonaughts still.

Play Ace combat 6.

Or Call of Duty.

Or Mass Effect.

Or Crysis.

Or any of the games in the Orange Box.

Or World in Conflict.

Or Bioshock.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal, Portal...

(Ad infinitum...)

:thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Oh right. Play Portal or you're queer, ok?

EDIT: Wait I don't have Portal... this sucks. :thumbsup:

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

EDIT: Wait I don't have Portal... this sucks. :)

And so he became gay, and discovered tolerance. And lived happily ever after.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I wish I was gay! Because then I could lust after Brad Pitt without feeling awkward.

EDIT: Wait I don't have Portal... this sucks. :)

And so he became gay, and discovered tolerance. And lived happily ever after.

I was joking...

Portal's best ever.

**** you haters

Anyway, I suggest (for everyone) that you play the turn-based experience of all time called simply "Pong"

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I wish I could play Arcanum next. No new ones on Amazon and all used copies are asking $50 for no box or manual with slightly worn discs.