pre-school

taks

<.>

At least the guy isn't in cali public schools... you get enough books that you have 2 choices, rolling luggage, or a backpack (with the breaking of your back as an added benefit.)

Just how much are we talking about here? My backpack was never lighter than 40 pounds throughout my high school career. Wasn't much lighter during elementary.

Mine was lighter during elementary but it just kept getting heavier. When it really hits you depends on the school, most schools will now have a class series of books so the students won't have to haul around so many books.

Oh and taks, prepare for the tests to see if the kid is ready for the test to see if the kid is ready for the test to see if the kid is ready for the SATs

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hm... I've had one year of college, six years of high school and eight years of elementary school... that makes fifteen years, and I'm nineteen. I guess that means I started elementary school when I was four. I know I've done at least a year of pre-school, so at the latest I started pre-school at 3. So do most kids in Holland I think.

However, our school system is radically different than yours I imagine. (For one thing, the heavy backpack problem doesn't start until high school here. All the elementary school books have to be supplied by the school!)

when i was in pre school i got in real big trouble because i built a tower of blocks and some other guy knocked it down then i grabbed a block and threw it right at his eye that was nothing to get in trouble about

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

Man, I can so imagine some gansta rapping that!

When i was in pre school/ i got in real big trouble / cuz i built tower of blocks / yo/ and some other guy knocked it down/ then i grabbed a block andthrewitrightathiseye (yo) /'n that was nothing to get in trouble about / yo

*with eerily similar tune to Prince of Bel-Air*

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Man, I can so imagine some gansta rapping that!

When i was in pre school i got in real big trouble / cuz i built tower of blocks / yo/ and some other guy knocked it down/ then i grabbed a block andthrewitrightathiseye (yo) /'n that was nothing to get in trouble about yo

WtF you talkin bout me

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

That must be one of the most overused "afroamerican lines" ever

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Oh and taks, prepare for the tests to see if the kid is ready for the test to see if the kid is ready for the test to see if the kid is ready for the SATs

i don't relish that... of course, i'm on record nearly everywhere stating that i think federal involvement in education is a joke. the massive testing they now must perform is part of that joke. even if john stays out of the public system, he'll still have to take the same tests. grrr.

i don't ever recall carrying a backpack to school, btw. john's got a bunch of stuff, a bag with a couple clothes changes, a lunchbox, a backpack... sheesh.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

(For one thing, the heavy backpack problem doesn't start until high school here. All the elementary school books have to be supplied by the school!)

I was exaggerating at little bit. It didn't start for me until grade seven which would have only been two years before I started high school. Up until that time we had all our classes in one room and could therefore just keep everything in our desks, except for pencils, because people were jerks and kept stealing mine. :sad:

all elementary and secondary books are supplied by the school here. sometimes you have homework, however. :)

taks

It's the same here. I just never used my locker. If it wasn't in my backpack, then I didn't need it.

all elementary and secondary books are supplied by the school here. sometimes you have homework, however. :lol:

taks

that's the norm, it's just when your carting around seven 6-9 lb books your back starts to complain.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

all elementary and secondary books are supplied by the school here. sometimes you have homework, however. :lol:

taks

by the time your son is in high school there probably won't be no textbooks anymore.

and Gromnir loves standardized tests. the the federal bell-curve were invented so that we coulds stomp on our peers and embarrass our teachers. if meaning o' life were filling in the correct bubbles with a number 2 pencil, then Gromnir would be king o' the world.

oh, and just so that we is all clear, Gromnir acknowledges that our preternatural ability to bust standardized tests is pretty much proof that they is worthless.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)