Latest Bin Laden tape

Walsingham

"A new al Qaeda tape is circulating; a sort of montage honoring the "fallen martyrs" of the Afghan war. Within the tape is a 50-second clip of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden discussing his thoughts on the subject.

The tape was first released July 14, but now news commentators aplenty are citing the video as proof of al Qaeda's strength in general, and of bin Laden's vitality in particular. However, judging from the camera angle, the clothing and what appears in the video's background, the tape is more than five years old and was filmed on the same reel used to assemble a video released in May 2002. "

Quote from Stratfor report.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Bin Ladin and Paris Hilton should join forces when it comes making new tapes. I think they could be rather interesting.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I know exactly where Bin Laden is. He is working in a 7-11 on Lyons Rd and Cypress Creek Rd in Ft. Lauderdale.

Actually this guy does look exactly like Bin Laden (white streak in the beard and all) and he has a real sense of humor about it. He has a wanted poster with Bin Ladens name and HIS picture on his cash register. He is even wearing the camo jacket at headress in the picture. He is a pretty nice guy, I've got to get a piture of him next time I stop there.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

GD, I'd laugh if your guy *really* is Bin Laden. HAHA!

Especially since he is worth 25 million dollars!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Bin Ladin and Paris Hilton should join forces when it comes making new tapes. I think they could be rather interesting.

their child could be named Nice Bin Laden-Hilton.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

somebody just get a bunch of psychics and bomb the guy already....

oh thats very unchristian sounding of me, i must apologise.

but still, he plays a dangerous game called politics, that and he is an extremist the two generally dont mix to well.

both faiths have issues about killing, and afaik neither of them say who you must not kill.

violence is never an answer and murdering all in the name of god is just not going to get you any points in the afterlife......

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

Wait, we're playing for points?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's quite clear in my opinion that Zawahiri has taken over completely. There's none of Bin Laden's input into the recent pronouncements.

What puzzles me is why Al Qaeda won't say he's dead. Surely this would assure him martyrdom status?

-Elwood Blues

What puzzles me is why Al Qaeda won't say he's dead. Surely this would assure him martyrdom status?

Why have just another martyr when you can have a myth? I imagine that if he is dead, the body has been very carefully destroyed. There'll never be any evidence of his death, so he'll never be dead.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It's quite clear in my opinion that Zawahiri has taken over completely. There's none of Bin Laden's input into the recent pronouncements.

He is little more the a figure head but that may still be very important to their cause. I read somehwere that the King Charles the II who was King of Spain AND Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire was dead for a year before word got out. His strength of personality was so great they feared without it (and a stong successor) the two kingdoms would break apart. And did obviously.

I could see two reasons why the US would want to keep it secret if he died. One, the hierarchy would become indepenant if they knew. Two, US support for the war might wane and it would definitely not be over if he were dead.

Thomas Sowell