1 year from now ?????

dustin19

next gen system that will be the best at next years E3  

25 members have voted

1. 1. choose what you think and y ???

• XBOX360
    • WII
    • PLASTATION 3

i think the best at next years e3 will b the 360 becuase it has great exclusive title coming out that will push past its rival consules !!

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

Are these threads allowed here?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Sure. We can all warm our hands by the radioactive glow that will be this thread a few posts down the line. I'm looking to buy an xbox 360 someday. Another year, if I can judge by how long it took me to buy an xbox.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Well, console war threads allowed or not I'm just going to sit and watch. I won't reveal what I voted for nor why for fear of either laying the dried brush or striking the match.

y wouldnt it b allowed ??? it under computer and CONSOLE !!

Because these threads inevitably end in flames, and the Mods don't like putting out fires... :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Because these threads inevitably end in flames, and the Mods don't like putting out fires... :thumbsup:

o well sry if it aint allowed :[ didnt no ?!?!?!

o well sry if it aint allowed :[ didnt no ?!?!?!

They're allowed, it's just that they often end in oblivion... :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Speaking of which, I think you can play that on the xbox 360. Oblivion.

thx thats another great game they have !! does ps3 have that not sure ???

Speaking of which, I think you can play that on the xbox 360. Oblivion.

thx thats another great game they have !! does ps3 have that not sure ???

Yes, PS3 has it.

...does ps3 have that not sure ???

Yes, the PS3 has Oblivion. However, you must remember that there is a major bug* that cannot be fixed on the X-Box and PS3 once you get the expansion.

*When they released the 1.2 patch Bethesda decided to change the value of "iShadowMapResolution," something that can be found in the Oblivion.ini file, to the new default value of 256. This caused a large number of nVidia card users -including x-box and PS3 users who use nVidia chipsets- to start experiencing random but consistent lockups of their machines; There are many reports of machines that had been stable for a year, but now easily lockup with the 1.2 patch. The lockup manifests itself as such: Randomly but consistently, WHEN ACTIVATING A DOOR, your entire screen will go black and you will hear looping sounds. Your machine is hard-locked at this point, no mouse or key combinations work, and your only option is to reset your PC.

This problem occurs for people that are using the latest nVidia drivers for XP as dictated by Bethesda in their README for the 1.2 patch.

For some unknown reason, third party hacked nVidia 8xxx series drivers appear to prevent machines from locking up. Non-Bethesda affiliated message board users have started telling other users to install these unsupported drivers on their machines to fix the issue. However, setting this value back to the original default value of 1024 (from when the game first shipped) allows the game to run stable under the last official drivers released by nVidia (93.71) for XP. Only Bethesda can explain why this value was changed to 256 with the 1.2 patch, and they have not done so at the time of this posting. Also, while I do not claim that setting this value to 1024 won't cause other anomalies with the 1.2 patch down the road, I do state that it will stop this specific type of lockup from occurring. There is no need to install unsupported drivers at this time.

-Hurlshot

I believe that they're making a Wii version.
Edited by Tale

wi doesnt really try to have so called great graphics. well it does but not in the sense im thinking. the great thing about nintendo is that they use such cartoony characters that they can pull a lack of graphics off. but i like the wii. it looks so bubbly and 3d

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

its lots of fun. i likehow u can create little whatever their called... um those little thingys made to look like you. yeah those are great. its creepy when you pick them up and they just squiggle hehe. if only you could play 64 games on them...

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

yayayay!!!

idont actually have one but i play my friends enough that i practically do!

Edited by seejai

It's kinda neat how all three of these systems offer very different experiences. I wouldn't even say the Wii is in competition with the other two, it's taking family entertainment to an entirely new level. I'd probably vote for it if my child was older.

Between the PS3 and the 360, I think the 360 will rule the next year. But it always takes a new platform at least a year to really establish a good game library, and the PS3 might come on strong by the end of 2008.