Trouble with HK50s on Nar Shadaa

Hi all - long timer KOTORer, first time poster. I recently re-installed TSL with the ambition of getting HK-47 rebuilt as quickly as possible to really enjoy his character throughout the game. I've collected all the parts but his Chassis and went to Nar Shadda to get it from the HKs that confront the little droid in Vogga's warehouse.

Well, after the 3 HKs shoot down the protocol droid, they don't interact with my little droid. I can click the "converse/talking head" butotn on them and it will sort of advance the scene, but there is no dialogue/interaction.

This is my first ever time experiencing this problem, but obviously without killing them I don't think I can rebuild HK47. Any ideas if this is a glitch or am I facing inevitable "you shoulda saved before hand" option?

Thanks so much.

Sounds like a glitch and a 'You should have saved moment', but this is the first time I've heard of this particular problem.

First, are you running any mods? if the answer is yes they could be whats screwing things up.

Second, check to see if there is an autosave from before the mission. Since this part of the game switches between different locations and characters odds are fairly good that there is a save game from before the T-3 mission.

I'm going to add this about HK-47, but its a spoiler so you might not want to read it yet;

HK-47's story line with the HK-50's isn't finished-it was cut content. If you want to find out and play that part of the game you'll have to wait until the Restoration project is finished.

Sounds like a glitch and a 'You should have saved moment', but this is the first time I've heard of this particular problem.

First, are you running any mods? if the answer is yes they could be whats screwing things up.

Second, check to see if there is an autosave from before the mission. Since this part of the game switches between different locations and characters odds are fairly good that there is a save game from before the T-3 mission.

I'm going to add this about HK-47, but its a spoiler so you might not want to read it yet;

HK-47's story line with the HK-50's isn't finished-it was cut content. If you want to find out and play that part of the game you'll have to wait until the Restoration project is finished.

Thanks for the note. As mentioned in my first post, I've played the game several times and know about the cut content, I just like having HK in my party. I'm not running any mods. I have tried the autosave from just before it once and got the same result, guess I'm just f*cked.

Try reinstalling the game-unless you tell it to its won't get rid of the save games. Failing that there is a save game editing program you can get and use which might allow you to solve the problem. I'd give you more information about it, but I've never used it myself.

• 3 months later...
Hi all - long timer KOTORer, first time poster. I recently re-installed TSL with the ambition of getting HK-47 rebuilt as quickly as possible to really enjoy his character throughout the game. I've collected all the parts but his Chassis and went to Nar Shadda to get it from the HKs that confront the little droid in Vogga's warehouse.

Well, after the 3 HKs shoot down the protocol droid, they don't interact with my little droid. I can click the "converse/talking head" butotn on them and it will sort of advance the scene, but there is no dialogue/interaction.

This is my first ever time experiencing this problem, but obviously without killing them I don't think I can rebuild HK47. Any ideas if this is a glitch or am I facing inevitable "you shoulda saved before hand" option?

Thanks so much.

Hi

You are not alone - I got that exact same thing too but didn't realise what it meant at the time. They just completely ignored me and I was convinced they were all going to try and fry me, but they just stood there! I too am now stuck not being able to get the droid chassis but I am so much further along in the game (my first time) that I can't face going all the way back to that point. I guess I'll just have to give up on that quest - how annoying!

Good luck :rolleyes:

While your at it add the hk assination rifle, It gits at critical range of 15-20 when you add a pinpoint scope and sniper shot can bring it down to atleast 14-20.

Edited by ghosta

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

interesting trivia, howbeit nearly impossible to do but It is quite possible to get Hk-47 before that scene.

It does deal with the Random loot generator and plenty of planet hopping. SO it is "safer" to do it the traditionial way to get him.

You can still complete the game with a pre 3 Hk-50 nar sadda scene hk-47.

interesting trivia, howbeit nearly impossible to do but It is quite possible to get Hk-47 before that scene.

It does deal with the Random loot generator and plenty of planet hopping. SO it is "safer" to do it the traditionial way to get him.

I don't think the game will spawn the HK-47 parts at random, much like the saber parts you need to construct your first saber in the game. You might find these items available at different points in the game, but they are always specific tasks/people where you will always find them and if you've forgotten to pick them up (unless you are given them).

I don't think the game will spawn the HK-47 parts at random, much like the saber parts you need to construct your first saber in the game. You might find these items available at different points in the game, but they are always specific tasks/people where you will always find them and if you've forgotten to pick them up (unless you are given them).

Well I don't know how I did it but I remember using Hk-47 on Goto's Ship with Kreia. I was planet hopping also.