Planescape: Torment

If its a WinXP problem, right click the game icon, click the Compatibility tab and select run in Win 95 or Win98.

I've NEVER had that damned function make a game play when it wouldn't before.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If its a WinXP problem, right click the game icon, click the Compatibility tab and select run in Win 95 or Win98.

I've NEVER had that damned function make a game play when it wouldn't before.

Same here. In fact it always seemed to make things worse.

to fishdogg: Are you running the 2 cd version of Torment, or the 4 cd version. If it's the 2 cd version, did you patch it? Because the 2 cd is already patched, and applying the patch again causes problems.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Thanks for the many repies. I made a mistake. I forgot i loaded windows 2002 xp with service pack 2. Yes I'm using the 2 CD version. I went through for now going on 4 days through google and such trying to find an answer. But no one says anything just about the 4 disks version. It plays perfectly on wondows 2002 xp until I get to leaving the mortuary. Once I get to the mortuary it crashes and says Microsoft c++ runtime error. When the movie is about to play.

I also loaded the game to my other computer that is windows 2000 service pack 2 and the same thing happened plays perfect until I get to where I have to leave the mortuary.

I'm really at a loss I can't figure it out. I tried the compalability changes/window sizes/32 bit to 16 bit/ colors change/messing with the torment ini. files/cache and temp folders I deleted the stuff in it but the the game almost makes it out of the mortuary halfway loads then crashes to desktop.

Just it's been my favorite game of all times and I can't get it to work. Just got a craving to replay it.

Favorite character of all time in any game is dakkon. Not like I'm a gith lover or anything lol. But whoever did the voice or that character sounded perfect along with the picture. "Through the teachings of zerthimon I have become stronger My blade has changed."

If anyone knows a solution to this problem please I would love to know.

Favorite character of all time in any game is dakkon. Not like I'm a gith lover or anything lol.

You say that, but I bet you fantasize about fondling a Gith.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

LOL that was a good one.

I know. I'm awesome and brilliant aren't I?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: