NHL

SteveThaiBinh

Wow, I've always known Jagr had world class talent, but I didn't expect him to spit teeth on to the bench and go right back on the ice. I'm pretty sure those years in DC where folks questioned his commitment are now officially left behind.

Woohoo, Setoguchi scored 2 goals in his debut. Hopefully he can be the new Cheechoo for Thornton.

What's your opinion on this 'Gagner could be the franchise' talk, alan?

Also, welcome back.

I could see Gagner has being a player to build the team around. He's still a bit small, but so was old school #99. Not that Gagner is the next Gretzky, but Gagner definitely seems to have hockey sense beyond his years. His anticipation and ability to read the play seems pretty good for an 18 year old playing against men.

I'm excited to see where his career takes him. Hopefully it's donning the Oil Drop because I think he's going to be a special player.

Edited by alanschu

I'm hating Detroit less now that Hasek is hurt again. But ****! Matt Greene is out! That means that we have two NHL established defencemen in our active lineup. Steve Staios and tricky d-icky Tarnstrom. People are scapegoating number 23 for his inability to battle that Fillipa kid on the winning goal (with 24 seconds left :brows: ), but the replays show four other Oilers watching as Detroit skated unmolested into our zone.

Part of me is glad to have been working tonight and not shelling out another 13 dollars for a PPV loss. Then again, losing by a goal to the hottest team in the league at the moment isn't so bad, I guess. I'd kill to have the tandem of Lidstrom and Rafalski as the anchor on Edmontons' blue line.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Wow, I'm really suprised at how ****ty some of hockey pool players are doing. Whatever happened to the skills of Patrick Elias? Was Cheechoo a two season wonder? How can Paddy Marleau have four points in twelve games?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Oh that has to hurt. Montreal (Kovalev) scores on a powerplay while Briere (who has been booed all night) was in the box for tripping. The crowd just exploded when that shot went in. Probably would have been nicer had Briere's stick actually touched the player he was called for the trip on. :sorcerer:

EDIT: And they follow it up with a 3-on-1 short handed goal. :)

EDIT2: Aw, Hamrlik missed on the penalty shot. :sad:

EDIT3: And Knuble saves the Flyers from two straight short handed goals. :sad:

Edited by Deraldin

Anybody who has Zetterberg is insanely giddy though!

Yup, two goals again tonight. He just tied a club record for point streak from the beginning of a season. When will this guy slow down?

Someone needs to stop him. He's just getting way too many points. He's going along at 1.85 points per game. :sorcerer:

I can now go back to Uni tomorrow and smack around the Leafs fan who doubted Alfredsson. "Oh, Antropov is so good. He's got more goals than anyone on the Senators!" Not anymore he doesn't. Thanks to the schedule though it looks like it'll be another couple games before Alfredsson can top Sundin's points though.

I remember the discussions on the hf boards when Detroit resigned Zetterberg to some contract worth 3+ million per year.. "Oh, he's not worth that much. How much has he scored? 58 points? Totally overpaid!!". I'm guessing they're silent now.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I can now go back to Uni tomorrow and smack around the Leafs fan who doubted Alfredsson. "Oh, Antropov is so good. He's got more goals than anyone on the Senators!" Not anymore he doesn't. Thanks to the schedule though it looks like it'll be another couple games before Alfredsson can top Sundin's points though.

Oh, man, I forgot about how good Sundin and Alfie are playing (Alfie is the MVP of my fantasy team so far). The Swedes are ripping up the NHL so far.

Came out of my Roman History class to hear over the radio that the Senators have locked up Spezza for 7 years at $49 million and TSN seems to have the news.

That seems like a pretty solid deal. He's a proven scorer and he's young enough to continue improving. 7 years seems like a lot, but this deal will probably look great in 3-4 years when top talent is making $10 mill a season.

Huh, I'm a necromancer, does that mean I should resurrect dead threads?

^I dunno, but I'm liking it. First time this season I've had a Saturday off and been able to watch an entire game. Why can't the Leafs and Toskala play that well consistently?

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

^I dunno, but I'm liking it. First time this season I've had a Saturday off and been able to watch an entire game. Why can't the Leafs and Toskala play that well consistently?

Bah. It's not so bad right now because there were two Montreal games on TSN this week (or was one last week?). But usually the only time I get to see Montreal play is when they face the Leafs on a Saturday and they always seem to lose those games. :)

I just realized Ottawa is 11-1-0.

And with Atlantas' comeback victory tonight Edmonton now shares the distinction of being tied for last place in the league. But on the plus side, Fernando Pisani seems to be taking small steps on the road to recovery, which is always positive. Actually Edmonton had plenty of momentum last night, just no goals. And another defenceman was injured. Two minutes into the game. And not a 'hey I'll be back next week' type injury either. That's how the wheel spins, sometimes.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I just realized Ottawa is 11-1-0.

And with Atlantas' comeback victory tonight Edmonton now shares the distinction of being tied for last place in the league. But on the plus side, Fernando Pisani seems to be taking small steps on the road to recovery, which is always positive. Actually Edmonton had plenty of momentum last night, just no goals. And another defenceman was injured. Two minutes into the game. And not a 'hey I'll be back next week' type injury either. That's how the wheel spins, sometimes.

What is it with Edmonton and defensemen injuries this season? :thumbsup:

And my Leafs keep mixing really bad games with really good games.. with no logic whatsoever behind them. Sometimes they make me think they have what it takes to make the play-offs.. and then they have a few games so bad it makes me think I want to give up hockey altogether.

Impressive win last night at least.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!