RPG System of choice

Darque

What is your RPG system of choice these days?

I'm currently in the middle of the Unisystem (Witchcraft, Buffy, All Flesh Must be Eaten, Armageddon)

How about the rest of you? :devil:

The Stoytelling System, as I'm writing a big campaing for 4 friends these days. I find it's the easiest system for relatively new players to learn, while at the same time taking a longer time before you can powerplay it.

Or the D&D 3.5 rule system - it's versatile and tested, meaning you can play a very wide variaty of settings in it. It has a big drawback imo though - as it's very thourough rules tend to make players less innovative in their roleplaying - and more focused on rules and stats.

Fortune favors the bald.

My playgroup is using the storytelling system almost exclusively. It suits our style of playing almost flawlessly (although we do have some issues with how healing works in the latest iteration, but that is rarely an issue). We even use it for other setting than the ones WW produce. It's flexible enough to work in pretty much any setting as long as you change some of the skills.

At the moment, my group is playing a lot of Dogs in the Vineyard. It's an amazing system for anyone who likes the narrativist style of play. Recently, we've been playing a lot of those and most of our group really likes them.

We've also played Primetime Adventures and My Life With Master, which are in a similar vein, but much more focused. I highly recommend both.

~ Mike Stout

d3banner.jpg

When we actually play, we play DnD 3.5. I wish I could get a local group going, but it's not in the cards, I'm afraid. All my players live in various area across the country.

I'd also like to get a good Paranoia campaign going, but that's even harder with the folks in my circle.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

My group plays the d20 System. It is very versitile and lets me pull material from all sorts of places to build my world.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

See, that's my problem, Vol. I don't play anything. I used to run a campaign between Las Vegas and Loma Linda. I'm just plain not willing to invest the time to travel to play. It would be fun if we were all within 15-20 miles of one another.

As far as my favorite system, I'd have to say the only reason we play DnD is because it's familiar and we've all been playing it for years. Something close to three decades for me.

As far as the most intriguing system and one I would love to play more often (at all really, at this point) is Call of Cthulu. Tons of fun, but it requires real PnP gamers.

The reason I cited Paranoia is that it's a great beer and pretzels game that even a novice can enjoy. The game isn't meant to be hardcore. It's meant to be goofy and funny. If you're experienced, you can make the game fun for just about anybody.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"As far as my favorite system, I'd have to say the only reason we play DnD is because it's familiar and we've all been playing it for years."

Do you mena 'we' as in us or 'we' as in your group? If the former, I take offense (well, a smuch as offense as I take anything); because I play D&D because I like, and I'm familiar with it because I like it and decide to play it a lot.

Much like I play basketabll a lot and therefore more familiar to it becuase I like it; not the other way round.

P.S. If it's the latter, I ranted for nothing.

R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

See, that's my problem, Vol. I don't play anything. I used to run a campaign between Las Vegas and Loma Linda. I'm just plain not willing to invest the time to travel to play. It would be fun if we were all within 15-20 miles of one another.

Stop your whining. Half my playgroup is moving to South Korea in three months, including out most experienced and willing GM. At least you guys are on the same continent. :yes:

You ranted for nothing. haha

Anyhow, I'm sorry that you're losing your players to South Korea, Spider. Great folks, the South Koreans, so maybe your friends will be able to get a group going. :Cant's ****-eating grin icon:

Obsidian Plays

My group isn't so picky. We have people join, then people leave, then more people join, then more people leave. Of the original gaming group I had back when I first came to Ames only myself and one other have consistantly been in the group.

I have only had to thrown out one person the entire time, and it was a group concensus.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

The first version of D&D and Advance Dungeons and Dragons.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Yeha, i was jerk when I threw the elf PC's cat in the toilet. I deserved the boot. Sorry for the toruble I caused.

That wasn't a cat and that wasn't a toilet. ;)

Well, tonight we are starting a Eberron campaign with the starting point being in Sharn. Should be entertaining.

I'm also a sucker for cyberpunk/transhuman stuff...

What is no suprise, knowing what kind of avatar you asked for :*

PS: you better save it now on your own PC and maybe at the Obsid archieves, because i had to format my hard disk thus the original is not aviable anymore in the case something happens and you would need it

IB1OsQq.png

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, definetly.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, definetly.

I concur with my learned colleague, the scumsucking arch heretic.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

On this our minds are not in conflict, bonded one.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds