Are there no end to the bugs with this game?

I have just finished Telos and boarded the Ebon Hawk, now there is a black out. I can't see a darn thing, I can here my footsteps and the ambient noise from the Hawk, but the screen is completely black except for my mouse cursor. The map is completely white, so there is now way to get to the galaxy map and travel anywhere! My PC exceeds the game requirements in every respect and I have the latest updates. I have to say that this is the most bug-ridden game I have ever played. Is there anyone who can help? or should I just give up and get an XBox?

There are no end to the bugs, otherwise the TSLRP would have a release date

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Perhaps actually listing your computer specs and hardware would help? :brows:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've had the problem that the OP is talking about happen to me before. IIRC everything still worked despite the screen being all black so you could just back up and zone out of the hawk. The problem seemed to go away for me when transitioning between areas or reloading an area.

The black screen of death I had to start a new game. That's the only major issue I encountered with Kotor 2.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Guest Accept

Actually... the only bug i've detected in KotOR II is the one with the Swoop Racing on Telos.

I didn't get a single credit, even do i had beaten the best time... :sad:

But except from that i've never noticed a single one, and for that i'm happy. :ermm:

Edited by Accept

I had a simular bug before but after about 15 secands the game would close down with an error. I louded my game in KSE and it turned out my PC had no appaerence selected. I solved the issue by selecting one of the unmodded heads and bodys. After that the game returned to it's normal function.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

I SOLVED MY OWN PROBLEM..no thanks to you guys.

I tried to fight the Handmaidens, but gave up after failing to best all of them. For whatever reason, Kriea and Atton were no longer in my party and the Party Selection screen would let me add them. So, when I boarded the Hawk, I think the game could reconcile the fact that the next cut scene cointain both of those characters and glitched. I restarted the Secret Academy, did not fight the handmaidens and was able to proceed unfettered.

May the force be with me...forget you.