Eidos Montreal working on a new Deus Ex game

I like to pretend that the franchise will mirror the Highlander films, where the first is a classic, the second is

not even worth mentioning

and the third is just a very well produced re-hash of the essential ingredients of the first, with a tiny concession to the plot (otherwise it would just be a remake).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I am not sure about these news. On one hand, it is nice that someone wants to continue one of my favorite franchises. But on the other hand, the sequel was inferior in almost every way to the first one, and adding a studio with unknown amount of persons involved the previous ones doesn't help either.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Its kind of like Bethesda doing Fallout... almost. I hope it is as good as the original. The universal ammo thingie in the second one didn't bother me too much but it was a bit too universal. I can see nanofluidic ammunition being used in ballistic weaponry if the nanite solution has that ballistic type programmed into them. You could have tons of nanfluidic ammo but if they don't have the program to produce the ammo for that high powered rifle you are carrying then you are SOL.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I like to pretend that the franchise will mirror the Highlander films, where the first is a classic, the second is

not even worth mentioning

and the third is just a very well produced re-hash of the essential ingredients of the first, with a tiny concession to the plot (otherwise it would just be a remake).

And the fourth and fifth installments are so bad that even acknowledging their existence is a painful experience and punishable by death in some countries.

"There can be only one" indeed.

Fourth and fifth movie had Adrian Paul's character in it, and was prety much the main character. Christopher Lambert's character is killed off in the fourth movie.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

There was a fourth and fifth? I knew they made a series, which was kinda silly ...

Take that back! The series was awesome! I watched it religiously.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hmm, this is somewhat interesting, though I'm not getting my hopes too high until we receive more info about the game. Anyway, what I'd personally like to see would be a prequel to the original Deus Ex, possibly with the focus on Paul, rather than a continuation of Invisible War's screwed up streamlined

Of course it's difficult to not see Warren Spector at the helm of the next DX, but I'll keep an eye out and hope for the best. I was disappointed at IW's lack of consequences to your actions, but I didn't have any real issues with the gameplay.

If you kept completing missions from one faction then the other factions would go ballistic on you.

Actually they'd just sit on their collective asses threatening you with repercussions. At one point in the game they'd also send a couple of goons to put you out of your misery but that's basically all there was to it. Amusingly, regardless of whatever you did against a faction or the severity of certain actions against them, they'd still keep trying to recruit you.

The Highlander was "good television" in a Beastmaster-on-the-WB kind of way, or a Sci-Fi-non-BSG-original-series kind of way, which is to say, it wasn't good television at all, but exceedingly cheap, poorly written fantasy/sci-fi with a pretty protagonist without acting talent.

I knew a guy who lived in a house full of Highlander freaks and they made me watched a few episodes, where they introduced the cabal of mortals who kept track of the Immortals? It was absolutely, irrevocably bad.

The Highlander was "good television" in a Beastmaster-on-the-WB kind of way, or a Sci-Fi-non-BSG-original-series kind of way, which is to say, it wasn't good television at all, but exceedingly cheap, poorly written fantasy/sci-fi with a pretty protagonist without acting talent.

I knew a guy who lived in a house full of Highlander freaks and they made me watched a few episodes, where they introduced the cabal of mortals who kept track of the Immortals? It was absolutely, irrevocably bad.

It was awesome! Awesome, I say!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Of course it's difficult to not see Warren Spector at the helm of the next DX, but I'll keep an eye out and hope for the best. I was disappointed at IW's lack of consequences to your actions, but I didn't have any real issues with the gameplay.

If you kept completing missions from one faction then the other factions would go ballistic on you.

Actually they'd just sit on their collective asses threatening you with repercussions. At one point in the game they'd also send a couple of goons to put you out of your misery but that's basically all there was to it. Amusingly, regardless of whatever you did against a faction or the severity of certain actions against them, they'd still keep trying to recruit you.

But that's the genius of the super-intelligent forces behind everything! Never give up! Always try to win by recruiting your biggest opponent!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Um... I liked Beastmaster. :(

Deus Ex 1 = awesome

Deus Ex 2 = balls

i stuck with the pistol for pretty much the entirety of the second game. everything else just used too much bloody ammo

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

*waits for Thief 4*

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds