lets try this again, shall we?

would you kill anakin because of what he would do as Vader?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. would you kill anakin as a child so he wouldnt kill as Darth Vader?

• yes
    • no
    • yes, but only so i dont have to watch Hayden christensen's acting

Argh, all this grammatically incorrect spelling and sentences are irritating! :p

tehehe you may want to take another look at your post when you say that :teehee:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Has anyone seen the movie 'The Last Supper'?

If no, a group of intellectuals (soprt of, they're really just American college students or something... :* unimportant) randomly select people to have over for supper (hence the title) they ask moral questions; would you kill Hitler was one of them, and if the guest answers incorrectly they are poisoned, (if I recall correctly most guests answer wrong.) Great movie, one of my favourites. But no I wouldn't kill him because someone else would come along to replace him so... What others have already said. Palpatine would blah blah, meh half way through I stopped caring enough to form logical and intelligent sentences or just sentences in general.

Sorry. Please read on.

Edit: I only just saw this. :grin:

Argh, all this grammatically incorrect spelling and sentences are irritating! :woot:

:lol:

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Argh, all of these grammatically incorrect sentences and spelling are irritating! :)
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What the hell do these government schools teach these initiates anyway?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Guest The Architect

If I could prove to the Jedi Council that I

Edited by The Architect

Guest The Architect
Oh and if Anakin lost, Qui-Gon submitted the Royal Naboo cruiser as his entry fee and the prize. So they would be spending the rest of their days rotting on Tatooine, YAY!

Yep. Rotting on Tatooine for the rest of your life is a far greater punishment than just being murdered from my viewpoint.

@Darth Mortis

Edited by The Architect

Without Vader - Luke and Leia would never be born and the dawn of a new society would never emerge..

The consequences of changing a single fact in the past are too widespread for anyone to to comprehend. Every thing you do changes the chain of events that leads to your own future - the air you breath, where you step.. Also the fact that you travel backwards to change an event is in itself a testamony to the fact that you can't change it at all - you would not be you if it didn't happen and therefore you wouldn't even travel back in the first place (because then it never happened).

Fortune favors the bald.

Actually, i'd just slightly sabotage his pod-raceer and watch him burn.

It will amuse me. :ermm: MUAHAHAHAHA :devil:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Killing Anakin at childhood would mean that the entire PT and OT would not be the same. If Anakin was not there, Ep.1. Trade federation's tactics wouldn't have come to an end. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would probably still defeat Maul (IF Quinlan Vos managed to help them get out of Tatooine), but it would be of little avail as the droid army as well as the Trade Federation space ships would probably win. At the same time, If they were not deactivated, probably the droid army could have reached there in time to save Darth Maul.

But even if Maul was dead, Naboo would have lost, and the Separatist movement as well as Sidious would be that much stronger. Dooku would try harder to turn Obi-Wan to the DS, and by the time of Ep.2, the republic would be in turmoil and the Empire already announced. The OT would be composed of a few old Jedi trying to get a hold on Sidious and a new apprentice he has found, presumably Obi-Wan or someone else. There would be no Luke at all, and probably the NJO would be put in Jeopardy. :ermm:

But going to the question, I wouldn't kill Anakin as a young boy because he's good natured, sweet and well-behaved boy. Everyone deserves a chance. :)

Well if he hadent become Darth vader there wouldnt be balance in the force would there, obvious reason that he had to join the darkside must have been that many of the jedi were becoming dark sided aswell, if some of the jedi dident have to die for balance the prophecy would have let it end when windu mace and palpatine fought agianst each other, be clearly the jedi were becoming as corrupt as the sith.

Example: Windu mace wanted to kill palpatine, which was agianst the jedi code, he would likely have tried to take control over the senate after aswell if or not it be motivated by good or evil it would eventually been the same as the sith just another version of it.

Think if you had killed anakin as a child there would have been balance because then all jedi would have been wiped out and only Sith been left, only reason palpatine allowed himself to be noticed was because he wanted anakin to be his apprentice, clearly everything he did to get anakin in the same room as him and windu mace was staged and planned well and throughly.

Dont think had anakin not held so much interest to him the jedi would never know what hit them before it all would be over.

What "unbalanced" the Force to begin with? The Exile?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Guest The Architect

The Force unbalanced itself, because it can, and it felt like it, m

Edited by The Architect

The echo is that which makes it difficult to hear the force, so it can be compared to the darkness shrouding everything.

It was the many deaths and all that Jedi not acting stuff that caused the echo, so you could surmise the unbalancing was the cumulative effect from thousands of wars.

One Sith and one Jedi, the Jedi kills the Sith, that is not balance there is supposed to be a middle in a see-saw. So how could one death bring balance to the force? It couldn't, it's a load of crap.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Nope, it was the Jedi and the Sith.

Good and evil (Or LS/DS) are defined by each other. The Sith unbalanced the force when they set the rule of two and hid from the Jedi. By doing so they removed the major definition as to what the Jedi were meant to be about. Without this definition the Jedi were slowly starting to slide away from what the Jedi were and are meant to be about without becoming evil as such.

For example Mace Windu was willing to kill Palpatine not because he had to, but because he didn't consider other options. Bastila on the otherhand didn't even consider killing Revan when she had the chance, no matter how dangerous she or the council considered Revan to be. Bastila's actions were, of the two, more in keeping with the Jedi than Windu's.

By killing all (well, almost all) of the Jedi Anakin gave the 'new' Jedi a chance to rediscover what being a Jedi was really about. Of course by doing so he also brought the Darkside into asendance, but that in turn gave any 'new' Jedi in decades to come a chance to see what evil and the darkside were really about. Or in otherwords they had a chance to define what 'evil' really meant, and hence define what 'good' really meant as well.

By killing Palpatine (and himself) years later Anakin was also resetting the dark side in a similar manner. With the Jedi having a better idea of what they really stood for, then any dark Jedi who turned up could look at them to see what the DS stood for. Both, in the end, had to rediscover what defined them, and in doing so they brought a balance between dark and light side back to the force.

Hmmm, seems a little extreme, having to kill everyone to rediscover the roots of a belief ... still, maybe the Renaissance might have been better killing every faith leader, so that the subsequent ones might learn anew what their faiths stood for, rather than just having the tame Germanic Reformation and Spanish Counter Reformation ... :p"

Water in itself makes no sound, Meta..

Sure it does, if there is some medium for the radiated waves to travel through. Granted, if the water falls in a vacuum, then it's silent (though electromagnetic radiation certainly needs no medium), but in an atmosphere, well, the sound certainly travels, even if there's no-one there to hear it ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT