Official Fallout Forums!

karka

I registered, but mostly because its the whole Bethsoft forum. I used to be active there, but my last account got purged long ago, during the last board re-org.

I don't really have much interest in posting about FO3 until I am actually playing the game, and I have 0 interest in getting involved in flame wars that were already really old and tired 5 years ago.

But you might see me in the ES forums again! Haven't posted there since shortly after MOrrowind was released.

*waves*

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I don't like the icon-set that Bethesda use on their boards. It's hard to distinguish read and un-read threads.

BTW, 4000+ posts for the first day... Fallout fans have lots of things to say for sure.

yes the ones here are a lot better

IB1OsQq.png

I have the same name and I got so caught up in the flaming that I accidentally attacked Role-Player too! Sorry about that, I was trying to avoid "our own", so to speak.

But it's great fun though :p

Sure, no problem. I just found it somewhat off puting that I've spent some time here pointing out I really enjoy either realtime or turn-based, and that my preferences don't really have a say in whatever I may think are market realities and suddenly it was like 2006 again! :lol:

I've never even heard of Fallout before today. Look at the latest releases for the xbox or PS3 this week. Heck, look at the last six month's worth... out of all those games, how many are turn-based? How many are straight first person? I'll grant you that there are still games being made that have 3rd person cameras but those will be going the way of the dodo pretty soon. I'm not going to bother mentioning PC "games" because who really cares about those.

People don't want to waste time waiting for "turns" to end, they just want to shoot zombies or whatever and have red appear all over the screen. It's the nature of the beast and I think some of you guys may feel a little left behind.

I thought this post by "milesforeman" was pretty idiotic. And yet, also very funny.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What interests me is that there seems to be just as much, if not more, unprovoked flaming of 'old Fallout fans' - or at least a version of a stereotypical old Fallout fan that exists in people's minds - as there is flaming of Bethesda and Fallout 3.

If the common reaction of a message board to continued trolling really interests you, I'd love to hear your thoughts on drying paint.

suggestion for bethesda:

during registration for fallout3/bethesda boards, potential applicants should be asked if they is frequent posters at rpg codex. those who answer in the affirmative should be transfered to a more appropriate venue.

wouldn't do no good, but at least bethesda would be able to get in a first shot.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

If the common reaction of a message board to continued trolling really interests you, I'd love to hear your thoughts on drying paint.

As I saw it last night, the flaming of 'old Fallout fans' started before any serious trolling by Bethesda-haters. And yes, I do find the whole thing and how it's developing very interesting indeed. Perhaps I've led a sheltered life here in more civilized territory. :lol:

With good reason too, I've already been warned once. :p

Already? :o

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

suggestion for bethesda:

during registration for fallout3/bethesda boards, potential applicants should be asked if they is frequent posters at rpg codex. those who answer in the affirmative should be transfered to a more appropriate venue.

wouldn't do no good, but at least bethesda would be able to get in a first shot.

HA! Good Fun!

Ha! That is Good Fun!. :p

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

And now, a dumb post by a fallout fanboy called Falluotfan1942:

i believe Fallout is the only rpg and anything thats not fallout isnt an RPG but just a sad adventure fgame..

the only exceptoin to this rule wuld be planescape torment which is also awesome noodles. Thats why i hope for the best in fallout 3 becuz its a fallout title and it culd potentiaolly be the bestest rpg ever! so well have to see

Note that he, apparently, got "Volourn's Mystical Typing Skills" as a perk.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

i believe Fallout is the only rpg and anything thats not fallout isnt an RPG but just a sad adventure fgame..

the only exceptoin to this rule wuld be planescape torment which is also awesome noodles. Thats why i hope for the best in fallout 3 becuz its a fallout title and it culd potentiaolly be the bestest rpg ever! so well have to see

R00fles!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

suggestion for bethesda:

HA! Good Fun!

Fun fact: the forums have an auto censor which makes it so everytime you type "RPG Codex" in the message field, it will be automatically converted to "I really love Oblivion". I'm not kidding.

;)

That made my day.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

suggestion for bethesda:

HA! Good Fun!

Fun fact: the forums have an auto censor which makes it so everytime you type "RPG Codex" in the message field, it will be automatically converted to "I really love Oblivion". I'm not kidding.

that is pretty clever. is too bad that bethesda can't get such humor and cleverness into their games.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I can't understand how can a gamer be totally unaware of the series. I mean, Fallout is not that old or something. Latest installment of the series is only 2 years older than the Diablo 2 which is still a very popular game among younger gamers.

I think you should perhaps check the sales figures for the two franchises and think again. ;)

(Diablo is STILL on the Macintosh top sellers list.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The FalloutFan Prestige Class special ability!?!!!11!!one!!1

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The FalloutFan Prestige Class special ability!?!!!11!!one!!1

isnt that some sarcastic alterego? ;)

IB1OsQq.png

Holy crap, I think I'm having more fun on the Fallout forums than I'm having here! Free flaming (without some prissy having hissy-fits because of a joke), lots of defenseless noobs, and more life than this forum has seen since they announced Neverwinter Nights 2 (which they cleverly removed from this forum..).

I'm still having a blast :thumbsup:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think I'm getting near the point where I've said all I've got to say on a game about which nothing is yet known. It's a bit heated over there, sometimes - good in a way, but lacks the relaxed silliness of the old PNJ forum (RIP :sad: ).

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Sure, that could be fun... Kirottu.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"