NFL Season 2007

Kelverin

One benefit to living in northeast Ohio: my local CBS affiliate gave me the gift of that Browns/Bengals game on Sunday afternoon.
What a great game; reminded me of the Chargers games in the late 70's early 80's where the final score would always be like 49 - 44. I don't know why but I think it's good for the NFL that the Browns are competitive.

The Chargers/patriots game was really hard to take, they licked the **** out of us. But it's only week 2, still waaaaayyy to early to panic.

• 2 weeks later...
The Chargers/patriots game was really hard to take, they licked the **** out of us. But it's only week 2, still waaaaayyy to early to panic.

Panicking yet?

(Personally, I doubt the Chargers are in serious trouble-- they're still easily the best team in their division, and the schedule gets much easier over the next month. But the regression of their OL and the craptacularity of their secondary could be issues come playoff time.)

My real reason for resurrecting this thread is to post one of the most remarkable football-related pictures I've ever seen. During the KC-MIN game this weekend, a drunk fan ran out onto the field, and was subdued by security. The security guards got some help from an unexpected source:

190-CHIEFSVIKINGS2_SP_092307_DRE_560_09-24-2007_E5UNRED.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

(Here is the KC Star's commentary on what happened.)

(Edit: And

is the Youtube clip.) Edited by Enoch

Panicking yet?
Nope, the Chargers schedule gets much easier and the division appears to be up for grabs. We lost all of our coaches and our defensive captain as well, did nothing in free agency. Also Norv Turner sucks, Ted Cotrell our Defensive Coordinator has shown me nothing. So to think we would pick up where we left off is kind of silly. Lost to both the pats and packers on the road back to back weeks, its very difficult to make two cross country road trips and be successful. The packers look to be a lot stronger this year and the class of their division. It's early and it's not how you start it's how you finish, the first 4 weeks are almost meaningless. The only thing I do not like is listening to LaDainian Tomlinson whine like a bitch to the media he should keep that **** in house. It's not like we can just show up and win, the other team gets paid as well.

new england looks unstoppable, pittsburgh looks good but has not really been tested yet. The colts well they are the colts. Based off talent we are one of the elite teams in the NFL, but talent alone won't get it done. Check last year.

Grossman, I give him 4 weeks tho. Not utterly convinced we won't see Orton.

Do I get points for being half right?

Poor Rex. He was probably looking forward to playing the Lions. Mistakenly, of course, because the Lions are going to throw for 400 yards and three TDs on the depleted Bears secondary. Martz may not run the ball five times against that Chicago D. I don't think Griese can lead the Bears to a win in a shootout in his first game.

Besides, the Bears can't win. Jon Kitna has been touched by the Hand of God!

In other news, how 'bout those Saints? Not exactly pulling a repeat of last year, are they? Some jerkface in one of my fantasy football leagues tried to trade me Deuce McAllister and Devery Henderson for Marion Barber III and Santonio Holmes. Let me tell you, there was a stern couple of paragraphs accompanying that trade rejection. You better believe it.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Eagles play the Giants this week.

This is one of those weeks you get to play a dumb team ran by a stupid individuals with a retarded fan base. People in New York with real character are Jets fans, the rest are Bon Jovi wanna be's. Go Eagles.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Eagles play the Giants this week.

This is one of those weeks you get to play a dumb team ran by a stupid individuals with a retarded fan base. People in New York with real character are Jets fans, the rest are Bon Jovi wanna be's. Go Eagles.

I'll won't dispute that Giants management hasn't been all too shrewd over the past decade or so, and, every NFL team has a substantial share of dumb players.

But have you ever met any actual Eagles fans? You know, the guys who threw snowballs at Santa Claus, cheered Michael Irvin's career-ending spinal injury, were so drunk and violent in the stands that the city had to set up a courthouse in the Vet to deal with them all, booed the team's selection of McNabb in the draft, and routinely trash the best thing that has ever happened to their franchise (the aforementioned McNabb) on local talk radio?

By comparison, Giants fans look like Nobel Prize winners.

And all the Jets fans in the NY area are either Giants fans who couldn't get season tickets, or from Long Island (pronounced "lawn GUY-land").

By comparison, Giants fans look like Nobel Prize winners.

And all the Jets fans in the NY area are either Giants fans who couldn't get season tickets, or from Long Island (pronounced "lawn GUY-land").

Yeah, whatever Jon Bon

Joe Namath > Frank Gifford

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

today is a good day to be a cheesehead ... brett sets the touchdown record and pass attempts record they go to 4-0, which no one thought they could do ...... yeah

I know it's early so my hope for anymore remain null, but you can't take away from what they have done

GO PACK GO !!!! :thumbsup:

goooooo bears......

not to meantion my fantasy team had Lemont Jordan go down and Frank Gore start a game with 2 fumbles causing him to have -18 points

Looks like Chi Town is failing this year. That's ok, my Denver is sucking as well.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

wtf happened to the pack ... they had that game won in the first 10 minuntes and then went to sleep.

o well, figures ... now we play the redskins, there we we go 4-2 instead of 5-1 ... and yes I don't have much faith in them beating washington.

but the bears why oh why?????

Oh my god! Did anyone catch the Cowboys vs. Bills game monday night? Talk about a long shot win for the cowboys.
Great (but sloppy) game to watch. Dallas did everything it could to give the Bills the win, but they didn't want it I guess. Feel sorry for Bills fans, between this game and the broncos game, losing games due to last second field goals HURTS.

wtf happened to the pack ... they had that game won in the first 10 minuntes and then went to sleep.
The Bears desperately need that win and played like it. I think the Pack will be fine against the Redskins though....

Oh my god! Did anyone catch the Cowboys vs. Bills game monday night? Talk about a long shot win for the cowboys.
Great (but sloppy) game to watch. Dallas did everything it could to give the Bills the win, but they didn't want it I guess. Feel sorry for Bills fans, between this game and the broncos game, losing games due to last second field goals HURTS.

I went to bed around the start of the 4th quarter. I was not at all surprised to discover that the Bills had found a way to lose the game. They couldn't maintain any offense against the Cowboys rather ordinary D. (The Boys have only faced 1 decent offense so far this season, and they gave up 35 points in that game-- apart from Ware and Newman, their guys on D are all average at best.) The Bills defense was impressive, but eventually, the Cowboys' stronger offensive personnel started to win out. When the majority of your scoring comes from fluky plays like INT returns (Getting an INT = skill. Getting said INT in a part of the field where it can be easily returned for a TD = dumb luck), you're not nearly as good a team as the final score suggests.

As for my Giants, they're still not impressing me overly. The offensive playcalling is poor, the pass coverage by linebackers and safeties still needs work, and the special teams, apart from Jeff Feagles, are awful. But they're 3-2, with 3 winnable games coming up (@ATL, SF, @MIA). They should have 5, maybe even 6, wins at the bye, which would be well ahead of the pace for my predictions. I was worried about the secondary when the season started, but rookie Aaron Ross is looking like he might already be the best CB on the team.

can anyone stop the patroits ?... even though I don't care for them you can't deny their talent for winning, can't wait to see them plat the colts.
The colts should give them a big test, I can see them losing. Their division is pathetic really. The other teams are a combined 2 - 15. The NFL season is a grind, hard to get up for every game. Can't see them going 16-0 Edited by Kelverin

Today is the NFL trade deadline and there have been a few moves. This might be all there are never too many trades in the NFL.

Bolts acquire Chambers from Dolphins

Too high of a pick but Rivers needs some help at the WR position.

Chiefs deal running back Bennett to Bucs for undisclosed draft picks

Bolts acquire Chambers from Dolphins

Too high of a pick but Rivers needs some help at the WR position.

He also comes with a $5M/year pricetag, which he is definitely not worth. Chambers is the prototypical "looks great on the highlight reel, looks bad in the game" player. He'll make an occasional amazing circus catch, followed by 5 plays where he either fails to get any separation from the defender or drops an easy reception. Sure, he should improve with better QBing and more offensive weapons around him to draw the defense's attention, but even so, I don't think he's better than an average starting WR. That's an improvement on what the Bolts have now, but if they don't win the big one this season, this'll be a move they end up regretting. As for Miami, it's a fabulous move for them. Given Chambers' cap number, they might well have been planning to cut him outright after the season. A 2nd-rounder for him is a coup.

And how bummed must Craig Davis be right now?

With Herm Edwards' propensity to run RBs until their legs fall off (see: Martin, Curtis), they may wish that they had kept the best backup they have for Larry Johnson by the end of the season.

Edited by Enoch