Fightning with two double-bladed lightsabers

No thank you. Pants are for squares.

This thread is so going to get pruned.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

If you're fighting with two sticks and your opponent puts all his force into pushing the stick back, it will just rest on your body and you'll be able to hold him off. Your stick won't cut through your own flesh like a warm knife through butter, which I think is a major flaw of the whole two double-bladed lightsaber idea. Unless you're wearing full body armour made of - oh, what was it called, cortasis weave or something? - that lightsabers can't cut through.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

If you're fighting with two sticks and your opponent puts all his force into pushing the stick back, it will just rest on your body and you'll be able to hold him off. Your stick won't cut through your own flesh like a warm knife through butter, which I think is a major flaw of the whole two double-bladed lightsaber idea. Unless you're wearing full body armour made of - oh, what was it called, cortasis weave or something? - that lightsabers can't cut through.

cortosis armor would be invincible.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I hate EU for inflation of cortosis. And especially Kotor, because that was the game really pumped world full with it.

Cortosis isn't unpeneptrable, only for lightsabers.

And it is extremely rare. Yes, that's right.

Although not in kotors... :mellow:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Forgot about that too :)

Kotor could use some sort of "sunder" feat which could be used against non-lightsaber weapons

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I hate EU for inflation of cortosis. And especially Kotor, because that was the game really pumped world full with it.

Cortosis isn't unpeneptrable, only for lightsabers.

And it is extremely rare. Yes, that's right.

Although not in kotors... >_<

"Hey look - a broken table-leg...and it's got a cortosis weave!!! :)

I don't believe cortosis is "Invunerable" to lightsabers - just resistant...remember that lightsabers (should) cut through most things like a hot knife through butter...

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Yeah, it's just resistant. (look my post above, I didn't remember that back when writing post you quoted)

That's why Kotor could use some sort of sunder feat

Yeah, it's just resistant. (look my post above, I didn't remember that back when writing post you quoted)

That's why Kotor could use some sort of sunder feat

Remember that "Sunder" is the art of specifically aiming your attack at a person's weapon/armour with the intent of breaking it - it's not really the kind of thing that a lightsaber does - you can't exactly bludgeon someone's armour off with it :thumbsup:

Cortosis would practically just mean that if you were swiped at with a lightsaber you have a good chance of it deflecting rather than cutting through.

As far as game mechanics - Cortosis armour would have a higher AC vs. Lightsabers as a special attribute...

Frankly - I'd really rather not have to deal with damage to equipment - it's a part of games like Diablo that, while making it somewhat more real, really annoys me and gets in the way of running around and thwacking stuff :)

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

I was talking about weapons. You see, "cortosis" is pure excuse in Kotor for gameplay mechanism that makes normal swords to survive contact with lightsaber.

With some sort of sunder variation you could possibly break weapons like vibroswords if you had this feat/whatever :ermm:

I was talking about weapons. You see, "cortosis" is pure excuse in Kotor for gameplay mechanism that makes normal swords to survive contact with lightsaber.

Cortosis predates Kotor, it was first mentioned in the Eu book 'I Jedi' where it was used for armour. The Cortosis in the rest of the EU however doesn't resist lightsabres but creates a feedback in the blade as it makes contract. This feedback causes the lightsabre to shut off before it does more than scratch the surface-so you can cut through Cortosis with a lightsabre it just takes forever.

I like that they included this in K1 to explain why you can parry a lightsabre with a vibrosword, and I like the idea that it just resists the blade rather than shutting it off even if that was done for gameplay.

Incidently lightsabres will not cut through everything-they can't cut through force fields, as can been seen in Phantom Menace (Qui-Gon and Maul can't cut through the force field between them) and in Revenge of the Sith (Grevious's guards are using shock staffs that use force fields to parry lightsabres). So you could create a suit of armour that will resist a lightsabre by adding a force field to it.

Incidently lightsabres will not cut through everything-they can't cut through force fields, as can been seen in Phantom Menace (Qui-Gon and Maul can't cut through the force field between them) and in Revenge of the Sith (Grevious's guards are using shock staffs that use force fields to parry lightsabres).

In K2 they can

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

THIS IS ANOTHER PROOF THAT OLD JEDIS WERE MUCH BETTER THAN NEW ONES AND THAT JEDI EXILE IS FRICKING GOD OF THE STAR WARS, BESIDES, THEY CAN MAKE LIGHTSABERS THAT CAN DESTROY FORCE FIELDS!!!1111!!

Oh, sorry. OPG possessed me for a moment

Incidently lightsabres will not cut through everything-they can't cut through force fields, as can been seen in Phantom Menace (Qui-Gon and Maul can't cut through the force field between them) and in Revenge of the Sith (Grevious's guards are using shock staffs that use force fields to parry lightsabres).

In K2 they can

Well in K2 you can also parry a lightsabre blade with a wooden quarter-staff, so safe to say that they changed a few things for gameplay.....that or the SW universe has trees that bring a whole new meaning to the term 'Hard Wood'.

How about you need to add a special upgrade (Cortosis weave or vibration cell) to make your sword immune to lightsabers?

In K2 they can

Well in K2 you can also parry a lightsabre blade with a wooden quarter-staff, so safe to say that they changed a few things for gameplay.....that or the SW universe has trees that bring a whole new meaning to the term 'Hard Wood'.

Well Certian Trees ,in the Star Wars universe, develop a gene that is like Cortisis.

THIS IS ANOTHER PROOF THAT OLD JEDIS WERE MUCH BETTER THAN NEW ONES AND THAT JEDI EXILE IS FRICKING GOD OF THE STAR WARS, BESIDES, THEY CAN MAKE LIGHTSABERS THAT CAN DESTROY FORCE FIELDS!!!1111!!

Oh, sorry. OPG possessed me for a moment

THE EXILE is MORE POWERFUL because he is more POWERFUL LOOK at the FACTS you sidiouse FANBOY THE EXILE KILLED SION who was IMORTAL THINK LOGICALY!!!!11

:-

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Actually, Sion kinda killed himself.

no u

Actually, Sion kinda killed himself.

More he just gave up...kinda like Obi Wan Kenobi in ANH - but different scenarios.