What are you playing now?

Darque

How can the port be worse? It's the same game; but with more features. L0LLERZ!

I'm to the imperial city, and so far, the only new feature I've seen is a rhino demon.

In addition, the controls aren't as responsive, the visuals aren't as nice, they've changed the camera slightly, and I'm noticing a slight pause after each spoken dialogue that wasn't there before. Therefore, it's like the original, but not quite as nice.

The only plus for the PC version is the possibility of modding the game using the NWN/NWN2 toolset.

Visuals worse? Ehm... no, not at all. And this isn't about opinion.

IMO JE's controls are awesome, it might have best consoler port controls ever. I'm not the only one, in official forums there was huge amount of people thanking Bio for control schemes on PC. Heck, most even thought they were better on PC than XBOX. Of course there was differing opinions but I'm talking about majority.

You can change targets with your mouse scroll too :)

Back on topic: I'm still playing F1 :thumbsup:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I am playing Bloodlines, IWD2 and IWD when time permits it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Yeah, I remember when Halo came out on the PC, it recieved a very lukewarm reception as well. Of course the key to Volologic is that personal opinions and preferences are wrong, so we better end this discussion before we are Volofied in a court of law.

Halo PC is one of the (two) grudges I have against Gearbox. Two new superweapons added to multiplayer. I do kind of like the rocket warthog, though.

The PC version of Halo only enforced the truth about the game, in that it is a steaming turd of a game.

Or that you just don't have friends aka co-op.

The single-player is stupid, and so is anyone who actually rates the game by it.

Co-op+couch+beverages=instawin.

9 of use played in the office we all walked away shaking our heads.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Kinda silly to buy the PC version if you have played and finished the XBOX version, or even own it.

Why buy a port of something you already own? (General question to everyone)

Might I suggest, based on the "I hate controllers" statement, that your evaluation of the interface on the PC versus the X-Box version might have a moderate to significant bias?

I don't enjoy playing games on a controller, never have never will, I work with an XBOX controller every damn day so it's certainly not due to lack of skill, I just genuinely found the experiences more comfortable upon a keyboard. That's doesn't mean it'll go for everyone.

As for the graphics, as I've said, I have a Ratheon. The developers on the tech support page have stated they took away some of the game's graphic options from that family of cards because of the number of difficulties they encountered with it. As such, it's quite possible I'm not getting the optimal PC visual experience.

Then is it worth mentioning what you're seeing as being a credible source? It's not is it.

In answer to your question, I do so to support a game I enjoy in the hopes of seeing a sequel, and to support a publisher's/developer's decision to port to PC.

What do you think about HALO as an example of its genre?

Hey I'll buy a port for a game if I don't own it, I don't see much point in grabbing a port of a game i already own tho' that's just bizzare.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I hated this game. I have no idea how it received such high praise.

Have you even died? I didn't die once in the whole damn game. The cutscenes are way to slow and long and aren't skippable. Plus, your little "voice" is annoying as all hell.

The game sucks.

I'm now playing Paper Mario and have had more fun in the first 15 minutes of that game than I did in the whole 40 hours of Okami.

Why did you play a game you hate for 40 hours? Did you get paid?

Lol, I managed to get my reputation from 12 to -4 just few hours ago. I did nothing, really! Just slaughtered whole population of Junktown... Oh, and one merchant caravan too :shifty:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Xard:

" Visuals worse? Ehm... no, not at all. And this isn't about opinion."

I'd be rather ashamed of myself if I wrote something like this.

Assuming you know the difference between opinion and fact, I have to wonder at the level of denial it takes to suggest the visuals being better on the PC is anything but opinion. Especially, as you have no idea what Jade Empire looks like on my PC or my TV.

Moreover, what makes you think that anyone would believe a claim that is so blatantly false? Of course it's an opinion. It's not possible for it to be anything other than an opinion. If you got all 6.5 billion people in the world to say that the visuals for Jade Empire looked better on PC, it would still be an opinion.

Nightshade:

" I don't enjoy playing games on a controller, never have never will

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I sometimes do that with books I buy. I find I hate them, but feel the need to read the entire thing.

Though, I've never had a book last 40 hours.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

If you've already wasted money on it, might as well waste some time and add in some frustration too.

:teehee:

Speaking of money, I bought Total Racing Unlimited. Now, to find space on my hard drive.

Say goodnight, Jade Empire.

I'm just installing Deus Ex for the first time. Apparently it's thousands of times better than Invisible War so I thought I'd give it a shot.

:teehee:

Prepare for good times.

I'm prepared for good times. Unfortunately I'm not having them as I'm lacking in a manual and don't know how to fecking jump :(

Would you care to pass on some of your expert knowledge and teach a newbie how to do one of the most basic actions in the game?

There's a tutorial at the beginning of the game. I'd advise that you do it, as it walks (and jumps!) you through all the controls. It's pretty fun (and quite difficult) on its own merits. You can also remap ALL of the controls to ANY key combination, using the main (Escape) menu.

I'm busy playing a MMORPG ... :-"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What a coincidence, me too except i know how to play poker. Hopefully neither one of us is some weird stalker person. :teehee:

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I live in Las Vegas, but have no idea how to play poker.

I can't play poker. People get angry when you palm cards and there's money at stake.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Speaking of money, I bought Total Racing Unlimited. Now, to find space on my hard drive.

TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED, WOMAN! TEST DRIVE!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Don't crash into the pedestrians and street signs. Run the other cars off the road.

Drive Offensively. The life you save may be your own.

Since I foobared NWN2 with the beta patch and all those mods I am going to uninstall and reinstall the game and start over from scratch. Man, that first initial patch instal is around a 120 megs!

Wow...

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The other cars won't slow down enough to let me knock them off the road! *sob*

Maria <- took her half an hour to get to the first race, cause she kept on driving off the road.

I sometimes do that with books I buy. I find I hate them, but feel the need to read the entire thing.

Though, I've never had a book last 40 hours.

If you've already wasted money on it, might as well waste some time and add in some frustration too.

=]

Yup. I do this with everything just so I can say I hated it afterwards with full conviction. Plus, I'd probably be just sleeping if I didn't.

Why does that remind me of that one scene with Data and Guinen in that Star Trek movie?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Xard:

" Visuals worse? Ehm... no, not at all. And this isn't about opinion."

I'd be rather ashamed of myself if I wrote something like this.

Assuming you know the difference between opinion and fact, I have to wonder at the level of denial it takes to suggest the visuals being better on the PC is anything but opinion. Especially, as you have no idea what Jade Empire looks like on my PC or my TV.

Moreover, what makes you think that anyone would believe a claim that is so blatantly false? Of course it's an opinion. It's not possible for it to be anything other than an opinion. If you got all 6.5 billion people in the world to say that the visuals for Jade Empire looked better on PC, it would still be an opinion.

For my defence I have to say that I hadn't yet read your post where you said you have radeon card. That explains.

Anyway, I've said this before somewhere some time, but I say it again: Belief is key to anything. You can't absolutely prove that something is true, you always need belief too. Sure, you can prove some law of physics to be "completely" accurate, but it still is only 99 % absolutely true. Further than that you can't go without belief.

Of course as I have enormous amounts of interests with all kinds of philosophy I could dwell deeper and deeper in this but that wouldn't really end ever and you should get the idea already. I'm not siding with "facts". Ever. I greatly simplified when I said "this isn't about opinion", but that was something we humans must do if we wish to keep our communication even relatively understandable. Although this time I guess I simplified too much

Now, when I stated graphics being better I used commonly accepted indicators which are pretty much close to objective as we can get (actually not, but yet again, that's getting too philosophical) on this subject. We're not talking about art direction, personal preferences in colour schemes etc.

To make short list of these "objective" indicators in JE:

-Resolution. Higher resolution is better. PC has higher resolutions, thus = PC has always better graphics, even if actually they're pretty much identical. Heck, they ARE identical apart from such minor thing than resolution if this is case in game port. However, as minor as this thing is, it still makes graphics better on PC. JE's PC version has higher resolution= better graphics

-Better textures. PC version has lots of updated and better textures. Better textures= better graphics. Thus JE's PC version has better graphics.

- AA and Bloom = Both commonly accepted as making more "realistic", smoother and better graphics. PC version has these, thus PC JE has better graphics.

I think that was clear enough (?) :down:

Btw, sorry for possible extra spelling erros. I'm using quite weird keyboard so typos should be more numerous than usual.

Edited by Xard