Top 25 PC Games of All Time

Xard

Now the list includes game 25-11, top ten still unknown.

I agree with some of their choices, disagree completely with others. SS2 should've been in Top 10. Oh, and wtf are Oblivion and Call of Duty doing on that list?

And no Silent Storm? Racism against turn based combat rages on (I don't believe that its in top ten) :sad:

I believe we'll see at least one Fallout in top ten, both HL's and possibly BG2. Oh, and Doom naturally.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

meh. Oblivion has no business being in there. Not with standing how good or bad the game is, you can't judge a game as being best of all time when it has been out for less than a year. A game needs to age a bit and see how it stands up to the passage of time before it can be called a best of all time.

Since this is PC games only Deus Ex should probably be higher than 20. ANd I don't know what Warcraft 2 did to deserve inclusion. And WoW? It may be popular, but that's hardly an indicator of best of all time.

And Xard, Silent Storm, top 25? , um no. :huh::)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Take Morrowind and remove all the parts that makes it a PC game and add in more dumbdowned console parts and you have Oblivion. :thumbsup:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Zork and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy rocked!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

" Not with standing how good or bad the game is, you can't judge a game as being best of all time when it has been out for less than a year. "

I disagree. A quality of a game cna be judged as soon as it comes out.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Since The Sims won't be in the top 10, I'm fairly content ... :thumbsup:

I agree about Oblivion & more time should pass - we're talkin' all time here, not 'best of the past couple years'.

WoW - I'm not sure about that one, unless they're mostly giving it a nod for being a really really successful MMORPG in a market full of not so successful ones.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

" Not with standing how good or bad the game is, you can't judge a game as being best of all time when it has been out for less than a year. "

I disagree. A quality of a game cna be judged as soon as it comes out.

Sure, quality can be judged, but in order to go into the "best of all time" category there has to be some "time" to establish where the game sits in relation to all other games that have come before.

There are a lot of quality games that don't deserve a "one of the best of all time" inclusion.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I would have thought the original Thief would supersede SS2, and although its unlikely Torment ought to be up there. Civilization 2 is almost a sure bet as well, maybe Red Alert.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I would have thought the original Thief would supersede SS2, and although its unlikely Torment ought to be up there. Civilization 2 is almost a sure bet as well, maybe Red Alert.

Even though I don't personally like PS:T, it should be in the top ten.

PST is not a top 10 game. I wouldn't even consider it a top 10 CRPG. Maybe top 10 PC RPG though.

"Sure, quality can be judged, but in order to go into the "best of all time" category there has to be some "time" to establish where the game sits in relation to all other games that have come before."

Nah. if a game is worthy of the best ever then it's worthy of best ever at release.

Edited by Volourn

Nah. if a game is worthy of the best ever then it's worthy of best ever at release.

Nonesense. A lot of games that turned out to be classic titles were virtually ignored when they were released. And some games that make a big splash at release quickly fade into the past. I predict Oblivion will be one of the latter, since it seems to contain little if anything that will render it a classic.

Irreleavnt. We're not talking sales numbers. We're not talking classics either. We're talking best games.

"I predict Oblivion will be one of the latter, since it seems to contain little if anything that will render it a classic."

Then don't put it in your top 25 list. On this list, it's top 25. Period. I don't care for Oblivion, but if someone feels it's top 25 worthy then it's top 25 worthy to them.

It doesn't matte rhow long a game is released. If someone felt that PST was worthy of being top 25 then they should feel that when they firts play it; not 20 years later.

R00fles!

P.S. It seems you are more upset with oblivion's inclusion on the list; not that it's a 'new' game.

P.S.S. I'm sure most obsidian fanboys would be jumping up for joy if NWN2 makes the list depsite it being 'new'.

Edited by Volourn

Neverwinter Nights 2 is not one of the best games of all time. It is one of the better CRPGs released for quite a while but hardly the best.

Irreleavnt. We're not talking sales numbers. We're not talking classics either. We're talking best games.

WHere the heck did I mention sales numbers? And I would consider "classics" to be among the "best games" so its an irrelevant distinction.

System Shock 2 barely made a ripple when it was released. Yet here it is, number 15 or whatever. Obviously time has given people a different perspective on it.

As far as Oblivion goes, I think its a pretty fun game. I don't feel it has the makings of a "best game" however. Its greatest asset is its prettiness, but a year from now there will be much better looking games.

If there is any ES game that deserves a place in the "best PC games of all time" it would be Daggerfall.

A game has to be playable, doesn't it?

Are there 10 PC games that are better than Grim Fandango, System Shock 2 and Deus Ex?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Are there 10 PC games that are better than Grim Fandango, System Shock 2 and Deus Ex?

Yes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I believe we'll see at least one Fallout in top ten, both HL's and possibly BG2. Oh, and Doom naturally.

+ StarCraft and a Civ

Agreed. I bet Civ 4 is there, propably some others too.

Indeed, where are adventure games? Sam & Max!? Monkey Islands!?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Yes.

Can you seriously name 10 games that are better than Deus Ex? :brows: I agree that there are quite a few games that have done for example the combat better or had more intricate stories, but there's none that have done all of those areas decently. None except Deus Ex.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yes.

Can you seriously name 10 games that are better than Deus Ex? :brows: I agree that there are quite a few games that have done for example the combat better or had more intricate stories, but there's none that have done all of those areas decently. None except Deus Ex.

Easily. Deus Ex was a good game, but I can't give it more than that.

You'd have to put a gun to my head for me to consider the combat in Deus Ex to be "decent."

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Can you seriously name 10 games that are better than Deus Ex?

1: Fallout 1

2: Planescape Torment

3: Fallout 2

4: Ultima 4

5: Baldur's Gate 1

6: Baldur's Gate 2

7. Ultima 7

8. Neverwinter Nights 2

9. Icewind Dale

10. Knights of the Old Republic 2

Of course this is purely opinion, but all these Top 10, Top 25, and whatnot are.