Obsidian guys' personal websites

funcroc

www.adambrennecke.com

I expected more... Fool I am.

Hey, it is the coolset website ever!

I recently took it down because most of the stuff on it was super old from my college days. Hopefully I'll have new cool programmin shizz to show in the near future.

-Brennecke

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

www.adambrennecke.com

I recently took it down because most of the stuff on it was super old from my college days. Hopefully I'll have new cool programmin shizz to show in the near future.

-Brennecke

I was actually hoping to see what you'd done at college actually(You went to digipen didn't you?), and I almost expected some sorta !Pr0n style website, for a moment before, then I realised you was going for the pure minimalist website... Which is cool, but it's !Pr0n.

Edited by @\NightandtheShape/@

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Well thankfully people like to archive every webpage ever.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050213091953/...mbrennecke.com/

Yes, you are correct that I went to DigiPen, however, most of that stuff is pretty pathetic now, and that's why I took it down. I'm in the process of moving, so I haven't had any time to update the page from home.

-Brennecke

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

The fact is that everything comes more awesome if you add (.)(.) to it.

See?

I think mister Brennecke should add (.)(.) to his website. Then it truly would be awesome. And, yes, I just made this topic more awesome. You can all thank me laterz.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Well thankfully people like to archive every webpage ever.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050213091953/...mbrennecke.com/

Yes, you are correct that I went to DigiPen, however, most of that stuff is pretty pathetic now, and that's why I took it down. I'm in the process of moving, so I haven't had any time to update the page from home.

-Brennecke

Ahh cool thank you!

Interesting stuff... Naturally I see why your updating it!

*Swims through code samples* Forgot how ugly C++ can be *Keeps reading* Interesting.

That's quite impressive, considering they're College projects.

Edit: Perlin noise is so useful!

Edited by @\NightandtheShape/@

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

www.adambrennecke.com

-Brennecke

I agree Adam! It is the coolest website ever! ^_^

Kristen Wong :wub: Adam Brennecke!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If they ever make an RPG set in Obsidian's offices, there should be a quest involving a romance between the two. :wub:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

This would be a good, funny game actually. An office-based RPG, and I think people have talked about it here before.

It should be riddled with tongue-in-cheek humour, poking fun at all the RPG archetypes, but the main character always gets to sarcastically respond or note stupidity in the dialog options.

You can choose your class by what you are hired on to be. You can start out as an artist, a programmer, or a game designer. Each class would have its own drawbacks and benefits.

The game would take place in day-segments. At the end of each day, the Obsidian employee has to visit the Obsidian Entertainment Forum Community, and identify logical fallacies made by posters like Onur the Courageous, or stifle angry consumers by selecting the proper response to a topic started. Of course there'd be cameo appearances of Baley, which would consist of PM's to the PC that are simply original, Baley-style literature/diatribes.

Throughout the week, the employee PC is to be visited by Chris Avellone, or Chris Parker, or some other big cheese, to see what got done. This would trigger a battle, where the outcome partly determines your standing in the business. Or you could stealthily avoid them or distract them, and get exp. points that way.

Daily work would get done differently for each class. A game designer walks through the office, town, or publishing company's warehouse, looking for and accumulating ideas, but gets attacked by writer's block in the form of demons or somesuch creature. The same type of thing for the artist, but they'd also travel in nature among other places. Maybe even for the programmer, but he/she would be doing this kind of thing on the computer also.

The story primarily takes place between NPC and PC interaction. I don't know how to fit a party into this game. It might be possible, once the PC is a higher level, to give the PC a coworker to lead or something. There might be a quest or two about training the new employees. I'm sure there are tons of ideas in this relatively untouched genre.

Edit: And of course the game would have a couple well-written romance storylines... that don't necessarily end in coitus. I'm drawing the line here, either the romance is well-written and well thought out, or it isn't in the game at all. This is either a serious pillar of the game, or it isn't in the game. There is no middle ground if you want a good game with romance in it.

But srsly, this game won't get made. I liked thinking of ideas for it though.

Edited by Blank

This would be a good, funny game actually. An office-based RPG, and I think people have talked about it here before.

It should be riddled with tongue-in-cheek humour, poking fun at all the RPG archetypes, but the main character always gets to sarcastically respond or note stupidity in the dialog options.

You can choose your class by what you are hired on to be. You can start out as an artist, a programmer, or a game designer. Each class would have its own drawbacks and benefits.

The game would take place in day-segments. At the end of each day, the Obsidian employee has to visit the Obsidian Entertainment Forum Community, and identify logical fallacies made by posters like Onur the Courageous, or stifle angry consumers by selecting the proper response to a topic started. Of course there'd be cameo appearances of Baley, which would consist of PM's to the PC that are simply original, Baley-style literature/diatribes.

Throughout the week, the employee PC is to be visited by Chris Avellone, or Chris Parker, or some other big cheese, to see what got done. This would trigger a battle, where the outcome partly determines your standing in the business. Or you could stealthily avoid them or distract them, and get exp. points that way.

Daily work would get done differently for each class. A game designer walks through the office, town, or publishing company's warehouse, looking for and accumulating ideas, but gets attacked by writer's block in the form of demons or somesuch creature. The same type of thing for the artist, but they'd also travel in nature among other places. Maybe even for the programmer, but he/she would be doing this kind of thing on the computer also.

The story primarily takes place between NPC and PC interaction. I don't know how to fit a party into this game. It might be possible, once the PC is a higher level, to give the PC a coworker to lead or something. There might be a quest or two about training the new employees. I'm sure there are tons of ideas in this relatively untouched genre.

Edit: And of course the game would have a couple well-written romance storylines... that don't necessarily end in coitus. I'm drawing the line here, either the romance is well-written and well thought out, or it isn't in the game at all. This is either a serious pillar of the game, or it isn't in the game. There is no middle ground if you want a good game with romance in it.

But srsly, this game won't get made. I liked thinking of ideas for it though.

I like it. :teehee:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of games (wow, what a segue -- I'm GOOD) I'm trying to set up a game on my site, and if anyone would like to participate, please feel free to check it out.

http://dodger.uselessopinions.com/?p=29

Basically, it's like a massively multiplayer choose-your-own-aventure game. I want to play with how it works and see if I can't figure out a way to get more player interaction in there.

Check out the post for more details, if you're interested in playing.

~ Mike Stout

d3banner.jpg

I hope the one with nurses wins.

Fortunately, it did win! Now people are choosing the character to play. I think I'm going to update it based on the winner sometime today. After that I'll be updating it on Mondays and Thursdays.

Here's the link: http://dodger.uselessopinions.com/?cat=7 (that takes you right to the game)

Or you can just check the general site page.

~ Mike Stout

d3banner.jpg