My variant Sorcerer

Sand

This is my Sorcerer varient inspired by Monte Cook's style in Arcana Evolved. Hmmm... I wonder how translatable it would be for NWN2.

Tell me what you guys think!

EDIT: Ignore Defense, Reputation, and Action Points. Those are aspects specifically for my Sphere campaign.

Sorcerer.pdf

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

*zzoooooooom!*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Zoom?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

How is it nerfed?

How is it nerfed?

It wasn't a description, it was a command.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

How so? I wanted to make the Sorcerer class more on par with the Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved classes. Withthe Sorcerer being the weakest class in Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e it needed a bit of sprucing. What part of my sorcerer makes it over powered compared to the Magister or the Mage Blade?

*zzoooooooom!*

As in over my head.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

How so? I wanted to make the Sorcerer class more on par with the Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved classes. Withthe Sorcerer being the weakest class in Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e it needed a bit of sprucing. What part of my sorcerer makes it over powered compared to the Magister or the Mage Blade?

Are you kidding?

Sorcerers are fantastically powerful. :)

They are the weakest base class in the game. Lowest Hit Die possible, one class ability, only one good save, weakest BAB, and only simple weapons proficiency. If it wasn't for their spells a commoner can take them out. Sure their spells make them a bit tougher, but once they are spent, they are spent. Besides I gave my sorcerer variant a much slower spell progresion than the base sorcerer. As I said, my aim was to balance the classes tot he Monte Cook classes in Arcana Evolved. Do you seriously think that this Sorcerer is more powerful than a Totem Warrior or the Oathsworn?

Are you nuts?

Quit looking at "just" the numbers.

All classes are customized by their feat selection, and Sorcerers have access to feats that give them unparalleled power.

Being able to convert any spell slot (or in some cases 2 slots) into any other spell is unbelievable versatility.

Quit being a mega munchkin. :ninja:

Next you'll start saying that Fighters are weak because all they get are bonus feats. :tongue:

Besides I gave my sorcerer variant a much slower spell progresion than the base sorcerer.

Which makes it unplayable in my opinion... Sorcerers are spellcasters... and spellcasters need spells. :)

I'll stick to the vanilla sorcerer. :D

You haven't read any of the Arcana Evolved classes have you? It seems you are trying to balance this sorcerer to the base classes in the PHB while I am not.

You haven't read any of the Arcana Evolved classes have you? It seems you are trying to balance this sorcerer to the base classes in the PHB while I am not.

I prefer to avoid third party nonsense. It's rarely balanced and usually conflicts with WotC's stuff. :thumbsup:

I prefer to avoid third party nonsense. It's rarely balanced and usually conflicts with WotC's stuff. :thumbsup:

Then you're missing out on some very fun stuff. Arcana Evolved seems like a great time (I've read up on it lots but haven't played), and Iron Heroes does some things that really need to get into the next official D&D update (like making your hero an actual super awesome dude and not a guy who is really good at finding magic items).

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

I haven't read much on Iron Heroes, but Arcana Evolved kicks major arse. It also mixes with base d20 quite well. Also, WotC is not the best dource for d20. Sad but true. Best places for the d20 System are Malhavoc Press, The Game Mechanics, and Necromancer Games.

This is neat. It's turning into a regular dogfight up there.

-Elwood Blues

Man, I am glad I didn't show Darque my Wizard and Monk redo.

1. Too front-loaded. I would not give the sorcerer Bloodline Manifestation at 1st level; instead, delay the ability to 3rd level (which is pretty much a dead level for sorcerers) and adjust the progression accordingly. This also solves the issue I have with giving both Bloodline Manifestation and Sorcery at 10th level (avoid giving two such features at one level).

2. d6 HD is fine; this was the designers' intent in the first place

3. I don't really understand why you haven't rolled up Innuendo into Bluff as per 3.5 revision (and yes, I know this is not intended for 3.5, but you do have other house rules). From my experience, no one EVER takes the skill by itself.

4. Bloodline Manifestations are far from being internally balanced. You need to work on balancing the benefits, or assign a minimum level to each Manifestation.

5. I also feel that 6 sorceries is too much - that's more than bonus wizard feats per the core rules, and sorceries seem to be on par with feats, and more powerful in some cases. In case you decide to keep all 6, you need to provide a bigger list of available sorceries - as is, the player will have taken 6 of 7 options by 22nd level.

6. Stylized Arcane is worthless mechanically which means that it is not balanced with the other benefits; take a look at the revised Spell Thematics feat from Player's Guide to Faer

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

It is still a work in progress, like most campaigns. :sorcerer:

Due to popular demand, my take on the monk. Its not exactly a monk because its abilities can be focused on using melee weapons instead of unarmed attacks but it gives the player a lot of choices in making an unique character.

Martialist.pdf

Its base off a technique in The Game Mechanics Martial Arts Mayhem. If you run d20 Modern, get that book. Its very good. In fact I highly recommend The Game Mechanics for all their material. For a third party they know the game very well and are decent designers and writers.

DMing is really fun. All the work that I do is that I plan out the series of events prior of the campaign starting, helps if you make up a calender for your world, and have things happen at certain temporal points. Beyond that let the players go dff to do what they want. Hilarity ensues! If they ignore the big bad who has set into motion to destroy the city, or at least do some major damage, and the PCs ignore him and the clues you lay out then so be it. Let the dice land where they lay!

Oh, due to some of the suggestions here this is the final version of the Sorcerer. Thanks for your guys' input!

Sorcerer.pdf

Edited by Sand