"Why I Hate Fantasy RPGs"

Diamond

I think I in adverdently made a drizzt clone, though he is a moon elf and not a drow. See the picture thread for the pics of him.

I am so ashamed. :'(

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I can never seem to help myself at making a Drizzt-pattered character if I make an elf - :blush10: - at least looks-wise. Not always abilities wise.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Dual wielding swords does not make you a Drizzt clone. :yes:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I name mine Gwenwyver and I run around saying "Forsooth, verily, maiden."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Repressing... i.... urge... to murder.

Killing Drizzt the first time was a labour of love. Giving me the chance to kill him AND all his geeky friends was sweet of the programmers. Having his even geekier mates take his stuff off me a second time was just embarassing. It was one of those occasions where I woud have preferred to be in a pen and paper rpg. Because I'd have EATEN that stupid bloody elf and see if they could resurrect him after THAT. And used his skull asa chamberpot. That way even if they did somehow succeed he'd always know that I'd pooped in his braincase.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Repressing... i.... urge... to murder.

Killing Drizzt the first time was a labour of love. Giving me the chance to kill him AND all his geeky friends was sweet of the programmers. Having his even geekier mates take his stuff off me a second time was just embarassing. It was one of those occasions where I woud have preferred to be in a pen and paper rpg. Because I'd have EATEN that stupid bloody elf and see if they could resurrect him after THAT. And used his skull asa chamberpot. That way even if they did somehow succeed he'd always know that I'd pooped in his braincase.

LOLZ!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

It's one of the best parts of BG1 and BG2. The satisfaction of killing a muppet and his merry band of munchkins.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It's one of the best parts of BG1 and BG2. The satisfaction of killing a muppet and his merry band of munchkins.

It certainly was. When people looked back at my character it would be to simply say that whatever her other faults, like becoming the Goddess of Murder, she did understand whhat was right and wrong. Namely killing Drizzt was right. Cretin.

"Oooh... what a merry dance!" I ask you. Who WOULDN'T kill someone like that? The queen would kill someone like that at a garden party. Which a canape. Using only her inspired fury.

A hero? Don't make me laugh. There wasn't one evil plan I've foiled which wouldn't be better than spending half an hour in that simpering idiot's company. I'd rather be eaten by capuchin monkeys.

*pure incandescent rage*

In fact I'm dangerously close to playing it all over again JUST SO I CAN KILL HIM.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't see what everyone has against Drizzt. Sure, he's cliched, but what isn't in the Forgotten Realms? I mean, I've never read any Drizzt books, and I've only run into him a few times in CRPGs, but those incidents were quickly done even if it didn't come to violence, which, unless he had something I was compelled to kill him to take, I didn't attack Drizzt anyhow.

The original idea of some sort of evil race spawning a good guy didn't begin and end with Drizzt. I just don't see why everyone hates the guy so much.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!