Ray gun makes targets feel as if they are on fire

Eddo36

Whatever happened to the good ol' Death Ray projects?

What's with this trend of watering down everything lately...

Ever since we tried making the neutron bomb so we could keep peoples' real estate and everyone bitched, we've had to play nice nice. :angry:

That's why you disguised the Death Star 3 as a Galactical Candy Bar

IB1OsQq.png

"All gibberish, all the time."

"Obsidian forums: fair and balanced gibberish."

It's never non-lethal, Meta. Any low energy system can hit a weak person, or get amplified by a third factor and wind up getting somebody killed.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I BET IT WILL CAUSE CANCER LATERON! :-" STOP THESE RETARDED WARS! :angry: :'(

REALLY, THOSE STUPID MILLITARY BASTERDS SHOULD PLAY COMMAND & CONQUER AND SAVE THE THOUSANDS OF BILLIONS WASTED FOR MILITARY EUQUPMENT AND WARS FOR FOOD, HEALTH AND EDUCATION PROGRAMS INSTEAD!

I KNOW YOU DONT CARE BUT ONE DAY THE SINS OF THE PAST WILL CREEP UP ON YOU!

:blink:

Edited by The Coordinator

It's never non-lethal, Meta. Any low energy system can hit a weak person, or get amplified by a third factor and wind up getting somebody killed.

I believe that is covered by the SEP

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I BET IT WILL CAUSE CANCER LATERON!  :o"  STOP THESE RETARDED WARS!  :angry:  :'(

REALLY, THOSE STUPID MILLITARY BASTERDS SHOULD PLAY COMMAND & CONQUER AND SAVE THE THOUSANDS OF BILLIONS WASTED FOR MILITARY EUQUPMENT AND WARS FOR FOOD, HEALTH AND EDUCATION PROGRAMS INSTEAD!

;)

They need to learn to play Global Thermonuclear War.. The war to end all wars and the cost will be cheap. No more exotic expensive weapon development.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I BET IT WILL CAUSE CANCER LATERON!  :)"  STOP THESE RETARDED WARS!  :angry:  :'(

:aiee:

Indeed, education programs need a funds injection, real bad.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I BET IT WILL CAUSE CANCER LATERON!  :-"  STOP THESE RETARDED WARS!  :angry:  :'(

:aiee:

:thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 1 year later...

And Denver buys a Ray-Gun...

http://www.khow.com/cc-common/podcast/sing...show_boyles.xml

I am having problem finding a good source to verify this but it seems that Homeland Security is paying for this little toy. I'm going to see if our techs working with Raytheon can verify this. Probably not. In any event...I'm going to be at the DNC to take readings on this weapon ( I'm not sure if use of this weapon violates the US Posse Comititus laws or not ). If Denver possesses this weapon, I'm quite sure that they will fire it. All it takes is a little encouragement :wink: .

Hey Pops!...want to come to Denver for the convention? I'll buy you lunch ( or dinner, whenever I can convence these Democrat maggots to fire their new toy. ) How about a side bet? I'll bet you $50.00 that our s***-stain Democrat Mayor and our equally butt-sniffing Govenor fire this weapon on an unarmed crowd of protesters within the time-frame of the convention. I further predict that it will be in Civic Center Park. I'm gonna be there to take readings on Denver's new toy. Can I expect to see you there ( if you want to take this portion of the bet, your ass needs to be there with me when the gun fires. No guts no glory m****r-f***er )? I believe that I know how to shield against millimeter waves. Unfortunately, my shielding will deflect the waves off of me toward those nearest me. That's just a risk you will have to take :smile:. I also think that I can reflect the millimeter waves back at the transmitter ( and those operating it ). Do you have the stones to take the chance?

Come on Pops...pretend that you have a pair! You're a liberal. Quit buying your underwear at Victoria's Secrets and join me at the Great Peoples' Protest and see how liberals treat their fellow man when the chips are against them. Libs are supposed to have a 'record' of demonstration against authority. This is your chance to give 'The Man' the finger.

Where's your nuts? Where they belong or in the hands of Homeland Security?

My guess is that, as a liberal, you've handed them off to the Goverment for safe-keeping.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Thanks Tarna. I always enjoy looking back at past posts on various forums and wondering what the hell I was thinking at the time. :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

And Denver buys a Ray-Gun...

http://www.khow.com/cc-common/podcast/sing...show_boyles.xml

I am having problem finding a good source to verify this but it seems that Homeland Security is paying for this little toy. I'm going to see if our techs working with Raytheon can verify this. Probably not. In any event...I'm going to be at the DNC to take readings on this weapon ( I'm not sure if use of this weapon violates the US Posse Comititus laws or not ). If Denver possesses this weapon, I'm quite sure that they will fire it. All it takes is a little encouragement :wink: .

Hey Pops!...want to come to Denver for the convention? I'll buy you lunch ( or dinner, whenever I can convence these Democrat maggots to fire their new toy. ) How about a side bet? I'll bet you $50.00 that our s***-stain Democrat Mayor and our equally butt-sniffing Govenor fire this weapon on an unarmed crowd of protesters within the time-frame of the convention. I further predict that it will be in Civic Center Park. I'm gonna be there to take readings on Denver's new toy. Can I expect to see you there ( if you want to take this portion of the bet, your ass needs to be there with me when the gun fires. No guts no glory m****r-f***er )? I believe that I know how to shield against millimeter waves. Unfortunately, my shielding will deflect the waves off of me toward those nearest me. That's just a risk you will have to take :smile:. I also think that I can reflect the millimeter waves back at the transmitter ( and those operating it ). Do you have the stones to take the chance?

Come on Pops...pretend that you have a pair! You're a liberal. Quit buying your underwear at Victoria's Secrets and join me at the Great Peoples' Protest and see how liberals treat their fellow man when the chips are against them. Libs are supposed to have a 'record' of demonstration against authority. This is your chance to give 'The Man' the finger.

My guess is that, as a liberal, you've handed them off to the Goverment for safe-keeping.

I was going to yell at whoever brought this thread back from the dead, but because your post was so full of awesome I shall restrain myself. :ermm:

Less-than-lethal. It's a weapon, and being hit with it is BAD, but it's better than a bullet.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I BET IT WILL CAUSE CANCER LATERON! :lol:" STOP THESE RETARDED WARS! :angry: :'(

:ermm:

haha, burn.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

ROFL

Twitter | @Insevin

I thought this reeked of bulls**t. Penetration of radiation is not just a function of frequency but also of intensity. You can safely talk on your cell phone with it's minimal power output but stand in front of a high powered repeater that runs at the same frequency and you won't be having any children. Some of the sites I work around require us to wear a gizmo that constantly monitors how much wattage we are being exposed to and will alarm at a set 'danger level'.

Penetrate skin to 1/64th of an inch at what range and what power level and over what period of time? Stand on top of that antenna for 10 minutes and let me know how you feel. Do you guys know what Rocky Mountain Oysters are? :no:

i'm guessing there's a point at which the "skin effect" takes over and microwave radiation won't penetrate certain materials beyond a certain depth. the same thing happens with current in a wire, and is a big reason most electrical cords are braided rather than solid conductors (besides flexibility). more, smaller, strands equates to a higher cross-sectional conduction area.

mm waves range from 30 GHz (10 mm) to 300 GHz (1 mm), btw.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, disabled people are so much easier to kill.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

I thought this reeked of bulls**t. Penetration of radiation is not just a function of frequency but also of intensity. You can safely talk on your cell phone with it's minimal power output but stand in front of a high powered repeater that runs at the same frequency and you won't be having any children. Some of the sites I work around require us to wear a gizmo that constantly monitors how much wattage we are being exposed to and will alarm at a set 'danger level'.

Penetrate skin to 1/64th of an inch at what range and what power level and over what period of time? Stand on top of that antenna for 10 minutes and let me know how you feel. Do you guys know what Rocky Mountain Oysters are? :(

i'm guessing there's a point at which the "skin effect" takes over and microwave radiation won't penetrate certain materials beyond a certain depth. the same thing happens with current in a wire, and is a big reason most electrical cords are braided rather than solid conductors (besides flexibility). more, smaller, strands equates to a higher cross-sectional conduction area.

mm waves range from 30 GHz (10 mm) to 300 GHz (1 mm), btw.

taks

Ever cook a burger in the microwave :wink: ?

The gathering of electrons as a surface effect of a conductor is different from the penetration of a sinoidial waveform. Intensity at point of reception and duration are the key factors here. These waves ( like microwaves ) work by increasing molecular activity by stimulating the water in a substance. Even if the 'skin effect' were in effect here, the skin would soon boil off all of it's water and become dead. As the outer skin was being heated, it would conduct heat inward ( and some outward ) in the form of simple heat ( BTUs ) causing further damage to the interior of the body. The resultant 'skin' might act as a barrier to further exposure but having 1/64th of an inch burned off of my body sounds like a 'really' bad case of sunburn.

Been playing with my microwave oven and various metals to see which ones react when grounded and hit with microwaves. Gold, tin and iron break down the waves into radio waves and current ( voltage ). Aluminum, copper, brass and zinc do not seem to break the waves down ( at least to the point of creating current flow although all except aluminum 'warm' under exposure ). Just remembered that I haven't tried silver yet.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.