Luke's Hair

I just thought of asking why is Luke's hair brown in the movies but blonde in other places

such as in

Jedi acadamy and Lego starwars

also action figues were made with Luke having blonde hair

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

because those who made him were colourblind..

or maybe he dyed his hair often to confuse his enemies?

who knows.. but more importantly - who cares? (no offence intended - just wondering why something as trivial as the colour of hair on LEGO figures bothers you)

Fortune favors the bald.

it doesn't it just annoying I was just wonderring if Luke accually died his hair or if it was just inconsistency

besides characters sould be consistant, if not whats the point if they are essibly changed into somthing thier not.

P.S. Theres a thread on the Jedi and thier robes at the exile's trial in the forums which is also a triveal matter.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

I'm thinking that the designers were a bit careless in their research.. or used a picture of Mark Hamilton where he's blond to model after.. and probably never noticed, or simply didn't care to correct their mistake..

Action Figures sometimes get shipped with warped colours - I think that whatever machine colours the little buggers sometimes distribute a different colour than the designers had in mind .. especially if several colours are mixed to create the desired one.. I'm guessing that's what happened..

But I don't think you'll find anyone who knows for sure here..

Fortune favors the bald.

It is just speculation but maybe they intended Luke to have Blonde hair in the films, but discovered it didn't look right on screen tests and changed it to brown. (Or someone knew Luke and Leia where meant to be twins and pointed out that they should have the same colour hair). It could also be the case that Mark Hamlton had to dye his hair for something he did before filming Starwars and no one told the toy makers when they were making the toys. I know they had a similar problem in Return of the Jedi, Lukes lightsabre was meant to be blue in the film, but they changed it to green so it would show up against the sky on Jabba the Huts sail barge at the last minute. Unfortunatly no one told the toy makers so there are a couple of toys shipped with Luke holding a blue sabre, not green.

As to the different colours in games and comics, well if some of the toys have blonde hair it could be as simple as the artists using those figures for referance-this would make sense as it would be easier to use models you can pose, pick up and turn around than to go off a picture/screen shot. They might also change the hair colour in some cases if it was proving hard to tell who was who in comics. One of the reasons comic book characters wear brightly coloured outfits is so you can tell them apart, something that wouldn't work with Starwars characters (one or two exceptions aside, such as Boba Fett and Chewbacca).

Mark Hamill's hair colour is brown but it's a very light brown that almost passes off as blonde. Perhaps that's the source of the confusion.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I always thought his hair was dirty blonde. Brownish, yellowish. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I always thought his hair was dirty blonde. Brownish, yellowish.  :)

this

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Don't forget that he was in the Tatoonine sun alot. That can give you blond hair. His has color but it could have been bleached from sun light. After he gets out of the sun, it will go brown again but not full brown.

I am sure some people can be seen to have lost sight of this and made it the wrong color at the wrong times. Also, some people have blond hair when they are younger that turns brown later.

Edited by Watchman

He dyes his hair. Seeing as he's such a big sissy and all.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: