NWN2: The NPC's AI

Danath

I don't know if it the same bug that keeps pestering me, but I noticed that whenever I change party members outside the Sunken Flagon Inn (like in some scripted events or when you get your castle), the newly added partymembers seems to be stuck in "Puppet Mode" and no changing of settings seems to work. Only workaround that I found so far is to visit the Sunken Flagon Inn, after which the "dumb" party members seems to pick up their brains and act normally (normally for their AI anyway).

Annoying, but hopefully fixed some day :rolleyes:

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I ran into this as well. My party turned into slack-jawed idiots as soon as we stepped into the Moonstone Mask.

Try using the "follow me" or "defend me" scripts by right-clicking on the screen (not on any particular party member) and selecting the "broadcast command" option. That gave my AI the kick in the ass it needed and fixed the bug when it came up.

I don't know if it the same bug that keeps pestering me, but I noticed that whenever I change party members outside the Sunken Flagon Inn (like in some scripted events or when you get your castle), the newly added partymembers seems to be stuck in "Puppet Mode" and no changing of settings seems to work. Only workaround that I found so far is to visit the Sunken Flagon Inn, after which the "dumb" party members seems to pick up their brains and act normally (normally for their AI anyway).

Annoying, but hopefully fixed some day  :rolleyes:

I already check about "Puppet Mode" again

all of my partymembers of this is close but

allbody just like open this mode!

i try many time that have the same answer

they all stay there even someone attack them!

i don't know how to continue my save

Annoying, but hopefully fixed some day  :)

I already check about "Puppet Mode" again

all of my partymembers of this is close but

allbody just like open this mode!

i try many time that have the same answer

they all stay there even someone attack them!

i don't know how to continue my save

Try visiting the Sunken Flagon as Gorth suggested. It's in the Dock District of Neverwinter in case you've forgotten.

manthing2.jpg

This reminds me of my whining about crazy party members. Well, after killing orcs at Old Owl Well my problem did not return. No more attacking casters if they hurt my team with their AoE spells. Good, now I can keep Qara with me again. KILLING POWER!

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The Commands you can give to NPCs have a higher priority* than the AI (Behavior) settings each may have, and this is what is being reset (to Stand Ground) sometimes when you reconfigure your party at various places.

Unfortunately Stand Ground seems to turn off AI. In other games, like Age of Empires 2, Stand Ground meant don't move from that position, but attack anyone who is within range. Why the devs didn't do this for NWN2 is beyond me. Then again, developers these days never seem to think things through completely.

Follow Me would work better if the NPCs could detect nearby enemies faster. As it is, they'll run up to the player character and stand around for up to a full round before engaging anyone in combat. (This weakness in the AI also appears when NPCs attack a target that has already fallen in death earlier in the round.)

*This means your NPCs will follow your Command by using the Behavior you defined for them, except in the case of Stand Ground which seems to incorrectly disable their AI altogether.

Edit: many small changes, too early in the morning, headache, etc.

Edited by Wistrik