New Mass Effect Video

angshuman

I want this game so bad. The video sucked though, for me at least. It was all laggy and like, four advertisements came before it. Stupid MTV.

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

But he has lost it, but that was before joining this forum.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Apparantly, Australia is part of the US then :o

Looked like Unreal Tournament meets Starsiege Tribes.

Edit: Perhaps "Outside the US" means Canada and Mexico?

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Why check Australia?  It's not like they have teh internets.

Well, they do, but sheesh it's crappy. It really shows, that there has been no competition for Telstra. It's their terms or no terms... :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Got the video to work for me though. Looks like the combat has become even more action-oriented.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Looks like KOTOR combat; but 1 million times better. WOOHOO!!! :joy:  :joy:  :joy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwoAvsCrN_A

P.S. I'm kinda iffy on the music chosen for this video. :crazy:

I don't know, trigger-happy combat which is similar to gears of war is a little bit a hit or miss IMO. Remember Bloodlines?

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Does GOW use stats that help determine an attack's success> I thought GOW was 100% action?

Bloodlines' comabt wans't so good; but I'm hoping ME would make the same mistakes that Action RPG made...

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Does GOW use stats that help dedtemrine an attack's success> I thought GOW was 100% action?

Bloodlines' comabt wans't so good; but I'm hoping ME would make the same mistakes that Action RPG made...

I wasn't implying that Gears of War combat == Mass Effect combat. I merely said that they were similar. And yes, i hope that it will not be the same as Bloodlines either.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Did Bloodlines have auto-target-locking? From the video, ME seems to have auto-aiming.

It'll probably (hopefully) be a toggle function, as I believe it was in Bloodlines. Or perhaps it's some kind of pseudo-free-aim lock and shoot deal. I just hope there are more weapons than just that shotgun. Time will tell.

I didn't find Bloodlines' ranged combat system to be counterintuitive, my problem was that they had castrated it for 90% of the enemies. Like all Troika games, the combat was not balanced very well. Perhaps a limitation of the source material, but still, they could've given it some teeth.

Edited by Pop

It works in Sweden.

But DAMN that game looks crappy! I really hope that planet they were on was one of the most generic places in the entire game. It looked so dull and uninspired! The combat.. I have no idea how fun it is to play, but it sure looks boring to me. And stiff. And the physics looks insane. And the character models are unbelievably ugly. The whole thing reminded me of MDK2, if anyone remembers that old game, down to the unrealistically thin extremities on the models and the aim reticule on some of the weapons.

All in all, an extremely unflattering video of a game that sounds too cool to be true.. on paper.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It looks cool. Other than that though, who knows. :bat:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

That video was lame. And why did this huge machine-creature-thingy just stood there, awaiting teh blaster shots? It should move and bring the player to sweat.

Combat looks not very challenging. Bio should either do a proper FPS or a proper tactical RPG combat system. I don't like combining RPGs with action combat, just look what happened with Kotor.

I dunno, RPG and FPS elements can be combined to great effect. I think of Deus Ex. But this is a TPS, which is different.

At this point, I'd count on the eventual death of "RPG tactical combat" relatively soon. The continuous-turn-based-with-pause systems are sucking, and they can't very well revert to full TB, with RPGs moving onto consoles more and more. They're going to try and find a way to make RT combat work, but I haven't seen any so far that can function without detracting from the RPG elements of the game.

I dunno, RPG and FPS elements can be combined to great effect. I think of Deus Ex. But this is a TPS, which is different.

At this point, I'd count on the eventual death of "RPG tactical combat" relatively soon. The continuous-turn-based-with-pause systems are sucking, and they can't very well revert to full TB, with RPGs moving onto consoles more and more. They're going to try and find a way to make RT combat work, but I haven't seen any so far that can function without detracting from the RPG elements of the game.

It's all about how effective you implement it. DA is gonna have a tactical RPG combat system, and if done well, I'M gonna enjoy it.

Deus Ex and Bloodlines were fine too, I just hate games based on a ruleset and then add this action-layer on it. Kotor was based on d20 Modern? So what? Nobody cared, you just clicked and watched. Looking at the ME video, it seems Bio makes the same failure again: Adding stats and skills and feats and whatever just for the sake that the so called RPG fans shut up, but then turning it into this unchallenging arcade-style shoot-em-up fest.

As I said, I love good action, but then it should be done properly.