NWN2: Toolset Creations

Oerwinde

Just how fast is fast hero?  (w00t)

Depends on the level :o

For those that don't know, they are the basic classes for d20 Modern.

My project is (hopefully) going to use a rule set based on my own design; unless it gets too hard, or people really, really want d20 Modern (and some of the d20 Future supplemental stuff) ported.

NWN_riverhouse.jpg

We've begun making the first batch of trial modules to try out the features before beginning our grand project.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Hi Maria,

I think I've figured out the alignment restriction flags. Assuming your examples are correct, the breakdown I did of the alignment bits seem right to me. From high-order to low-order, the AlignRestrict bits seem to be:

0x10 = Evil

0x08 = Good

0x04 = Chaotic

0x02 = Lawful

0x01 = Neutral (affected by the AlignRestrictType flag, see below).

Note: Those are alignment restrictions. i.e. If you set the AlignRestrict field to be 0x10, that means you cannot select evil characters, so you can only choose neutral or good characters.

0x01 (Neutral) is a bit more complex. That's affected by the AlignRestrictType flags. If you don't care about restricting neutrality in any way, I believe the AlignRestrictType flag serves no purpose. If the Neutral bit is set, here's how the AlignRestrictType flag affects it:

0x02 = Restricts LN, N, CN

0x01 = Restricts NG, N, NE

You can also set the AlignRestrictType flag to 0x03, in which case it will affect both axes as you expect; i.e. it will restrict NG, LN, N, CN, NE.

It's easiest to visualise this as the standard 3x3 alignment grid:

LG NG CG

LN N CN

LE NE CE

Setting any AlignRestrict bit will then restrict an entire horizontal or vertical row of the grid:

0x10 = Evil (invalidates bottom row)

0x08 = Good (invalidates top row)

0x04 = Chaotic (invalidates right column)

0x02 = Lawful (invalidates left column)

0x01/0x01 = Neutral/Restrict Good+Evil (invalidates middle column)

0x01/0x02 = Neutral/Restrict Lawful+Chaotic (invalidates middle row)

0x01/0x03 = Neutral/Restrict G+E+L+C (invalidates middle column and middle row)

I've whipped up a Google Spreadsheets document to try to make things easier: Alignment Bits on Google Spreadsheets

The sorta dumb thing is that the alignment bitfield actually uses 8 bits right now: (1) evil, (2) good, (3) chaotic, (4) lawful, (5) neutral, (6) neutral restrict LC, (7) neutral restrict GE, (8) invert. Since there's only 9 possible alignments, it would be far simpler and take less space to just use 5 bits to store the information, with each bit being a boolean flag for each of the LG/NG/CG/LN/N/CN/LE/NE/CE alignments :-). I'm a little puzzled as to why Obsidian/BioWare chose this 8-bit encoding for restricting alignments.

Note: in four of your examples (non-evil = 0x10, any chaotic or evil = 0x14, non-good = 0x08, and non-lawful = 0x02), the AlignRestrictType shouldn't have any effect, even though they're set to different values in all four of those cases. Perhaps the game engine requires the AlignRestrictType to be non-zero, or I've interpreted it slightly wrongly.

Hope that's slightly useful for someone... now, back to procrastinating to see if I can get these pesky Genasi races enabled...

--

% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save <http://www.algorithm.com.au/>

Since there's only 9 possible alignments, it would be far simpler and take less space to just use 5 bits to store the information, with each bit being a boolean flag for each of the LG/NG/CG/LN/N/CN/LE/NE/CE alignments :p).  I'm a little puzzled as to why Obsidian/BioWare chose this 8-bit encoding for restricting alignments.

Is it stored as a global variable? Maybe it is a hang-over from the Aurora engine?

Good information, thanks.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The sorta dumb thing is that the alignment bitfield actually uses 8 bits right now: (1) evil, (2) good, (3) chaotic, (4) lawful, (5) neutral, (6) neutral restrict LC, (7) neutral restrict GE, (:wub: invert.  Since there's only 9 possible alignments, it would be far simpler and take less space to just use 5 bits to store the information, with each bit being a boolean flag for each of the LG/NG/CG/LN/N/CN/LE/NE/CE alignments :aiee:).  I'm a little puzzled as to why Obsidian/BioWare chose this 8-bit encoding for restricting alignments.

I'm not quite sure I understand you correctly, but wouldn't you use 9 bits if every bit is a bit field for one alignment?

Getting slightly back out of binaryville, has anybody done some work on adding the Genasi races into the original campaign? I've been meaning to do some work on them (along with a couple of the other Forgotten Realms races, like Orogs and Fey'ri), but was kinda being lazy and hoping that somebody else had done the work for me ;-). If not, I'm happy to get hacking.

(Oddly enough, I did hack up a half-erinyes race for NWN1; I never expected others to have the same tastes as moi. They're just so much more interesting than Succubi.)

Hey all,

Im trying to edit the drow race to use the succubus outfit, for a charismatic seductive female sorcerer (that was created through an experiment with a drow and the essence of a succubus), who tries to escape her heritage (because of the west harbour incident).

Ive been fiddling around with the appearance.2da file; and succeeded in swapping the heads with human ones to use lord badmagics retextured human head to look like the above profile, but i cant get the body to show up... how can i do this? :p

Btw im borrowing a friends copy (getting mine for x-mas) so i dont have a useable cd-key for nwn2 custom content forums in case your wondering why im asking here...