KOTOR2 TSL The Movie

Hello everyone,

So the other day I was playing through the second KOTOR II (Knights of the Old Republic 2, PC), just wanting to experience the story again. And I came with the best idea ever, how great would it be to enjoy this story again without having to invest so much time in playing...?

I thought of an idea... edit together the game's cinemas and important chats (with your party and npcs) and some in game footage to create a 'movie' based on it.

Well, I did the first Peragus section, opened with the crawl and their first cinema, then before editing I logged and captured my game, taking my time and doing what I could to pass the level while making it look cool.

Loaded it in my system, try to give it as a more realistic gritty feel (the cgi cinema movies benefited best from this), edited the opening section and used real SW music and the KOTOR2 music to edit it all together, and it looked really nice.

Wondering if anyone would be interested in this... It'll take some time, maybe I can get some clips up soon!

PS. But It was not here I started the project, so I've worked more the text above was copied from the forum I started it. Anyway, I'm still working on it But I've great news the teaser is done.

If you are interested in this, please watch my teaser at youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzgxbvZzAVE

#Lord2, The second lord

TSLRCM, the mod that Wookieepedia doesn't want you to know about:

http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

*gets reminded of the ugliness of the HUD... and why the hell OE removed the option to remove them from SS implented in Kotor 1.02* :dancing:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

^

You might wish to delete a http://k ; and even then the link does not work :?

(Considering your hour ended; either repost... or ask a mod to alter the link to the correct one?)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

^Was it the irritating Padme speech for Bastila one?

Hello everyone,

So the other day I was playing through the second KOTOR II (Knights of the Old Republic 2, PC), just wanting to experience the story again. And I came with the best idea ever, how great would it be to enjoy this story again without having to invest so much time in playing...?

I thought of an idea... edit together the game's cinemas and important chats (with your party and npcs) and some in game footage to create a 'movie' based on it.

Well, I did the first Peragus section, opened with the crawl and their first cinema, then before editing I logged and captured my game, taking my time and doing what I could to pass the level while making it look cool.

Loaded it in my system, try to give it as a more realistic gritty feel (the cgi cinema movies benefited best from this), edited the opening section and used real SW music and the KOTOR2 music to edit it all together, and it looked really nice.

Wondering if anyone would be interested in this... It'll take some time, maybe I can get some clips up soon!

PS. But It was not here I started the project, so I've worked more the text above was copied from the forum I started it. Anyway, I'm still working on it But I've great news the teaser is done.

#Lord2, The second lord

Why did the Telos Merc have Zes Kiel's :cat: (SP?) voice?

When the PC on Peragus said "lets take them out" it sounded weired.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Hello everyone,

#Lord2, The second lord

:joy:

Some answers to your questions...

Q: Interesting. Perhaps you were inspired by this guy?

A: Yes, I was. He hid so amazing job with his KOTOR trailer and he is not planning to make KOTOR2, So I tough why not make it myself. I've plenty of time and a lot of software, also much knowledge of the KOTOR serie

Q: Why did the Telos Merc have Zes Kiel's (SP?) voice?

A: I just wanted to hear Zez-Kai Ells voice, his dialog is good fitting with the trailer (So you have returned from exile) so the viewers understand that the the main char. is an exile of the order and the Telos Merc. face looked good to have that voice.

Q: When the PC on Peragus said "lets take them out" it sounded weired.

A: Yeah I know, there were 2 reasons. First I had a cold, so my voice changed second the microphone and the sofware i used was not very professional... The the film itself, will have a clean voice (not buzzing in the background).

If you have suggestions, questions or maby criticism/compliments feel free to write them.

...And for those who will get the movie faster finished, please feel free to spread the word.

#Lord2, the second lord

Edited by Lord2

Some answers to your questions...

Q: Interesting. Perhaps you were inspired by this guy?

A: Yes, I was. He hid so amazing job with his KOTOR trailer and he is not planning to make KOTOR2, So I tough why not make it myself. I've plenty of time and a lot of software, also much knowledge of the KOTOR serie

Q: Why did the Telos Merc have Zes Kiel's (SP?) voice?

A: I just wanted to hear Zez-Kai Ells voice, his dialog is good fitting with the trailer (So you have returned from exile) so the viewers understand that the the main char. is an exile of the order and the Telos Merc. face looked good to have that voice.

Q: When the PC on Peragus said "lets take them out" it sounded weired.

A: Yeah I know, there were 2 reasons. First I had a cold, so my voice changed second the microphone and the sofware i used was not very professional... The the film itself, will have a clean voice (not buzzing in the background).

If you have suggestions, questions or maby criticism/compliments feel free to write them.

...And for those who will get the movie faster finished, please feel free to spread the word.

#Lord2, the second lord

Okay that explains that... I thought the trial would have been a good part to use to show that the Exile was exiled... But it's a trailer, so it doesn't matter as much. Why not do the Exile's voice in Swedish? :thumbsup:

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I don't want to make you cry so I'll make this quick...

I thought it sucked, it didn't flow the music was just to soft, and didn't create anything needed in a trailer. How things were cut together didn't work, lips shouldn't be moving when you move into the next clip, half of what was said, took place before a clip that had just ran and well it made them all sound kinda well retarded. I did alot of screwing around with fan made WoW video's and you got some work ahead of you before this is any good.

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

The editing could use some work (not that I'm an big expert on video editing...), tis true, but it's not that bad. Also, YouTube's streaming process can be pretty notorious when it comes to de-synching videos - such might not be the author's fault.

I dunno...it's not polished, but it doesn't always have to be a professional looking piece to be fun. And I like the music, it works just fine. About half of the most popular WoW and AMV videos are actually pretty...well...crappy, but if they're fun, they're popular.

So I say...keep on working on it. If you like doing it, that is. :) I barely have the patience to make even inane and stupidly silly 30 second videos, let alone a whole "project", myself. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yea, I know the editing was not the best.. but I threw it altogether just before I got to sleep. And for some reason youtube has made the sound out of sync sometimes!

I edit videos a lot, so on the final released project expect some for quality for the movie, there I'll put some time on the time line and so further!

But I appreciate the criticism, that tells me what I should think about on the final project.. Anyway the movie itself should be released sometime during middle of 2007 (June, July or August...)

And some asked for Swedish voice..err..eh.. well the other voice actors don't have Swedish speech. But on the DVD I can always add swedish subtitles!

Edited by Lord2

Ok so yeah yesterday was a bad day, and well I've been sick it wasn't that bad really. Just need some cutting in different spots, and a few old school wipes that made stars wars what it is, how many times in the movies have you seen that lame ass paper ripping scene roll. Add a few of those, did you see the movie thats being made, where the guy has gone through all the audio and what not in both games and voiced his charecter into a movie.

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

Imagine Kreia speaking something close to being Egyptian or perhaps say German. Would be something to imagine about. Voice actor for her would need to have slightly different approach to characterising Kreia.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧