NWN2: Forumite Impressions

Darque

You might want to do the bandit camp first. That way Tor can heal your group if you get diseased.

Also, make sure that you save immediately after getting diseased as succeeding those fort. checks are harder at lower levels. I had Khelgar and Neeshka running around with 0 dex and con for about an hour.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I tend to do the Graveyard first. That way I can

convince the bandit chief to join forces with Fort Locke and have them gain reinforcements that they need

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Plus a lot of bags. :)

I haven't seen any magical bags of holding.

Have you been looking? :) They're there. You don't run across any in the dungeon crawls, to my knowledge. They're sold by merchants under the "miscellaneous" category.

There are tons and tons of magic bags all over the shops. The only way not to find them is if you dont look at a shop's catalogue.

I think I even found one in loot, because I didnt buy them and I still had one that I later sold. No, it wasn't BoH.

Given the amount of grief my companions give me, I have no problem treating them like the pack mules they are.

Having NPCs has many benefits, this being one of them. Plus you can let them do all of the front line fighting while you wait in the back casting spells or using ranged weapons.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Alone.......Im so utterly alone.....

So Im at the part where Im being sent off to Neverwinter all by my lonesome. Now that Ive had more time with the game the controls are slightly more usable. I know this is old hat to you all but I really liked seeing things in dialog like [diplomacy] or [lie] or [intimidate]. So far I

failed to convince that one coward outside to join in defending the farm, got the guy inside the house to join and I was able to get the Lizardfolk to give up the shard without a fight, which I though was cool as hell. I wonder what they will be asking for in return later on?

I also though it was kinda interesting that my elf stepfather actually managed to aggrivate me to the point that I threatened to "beat the hells out of him" at one point, lol. Having fun so far!

Edited by metadigital

Alone.......Im so utterly alone.....

So Im at the part where Im being sent off to Neverwinter all by my lonesome. Now that Ive had more time with the game the controls are slightly more usable. I know this is old hat to you all but I really liked seeing things in dialog like [diplomacy] or [lie] or [intimidate]. So far I

failed to convince that one coward outside to join in defending the farm, got the guy inside the house to join and I was able to get the Lizardfolk to give up the shard without a fight, which I though was cool as hell. I wonder what they will be asking for in return later on?

I also though it was kinda interesting that my elf stepfather actually managed to aggrivate me to the point that I threatened to "beat the hells out of him" at one point, lol. Having fun so far!

You won't be alone for too long. You'll pick up some friends soon enough. Your "stepfather" is an uppity SOB that would be fun to beat the hell out of. :p

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

His personality is unemotional, cold. The way he acted towards the death of Amiee and how he treated Brevik, friends of yours, is pretty sad. He might as well said "Get over it" to you when Amiee died.  :angry:

With someone that has suffered through his past as much as he has, it kind of makes sense.

He's unemotional and cold because events in his life made him that way.

Yeah, those two should be a good mix. :D

BTW, has anyone

given the companion NPCs a Prestige Class

? I'm thinking that

Druidic elf would make a fair Harper, and Neeska would be a good Duelist or ShadowDancer

His personality is unemotional, cold. The way he acted towards the death of Amiee and how he treated Brevik, friends of yours, is pretty sad. He might as well said "Get over it" to you when Amiee died.  :angry:

With someone that has suffered through his past as much as he has, it kind of makes sense.

He's unemotional and cold because events in his life made him that way.

Or maybe he created the events in his past by having the mood predispositions he has. :blink:"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT