NWN2 Interface Feedback and Requests

roshan

I like the camera. :'(

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

This may or may not have been addressed, but looking for help. I there a way to toogle fight next hostile when in large battel. I know tab will select new target but is there botton to indicate default attack action or to use slotted items in inventory. It is very combersom to find next target when there is a lot of Area Effect Spell going off. While waiting for NWN2 to come out I played Guild Wars and found there interface with battels to be very polished compared to NWN2.

Personally I find the weapon feat selection section list extremely messy. The interface simply lists down the entire feats for weapon focus, weapon specialization ect.

For example:

Weapon focus: Short sword

Weapon focus: Greatsword

Weapon focus: Mace

Weapon focus...

The list goes on.

To me it makes the entire list feel very discomforting to look at as it gives you the impression of being overwhelmed. The list even gets longer when you select exotic weapons feat or when you have access to improved critical feat, weapon specialization feat ect.

They should had used NWN's method of using sub categories instead. Displaying 'Weapon focus' feat as its own and upon selecting it then would you be asked to choose specifically which weapon would you like to apply the feat on.

Currently, despite the feats being neatly categorised (Class feats, combat feats ect) I feel it could be improved on in terms of organization and tidiness.

agreed on this one

IB1OsQq.png

Personally I find the weapon feat selection section list extremely messy. The interface simply lists down the entire feats for weapon focus, weapon specialization ect.

For example:

Weapon focus...

The list goes on.

To me it makes the entire list feel very discomforting to look at as it gives you the impression of being overwhelmed. The list even gets longer when you select exotic weapons feat or when you have access to improved critical feat, weapon specialization feat ect.

They should had used NWN's method of using sub categories instead. Displaying 'Weapon focus' feat as its own and upon selecting it then would you be asked to choose specifically which weapon would you like to apply the feat on.

Currently, despite the feats being neatly categorised (Class feats, combat feats ect) I feel it could be improved on in terms of organization and tidiness.

agreed on this one

I'll second that. I don't know why anyone whould prefer to have it the current way as opposed to the old NWN1 version which was much neater. :ermm:

For example:

Weapon focus...

The list goes on.

Its really quite ridiculous that NWN2 doesnt have this when the original did (and right out of the box, if I recall correctly.) Icewind Dale 2 may have had it as well.

This game shouldnt be on the shelves in its current condition.

For example:

Weapon focus...

The list goes on.

Its really quite ridiculous that NWN2 doesnt have this when the original did (and right out of the box, if I recall correctly.) Icewind Dale 2 may have had it as well.

This game shouldnt be on the shelves in its current condition.

thats what some people think, and then take the game back to the stores.

I know 7 people who bought it, and 3 gave it back.

(and 2 don't play it atleast till patch 4-5)

IB1OsQq.png

Don't you ever get tired of repeating yourself again and again? -_-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Don't you ever get tired of repeating yourself again and again? -_-

?

:)

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=708249

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=708199

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=708223

It might just be a coincidence that I read all three posts within 5 minutes of each other. Did sound a bit like a broken record :p

Not that people aren't entitled to oppinions, but you made it sound like the entire world was doing it :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

the game is entirely playable, it less bugs than nwn1 or any other RPG i've played and while some features such as quickslotting two weapons or a weapon and a shield are missing, they're hardly essential to enjoy nwn2. some silly design decisions aside (forcing npcs on you etc) nwn2 is exteremely playable in its current state.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

Don't you ever get tired of repeating yourself again and again? :lol:

?

:)

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=708249

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=708199

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=708223

It might just be a coincidence that I read all three posts within 5 minutes of each other. Did sound a bit like a broken record :huh:

Not that people aren't entitled to oppinions, but you made it sound like the entire world was doing it :)

in one i said there were some people who gave it back

in one i asked if there is an official list on how many they are who gave it back

and on the third i said how many i know who gave it back

not the same <_<

jorian is Hades too :o

No, I am Marduk.

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Anyone know of way to permanently turn Power Attack on? So far, my characters seem to be using it for 1-2 rounds and then they automatically deactivate it for some reason, even if their AI is set to Puppet Mode.  <_<

Not only that it takes hundreds of clicks on the PA button in order to get the attack mode to start up again. Sometimes my characters get killed while I am struggling with the PA button.

I havent played any game this buggy since Arcanum.

For me it only takes one click to get PA to start again. The thing is, it doesn't start until the next turn starts, regardless whether or not you have attacks left in the current one.

I still think Defensive Casting is way more problematic.

More information is needed in the inventory screen. Currently theres no way to tell how much resistance you have to different types of damage.

Stats such as AC and damage need to be broken down into more detailed information, such as dodge bonus, etc etc.