NWN2 Professional Reviews Thread

Volourn

Judging from the review itself, i found it somewhat interesting that they actually gave it a 9.0, due to the many complaints about performance and A.I.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This thread really is pointless.

Some people want to read the reviews before purchase, others like the mere numbers and statistics.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No, it's about sharing professional reviews so we can all read and digest. It's better than every single review from every site getting its own thread. :lol:

Meshugger: And, others like me, just want to read others' take on it. :thumbsup:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah, i forgot about the Volourn people :lol:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Gamespot's review is pretty fair, I think, relative to the rest of the PC scores (console scores seem very inflated on GS). They did, however, give Oblivion a 9.3, and I found that game a failure on many fronts... But then again, I'm probably not the target audience, and the production values on Oblivion, if nothing else, were higher than NWN 2.

There are doors

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

yeah, seems good so far. common complaints are seen as minor inconveniences by most, though some see them as major. well, a few see them as major. the AI problem is expected, and i think camera controls are an issue with just about any game, so no surprises here. also, the graphical issues seem to be more system related, and user perspective, which i'm willing to overlook in exchange for an immersive game, which most seem to agree on.

it isn't hard to improve on the NWN OC, and it seems they have succeeded in this respect. also, i'm not getting the impression that it is "run here, run there, solve 4 major quests for area i, then move on to area i+1, rinse, repeat" as it was in the OC (which was, IMO, the primary flaw with that story). i.e. it doesn't seem to be a bunch of identical stories with changes in the window dressing for each chapter. too early to tell on this point, however.

in the end, i'm playing it in the morning, maybe install tonight.

glory.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I really, really can't understand the complaints about the camera controls. I think they are fantastic. They work the same way as in Silent Storm. Press mouse wheel and you can tilt and spin the camera as much as you like and scrolling with the wheel zooms. I really can't see the awkwardness of this.

Maybe my experience with it in previous games has had an effect or maybe those complaining about it is playing in another mode than free camera (there are four different modes).

The camera is the least of my worries. I'm actually more worried about the graphics. Tomorrow we'll see what it looks like on a Radeon X1950XTX.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!