NWN2 Professional Reviews Thread

Volourn

Absolutely agreed 100%. :p That's definitely one of the worst reviews I've seen EVER. It's like he didn't try the game.

All I got out of it was D&D = bad. If D&D is bad to you, then don't play the game. LOL

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I was curious about the -- in the wake of newer, better alternatives -- line. What new and better alternatives? He can't mean Oblivion or Gothic 3 since he's complaining about the actual roleplaying (and neither of those have too much of that). So exactly what alternatives is he talking about?

;)

I didn't read the entire review, but the guy seems to complain about it being a crpg instead of an action game or what ?!? :huh:"

I think he might have compared it to Doom3 or Diablo or something.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I was curious about the -- in the wake of newer, better alternatives -- line. What new and better alternatives? He can't mean Oblivion or Gothic 3 since he's complaining about the actual roleplaying (and neither of those have too much of that). So exactly what alternatives is he talking about?

Half-Life 2, of course! ;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

He should go back to reviewing Super Mario Cart or games like that. :)

*Snickers* yeah, it's a shame they implemented so many of the D&D rules into a D&D game... it's nothing but trouble for the toolset users and PWs and stuff. :o

I'm not a fan of D&D (or D20, that is, I suppose) but even I think that if they're making a D&D game, they should implement (and adapt) as many of the PnP rules as possible.

A little? I was waiting for the guy to say that NWN2's better than sex.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Out of Box: NWN2 on Gamespy

Update: 11/02/06

As we've continued to progress through the game, we have encountered a "show-stopper" bug that has essentially brought our experience with the packaged campaign to a screeching halt. The bug in question seems to occur in situations where a cutscene is supposed to trigger. During these instances, the screen will go black for several seconds, and after the game resumes, it becomes impossible to progress in whatever quest you were engaged in. To divulge any further details would necessitate revealing some plot spoilers, so we'll hold off for now.

On the first occasion that we encountered this bug, an Obsidian rep recommended that we restart the client, reload an old save, and retry the bugged encounter. It worked, but during the second instance in which we encountered the bug, that same course of action yielded no favorable results. At the time of this update, Atari and Obsidian are yet to officially comment on the status of this bug, though from the looks of the official boards, several customers are reporting similar problems.

We'll keep you abreast of any future updates on this issue.

As we've continued to progress through the game, we have encountered a "show-stopper" bug that has essentially brought our experience with the packaged campaign to a screeching halt. The bug in question seems to occur in situations where a cutscene is supposed to trigger. During these instances, the screen will go black for several seconds, and after the game resumes, it becomes impossible to progress in whatever quest you were engaged in. To divulge any further details would necessitate revealing some plot spoilers, so we'll hold off for now.

On the first occasion that we encountered this bug, an Obsidian rep recommended that we restart the client, reload an old save, and retry the bugged encounter. It worked, but during the second instance in which we encountered the bug, that same course of action yielded no favorable results. At the time of this update, Atari and Obsidian are yet to officially comment on the status of this bug, though from the looks of the official boards, several customers are reporting similar problems.

Ooooh, bad times :thumbsup: If the bug isn't being fixed by reloading, that's going to put a serious dent in their review overall. Nobody likes game whiplash.

Sweet I love it when reviewers get progression breaks.

;__;

A little? I was waiting for the guy to say that NWN2's better than sex.

...that review had ta 'ave been done by Volourn... :lol:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Ooooh, bad times :lol: If the bug isn't being fixed by reloading, that's going to put a serious dent in their review overall. Nobody likes game whiplash.

It is fixed by reloading. It may just take a couple of attempts. It's an encounter that takes place during world map travel and involves two cut scenes both of which can fail to trigger. If either does you can't leave the map and half your party stops following you.

I fortunately had an auto-save just as I was leaving the previous area so while annoying it wasn't a huge deal. Had to reload it three times though.

My theory is that the bug happens when a scripted sequence tries to trigger and you are not in control of your own character. That's the only time it has happened to me. Most sequences boot you to your own char but I guess some don't and that happens. So to be safe play your own boring self. :)

My theory is that the bug happens when a scripted sequence tries to trigger and you are not in control of your own character. That's the only time it has happened to me. Most sequences boot you to your own char but I guess some don't and that happens. So to be safe play your own boring self. ;)

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I can now continue on! :)

Edited by Deraldin

As we've continued to progress through the game, we have encountered a "show-stopper" bug that has essentially brought our experience with the packaged campaign to a screeching halt.
Q&A, beta testers do actually play a game from beginning to end right? This is something that could randomly happen?

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

My theory is that the bug happens when a scripted sequence tries to trigger and you are not in control of your own character. That's the only time it has happened to me. Most sequences boot you to your own char but I guess some don't and that happens. So to be safe play your own boring self. :p

This theory is correct!