Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Thirteen Days, about the Cuban missle crisis in the 60's.

Almost nothing but talking, but still as interesting and good as I remember from seeing it in the theater. Except that I wish they'd chosen someone else besides Kevin Coster. He doesn't do badly, but imo he doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the cast/tone of the film, either. At least Coster's role is limited, with the large cast of characters in the film.

The actors playing the Kennedy's are great.

Even more interesting to watch were the documentary features on the DVD.

I've tried to watch that movie several times - but I always fall asleep or end up doing something else! not that the story is boring, it just fails to involve me..

Really? :)

I'm assuming you are aware of the huge significance of the event and the near-precipitation of a thermo-nuclear war, and the frantic political lobbying on both sides of the table to prevent that without giving ground or losing face.

Is it the actors' performance? Or because it's English Do you watch the dubbed / subtitled version?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm assuming you are aware of the huge significance of the event and the near-precipitation of a thermo-nuclear war, and the frantic political lobbying on both sides of the table to prevent that without giving ground or losing face.

Is it the actors' performance? Or because it's English Do you watch the dubbed / subtitled version?

foregin films are only subtitled here, but I have no problem with or without them.. unless people are mumbling..

The reason I really wanted to see the film was that the story behind it always intrigued me! This was, as you say, one of the only times we were truely close to nuclear annihilation..

And I can't really explain why I feel so incredible bored when watching the movie - I just get really restless and feel the need to do something else.. the acting is fine, the suspense building up is nicely done (at least for what parts of it I saw).. it's almost like a psychological trigger that makes me tired when seeing it.. ^_^

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

I just finished "Clerks 2". I'm not quite sure how to feel about it. It was different...nowhere near what I expected. I expected something goofy along the lines of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and instead I came away with a more "Chasing Amy" feel. It's hard to explain...I guess I liked it. It just really was way different than my expectations.

Tower Records is apparently closing it's doors all over the place, thus I bought a lot of cheap movies.

Lords of Discipline...one of those films I rented ages ago because someone specific was in it, and I kinda liked it. Watching it now...eh, not so great. Not bad for a message/drama film but...meh. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Science Of Sleep

It's beautiful and honest and funny and; depressing.

There were two bits during the film that made me cry a little.

>_

cry

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's not okay because it's personal and ****ed up and I'm letting this crap eat me up inside and I'm going to do exactly bugger all about it.

I'm ****ing depressed while posting on a gaming web forum. It doesn't get anymore depressing than that.

sure it does.. you could be sitting alone in the dark crying to yourself.. that would be more depressing! and even if you are - it could still be more depressing than that..

Fortune favors the bald.

Alice

Portuguese flick. Pretty good.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Two Towers

Yeah, my fave of the bunch.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds