Deus Ex

Dark_Raven

THe music in Deus Ex was crap.

Far from it. It fitted the setting perfectly.

Deus Ex is a classic that should be enjoyed by every gamer. Same with System Shock 2.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The original Deus Ex is pretty ****in' excellent, though. Once you get past the blocky Quake 2 engine and the synth music (both of which I never really minded in the first place) you've got a lean sci-fi noir, and what's probably the best FPS/RPG ever made, after System Shock.

The nitpicker in me feels that I should point out that it was the Unreal Engine, hence the Glide support.

As for the game, Deus Ex is probably the best game experience I have ever had. There are many games that I have loved, from the BG games, to the Half-Life games, to the Fallouts, Civs, etc. If I was allowed to somehow delete my memories of a game so that I could play through it "for the first time" again, I would pick Deus Ex.

And I disagree that the music sucked as well. I thought the music was very well done.

Don't mind me, I just dislike electronica. SS2 music was crap as well, and for me, a huge mood killer.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I love the theme music by Kidneythieves and the title screen of DX2. I think you can get the sound track on Amazon.

I like reading the books that lay about, the screams when you knock over a flaming barrel accidentally on purpose are chilling. Turning the corner when you think you have killed every one, then bumping into the enemy and he's as surprised as you. Spy bots. (w00t)

A relative who brought their Playstation 2 was staying with us, so I rented the first one and forgot I had to take it back the next day,(Duh) that was expensive. Personally I didn't like the how the weapons in DX1 used different ammo, probably because I kept running out.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

DX:IW's soundtrack (not the Kidneythieves (NG) tracks though... just the level :) ) was made freely available from the Ion Storm website. Site is gone now though... but I still have the soundtrack downloaded from there on my PC.

And you played DX on the PS2? >_<

It is made for the PC; the port was done...well... quite awfull IMO. Try playing it on the PC; it may change your mind on things you hated (like the ammo)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Already listen to it now then to see it's okay :thumbsup: ;

EDIT: Dead link damnit.

Ah well; try

http://jadiepoo.com/dx/OST/

Especially 01 - Deus Ex Main Title.mp3

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Yes I had wanted, still do want to play DX on PC but I am not familiar with pc game requirements but I am learning. :) The port was probably awful because it was the Playstation, but it was and still is a great game. I liked it enough to considered getting a playstation. Then I remembered the Xbox slogan "Every time a Playstation is sold a puppy puppy dies."

Last time I checked the sound track for DX2 wasn't on the Kidneythieves site, but there was a link to Amazon, shame about Ionstorm.

I just scrolled down and saw the link! :D

Ed: That one works. :thumbsup: No music from Dx2. :)

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Well I just ordered the first one. Now to wait........

You will not be disapointed. :p

http://offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/

^ Deus Ex High Definition Texture Pack.

Whats included:

1. gunther hermann

2. 2 demo weapons - 1 crowbar and 1 baton

3. objects and their new models and textures from phases 1-4

4. demo pack of the items package

5. a demo map to see all the new things together in one place - along with their old versions for comparison

6. the single player HDTP exe of course!

This release wont blow your socks off - you wont load it and feel like youre wearing some zany HDTP spectacles - its more of a showcase. I think the only time this mod will impact is once the weapons pack and characters are all done :)

I think a few crits we'd had during testing is that 'Oh - it all looks the same!? Whats the difference?' ...yes it does look the same - only better and far more detailed, would be my response. Its meant to be the 'original in high definition' - not a rework of the DX graphics library to turn it into something unrecognisible!

Thank you. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

THe music in Deus Ex was crap.

Far from it. It fitted the setting perfectly.

Deus Ex is a classic that should be enjoyed by every gamer. Same with System Shock 2.

I hope the music is good. The soundtrack can make or break a game.

If you liked the soundtrack on Bloodlines, you'll love the soundtrack on Deus Ex. Trust me.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

DX has music?  ;)

Thta's the first thing I turn off :)

Turn it back on... you miss a part of the experience (no, not XP or Skill points! :) ) otherwise

No music from Dx2.

That was only available on DX:IW's main site... but since that one is down :blink: Don't know an alternative adress for DL; but I could try uploading the whole track to Rapidshare if you want to. Just remember it is only the level (and credits/main menu) songs and NOT NG Resonaince (Sp?) (a.k.a. Kidneythieves) music. Makes it not that good as DX's soundtrack...

^

In NOLF the background music is part of the gameplay.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I find background music kills immersion.

Real life doesn't have music going on in the background :) (clubs and bars excluded of course)

Well, turning off the music would have eliminated the music from the various nightclubs you visit in Deus Ex.

I prefer music for the most part. Just like I don't find music takes away from movies, I don't find music (that's good and appropriate anyways) takes away from games.

Background music, noise, etc is a must. Bloodlines would not have been great without it. Or any other game for that matter.

Music if used right, like in horror films, can make a game more jumpy for the player.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

DX isn't like that...

I cannot imagine UNATCO being UNATCO without that theme music there... and especially NYC's maps have some great background music to it (or I just listened to that much more than the rest due to included in Demo; and remember it better because of that)

^

And than I haven't even started about the theme song run in the main menu :)

If you don't wish to try ingame... there is a link a page or 2 back :)

^

Background music, noise, etc is a must. Bloodlines would not have been great without it. Or any other game for that matter.

Play a Dragon Warrior or Final Fantasy game... all the way to the end... with the music on... your ears will bleed, trust me. :)

I had no problems with the Final Fantasy music. I loved the boss fight music in FF7 (which is similar to that of most FF games I have played), as well as the Jenova (or whatever her name was) fight music as well.

The music of the FF7 fights actually pumped me up.