Deus Ex

Dark_Raven

the first one is really good

second one isn't all that great though. main thing that annoyed me about it was the fact that every gun uses the same ammo.... i ended up using the pistol for pretty much the whole game, everything else just wasted way too much ammo :thumbsup:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

DE:IW is very lacking in comparison to the original. Some of the design ideas were pretty misguided (ie all weapons using the same ammo)

The original Deus Ex is pretty ****in' excellent, though. Once you get past the blocky Quake 2 engine and the synth music (both of which I never really minded in the first place) you've got a lean sci-fi noir, and what's probably the best FPS/RPG ever made, after System Shock.

i still play the first one

very good storyline and very immersive

one playthrough took me hours longer than normal because i went round reading all the emails/newspapers/bulletins that i hadn't really paid attention to before. it actually adds quite a bit of detail :thumbsup:

most of them wont make sense on your first playthrough

but once you've played it a few times it'll all make sense :thumbsup:

dammit, i wanna go home and play it now! :thumbsup:

"i wanted orange, it gave me lemon lime" :D

IW was good, not great but good. Very fluid design and the game worked.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

http://offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/

^ Deus Ex High Definition Texture Pack.

Whats included:

1. gunther hermann

2. 2 demo weapons - 1 crowbar and 1 baton

3. objects and their new models and textures from phases 1-4

4. demo pack of the items package

5. a demo map to see all the new things together in one place - along with their old versions for comparison

6. the single player HDTP exe of course!

This release wont blow your socks off - you wont load it and feel like youre wearing some zany HDTP spectacles - its more of a showcase. I think the only time this mod will impact is once the weapons pack and characters are all done :p

I think a few crits we'd had during testing is that 'Oh - it all looks the same!? Whats the difference?' ...yes it does look the same - only better and far more detailed, would be my response. Its meant to be the 'original in high definition' - not a rework of the DX graphics library to turn it into something unrecognisible!

The original Deus Ex is pretty ****in' excellent, though. Once you get past the blocky Quake 2 engine and the synth music (both of which I never really minded in the first place) you've got a lean sci-fi noir, and what's probably the best FPS/RPG ever made, after System Shock.

Can see the point on the outdated graphics (atleast it looks "realistic" unlike DX:IW's Neon Overflood)... but what was wrong with the music?

The opening tune (Main Menu) is legendary! :p

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

THe music in Deus Ex was crap [not to my liking].

Edited by metadigital

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: